NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Do the Jets or Broncos go for Jimmy G?
I think there's quite a bit more draft maneuvering to go before the picks are made at the top of the 1st round in the draft.

It looks like the Jets have decided on their QB of the future not named Justin Herbert so you can cross the Jets off the list. I'd go with the Broncos or Patriots for Jimmy G.

The big question is who the Jets have their eye on at #2, because the answer to that question could determine if other teams consider trading up to #4 or #5.

I dont think the Jets can afford to draft Wilson without a vet to start first. Wilson needs to sit for half a season or full season. If they drafted Fields they could start him. Wilson would be best for the Niners who can sit him behind Garrapolo
I'm with you on that, but the Jets have destroyed many a QB career

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Of course they traded Darnold. It all makes sense now.

The most Jets thing possible is to go for the hype guy, start him week 1 with no safety net, and then watch him bust out.

Take Fields you morons, unless you just want to keep making the same mistake forever.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I was a very good baseball player when a teenager, but i didnt really enjoy the game, and have not really taken an interest since. Can watch, but just not interested. Dont like basketball or hockey either, just football :(

I'm basically the same, just a playoff hanger on when it come to those other sports, except AFL of course, you must be loving it this season seeing as the last time I checked you were a Swans supporter.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I think there's quite a bit more draft maneuvering to go before the picks are made at the top of the 1st round in the draft.

It looks like the Jets have decided on their QB of the future not named Justin Herbert so you can cross the Jets off the list. I'd go with the Broncos or Patriots for Jimmy G.

The big question is who the Jets have their eye on at #2, because the answer to that question could determine if other teams consider trading up to #4 or #5.
What did i miss? I know the Chargers can act dumb at times. But i dont think they would trade the Herb man for pick 2

What do we known though? That the Jets didn't think he was worth keep and he could well be damage goods.

I don't see it as a positive "that we know" when what we know hasn't been anything special at all. :(

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I was a very good baseball player when a teenager, but i didnt really enjoy the game, and have not really taken an interest since. Can watch, but just not interested. Dont like basketball or hockey either, just football :(

Similar story here, although it was basketball that I was good at. I could shoot the lights out, but I was short, slow and fat, so I was only ever going to make good club level. (You've also never seen worse farmers arms popping out of a basketball singlet, which made me strangely self conscious while playing.)

Now? Can't stand the sport to watch it, and don't watch basketball or hockey either. Most yank sport is total crap, I don't know how they came up with this masterpiece of the gridiron!

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
What do we known though? That the Jets didn't think he was worth keep and he could well be damage goods.

I don't see it as a positive "that we know" when what we know hasn't been anything special at all. :(

I'm prepared to completely forgive and forget 2 seasons under Adam Gase. He didn't have an o-line, he didn't have a run game after Bell busted out, and he had an incompetent coach that wasn't highlighting his strengths.

I thought he was over rated coming into the draft, he was another of those spruke guys whose tape revealed a lot of inaccuracy - but I think if there's a head coach in the league who can develop a playbook that highlights his strengths its Matt Rhule. You think of some of those Baylor spread offences that he was running, and Darnold is going to get every chance to succeed.

I didn't realise I cared so much about Darnold, but I think he copped a trash deal in New York, so I'm really rooting hard for him.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

He is prob still the same kid he was coming out of USC with some decision making issues and now has no confidence which was one of the things he did have entering the NFL. but with some extra bad habits now in his game because of Gase and the Dumpster fire of the Jets.

I think the Jets could of got more for him if not for the MNF game a few years ago where he was mic'd up saying he was jumping at shadows or seeing ghosts. Like that shows where his confidence is at.

The right coach could possibly save him, but i dont think there is enough time to do it. and limited practice hurts.

Speaking of baseball I could’ve been a contender.

Meanwhile Texas Rangers had full capacity at their season opener today..40,000 in a state seeing another uptick in covid infections. Dumb

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Speaking of baseball I could’ve been a contender.

Meanwhile Texas Rangers had full capacity at their season opener today..40,000 in a state seeing another uptick in covid infections. Dumb
We knew that America was "back to normal" a few weeks ago when the daily mass shootings started again.

TGBB thats a very interesting insight.

I have always thought that Darnold was a much better player than we ever got to watch in the Jets outfit.

With out wanting to kick the Jets when they are down ............ they have been a graveyard for rookies.
As a Pats fan I was thrilled when the Jets hired Gase and very sad when they terminated his employment.

I like Wilson a lot and want him to make it, I just hope like hell that, he is eased into the big league without ..... having to be the "New Messiah".

I agree with GG.exe Wilson needs an experienced vet next to him, preferable a bridge QB, the Jets aren't making the playoffs next season, so whats the rush, FFS do your rebuild properly, for once, with a bit of nurturing and development of your young talent.

Last edited:
What did i miss? I know the Chargers can act dumb at times. But i dont think they would trade the Herb man for pick 2
My bad, Trevor Lawrence. I’m blaming too many Easter eggs...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Newly re-signed Seahawks DE Carlos Dunlap said he received assurances from Russell Wilson that the quarterback would remain with the team in 2021.
“He’s with us," Dunlap said. "Here to stay." The Wilson trade chatter died down just as soon as it began, with the Bears' signing of Andy Dalton (lol) seeming to put an end to it for good. This was the second consecutive offseason Wilson could scarcely conceal his displeasure with the only organization he has ever known, but short of sitting out, he lacked the leverage to force the team's hand. With Sean McVay disciple Shane Waldron now calling the Seahawks' plays, things should be looking up for Wilson in 2021.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Omar Ruiz on Twitter
Apr 6, 2021, 4:36 PM ET

Back