Autopsy AFL 2021 Rnd 3: Liked, Hated, Learnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to put down your thoughts on round 3, what did you like, hate and learn from Round 3?

take it away

Liked: Kysaiah Pickett like WOW WOW WOW

Hated: The flowering interpretations by umpires..... i don't get it!

Learnt: Giants are a rudderless ship and the Captain (Leon Cameron) faces a mutiny on The Bounty

Desync

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Liked - Watching Essendon finally do something, Watching the future run over the Premiers. Watching Bruce kick 10 goals

Hated - Watching Hawks v Geelong snooze fest :sleeping:

Learnt - Geelong are way off where I thought at the start of the year and I can't see their 3 in's really making all that much difference.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Liked: Watching some of the upsets, and watching the power forwards kicking ACTUAL bags of goals (3s and 4s aren't bags...)
Hated: How Geelong play, poor umpiring being masked by players kicking bags.
Learnt: For teams like Saints, Port and Richmond those losses come off as a blip, but North come off really badly as a percentage booster this year and I literally can't see where their first win comes from.

1. Liked - Flyin’ Ryan’s mark..this is why our game is the greatest in the world
2. Learnt - I already knew it but don’t ever underestimate Sydney, they are never down for long.
3. Hated - Brian Taylor and James Brayshaw commentating, utter flogs.

Liked: even the blowouts were good to watch
Kozzie under the lights - more of it please AFL

Hated:
Easter Monday scrapfest
Injuries

Learnt:
Unless it’s North every team is a threat on their day

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
I learned that Jonathan Brown's voice sits in the exact wrong frequency range for penetrating through the sound of a footy crowd.

He's probably loud and booming in person but on TV his voice gets completely sucked up by the crowd noise, and 50% of the time I have no idea what he's saying.

Oh and also I think the Swans are quite good this year.

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Liked - Tex is unbelievable at the moment
Hated - Umpiring across the board
Learnt - Crows shouldn't finish bottom

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Liked: Sydney's kids. Quite exciting.

Hated: The fact that more of the games weren't close.

Learnt: Not much.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Liked: Expansive footy brings the big fellas into the game up forward. Oh and Richmond losing.
Hated: Not much. Mics on the umps is closest.
Learnt: The league has as much parity as it ever has. Nice.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Liked: Kysaiah Pickett like WOW WOW WOW

Hated: The flowering interpretations by umpires..... i don't get it!

Learnt: Giants are a rudderless ship and the Captain (Leon Cameron) faces a mutiny on The Bounty
Do yourself a favour and watch the Anthony Hopkins movie The Bounty on Stan if you have it. I think Leon Cameron could be in trouble if at (say) round 17 the Giants are absolutely woeful, but he has survived several disappointing years. Since he has taken them to a grand final and several finals campaigns, I think the club will persist with him for another couple of years at least. Persisting is the new sacking.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Liked: Thursday night footy. Zac Bailey. The Hawks comeback. Key forwards kicking bags.

Hated: losing another close game to Geelong.

Learnt: Geelong won't play finals if they stick with yesterday's game plan.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like the style being played.
Hate how many players are getting away with throwing it or dropping it. And our match committee going in with a stupid side.
Learned. Its practically impossible at this stage to figure out who makes the finals.

LightTower4

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2004
No Fixed Address
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do yourself a favour and watch the Anthony Hopkins movie The Bounty on Stan if you have it. I think Leon Cameron could be in trouble if at (say) round 17 the Giants are absolutely woeful, but he has survived several disappointing years. Since he has taken them to a grand final and several finals campaigns, I think the club will persist with him for another couple of years at least. Persisting is the new sacking.

Funniest 2 minutes for what is meant to be a serious movie.
The head turning from 1:05 is like what they used to do on 'Fast Forward' when they were taking the piss.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Liked: Watching an Essendon game for the first time in ages where I felt relaxed about the outcome at half time. CJ. Made an otherwise boring as batshit game watchable.

Hated: As much as I despise the majority of their supporters on here it's never great to see a rabble like North are at the moment.

Learnt: Geelong are meh and won't go anywhere this year and are in trouble when Selwood, Danger and Hawkins retire.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Liked: Watching some of the upsets, and watching the power forwards kicking ACTUAL bags of goals (3s and 4s aren't bags...)
Hated: How Geelong play, poor umpiring being masked by players kicking bags.
Learnt: For teams like Saints, Port and Richmond those losses come off as a blip, but North come off really badly as a percentage booster this year and I literally can't see where their first win comes from.
Forwards getting poor opponents verse forwards like Daniher getting good defenders like Moore are better contests

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
Liked: Kozzie. That intercept goal was a thing of beauty. I get the feeling that by the end of his career his highlight reel will be full of many things like that

Hated: seeing Nth so badly beaten up. It’s ugly and I hope they can fix things up soon

Learned: it’s going to be a different season. Coaches trying different things to figure out the best way to deal with the rule changes while not getting smashed when it goes the other way

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Liked beating the Pies by a point after the siren

that's all

Oh and Joe Dan is settling in nicely and building some nice chemistry with our other forwards especially Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back