Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

I’m skeptical of that number, given the caps.

I also Suspect if you drill down, a lot are not actually Aussie citizens returning either (the FB groups are full of these examples), but Australian residents returning.

There are also some muppets who continued to travel when this kicked off, and are now part of that number, but as stated, a lot of people on work contracts or visas followed Aus Govt advice to stay where they are - when they could’ve got home early last year - and in return the Govt basically ignored them.

As I said, I have a good life here, so not a big deal; but some of the stories are absolutely f’ed - people with dying relatives, lost employment etc, who can’t get home.

In my group of about two dozen Aussies here, 2 have gone home since this started - one permanently (so paid a shitload for his flights), and 1 lucked out with flights for a 4 month return visit for his brothers wedding.

NONE of us are registered with DFat as wanting to come home, and never have been.
I’m glad I’ve heard all this mate, even though it’s totally awful. It sounds like the real trapped people are being screwed whilst a whole bunch of others are flying for reasons hard to explain.

I’m glad I’ve heard all this mate, even though it’s totally awful. It sounds like the real trapped people are being screwed whilst a whole bunch of others are flying for reasons hard to explain.
They have the money to pay for the limited tickets

Yeah, as Hawky says - because of limited capacity, the few airlines that are flying are prioritising first and business fares; so if you book economy, generally you'll get a call a couple of weeks out requiring an upgrade, or to be bumped. Plenty of people have been bumped 5-10 times, it's insane.

Last time I looked, (Feb), economy tickets from Europe were $6k each way (plus $3k quarantine cost); which are unlikely to be filled, and more likely to end up being $8k-$15k each way, for business/first.

So yeah, it's a ******* shambles.

Plus your outsiders being flown in don’t even have to go into hotel quarantine but get to quarantine in a private home. Another option not available to Australians coming home.

Kingy how old are you mate? If you’re 40 ish or under Covid is just like a cold/flu anyway

Yeah, mid 30s - exactly why I didn't give a s**t :p

This time last year, I thought it was going to be catastrophic (see Italy mortality rate); turns out China was just feeding us bullshit and it's not that big of a deal if handled correctly.

Good on you for educating yourself on this issue.

Good on you for educating yourself on this issue.

Definitely.

Reading some of the bogans on FB would be enraging, if I didn't just view them as muppets to be ridiculed.

That said, the hotel quarantine system is a pretty ******* fragile system - I think we've been incredibly lucky it has held up.

Should've re-opened Christmas Island or setup camps in Darwin or something.

Vaccinate people, put them on cruise ships and bring them to Australia.
If they have no Covid when they get here they are fine.
Use slow cruises as well. With vaccinated workers. This idea has merit and there are many unused boats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, mid 30s - exactly why I didn't give a sh*t :p

This time last year, I thought it was going to be catastrophic (see Italy mortality rate); turns out China was just feeding us bullshit and it's not that big of a deal if handled correctly.
It’s bad in France at the moment. 93 percent ICU rate and 20k idiots marched for climate change. I’m more intrigued at the vaccination rates of certain countries and how it doesn’t seem to be impacting the numbers.

We’ve done 650,000. How many do you want to do? People are not trapped. They are making the choice to travel and they can’t all be needing to on compassionate reasons. We are in a global pandemic and the risk of hotel quarantine is people dying. I’m sorry but I don’t really get the push for more, in fact now anyone who wanted to come home will be home, it should be less.

The number of 650,000 has been proven to be a load of wank time and time again. Just like the 3000 people per week returning home cap - its a little over 1500 average. Nearly half are people traveling to Australia, not returning from being stranded

Kingy how old are you mate? If you’re 40 ish or under Covid is just like a cold/flu anyway

I turned 37 a few days ago. I have a great set of lungs, can freedive to near 30m deep with over 4min breath hold. Never smoked, always been pretty fit. Covid knocked me on my ass. I didnt sleep for a week, had to catch my breath from just going to the toilet. I had no appetite or energy, its the sickest I have been in probably 20 years. 2 weeks later my vision is still strange, starting to eat again at least though.

One of the worst things is I was locked away in a hotel with no support. If I had even someone to make me some honey and lemon tea it would have been amazing. I didnt have the supplies to do so or the energy to even get up. Getting toast was something I had to really struggle to do knowing i needed a chair to sit on to catch my breath a few times.

I turned 37 a few days ago. I have a great set of lungs, can freedive to near 30m deep with over 4min breath hold. Never smoked, always been pretty fit. Covid knocked me on my ass. I didnt sleep for a week, had to catch my breath from just going to the toilet. I had no appetite or energy, its the sickest I have been in probably 20 years. 2 weeks later my vision is still strange, starting to eat again at least though.

One of the worst things is I was locked away in a hotel with no support. If I had even someone to make me some honey and lemon tea it would have been amazing. I didnt have the supplies to do so or the energy to even get up. Getting toast was something I had to really struggle to do knowing i needed a chair to sit on to catch my breath a few times.

That's ****ed mate, hope you're feeling better now.

This is the thing that worries me about the virus - for most people, it's a mild inconvenience; but, like you, some people get smashed by it.

For what I, and most of my friends had, the reaction to it is completely over the top... so I still have this sneaking suspicion there is more to it than we're being told.

That's f’ed mate, hope you're feeling better now.

This is the thing that worries me about the virus - for most people, it's a mild inconvenience; but, like you, some people get smashed by it.

For what I, and most of my friends had, the reaction to it is completely over the top... so I still have this sneaking suspicion there is more to it than we're being told.
luck of the draw and you dont know until you get it

That's f’ed mate, hope you're feeling better now.

Not sure about that...

Not sure about that...

Isn't that in line with what I said?

This is a designed virus, if we're being generous, China had a lab leak - but their actions since have been indefensible.

If they came clean to the world about exactly what they were trying to achieve (and most likely it was a positive research project), and what the * this is, we would've been better placed to tackle it - and to figure out exactly what it was doing to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back