Delisted 26. Luke Parks

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Like the build. Like the long arms. Is a sub 3 second 20m sprinter (very good). Has a decent leap. Long kick that looks ok but needs cleaning up a bit. Supposedly had endurance issues but ran his arse off on Saturday which put paid to that. He is a true defender. Really wants to keep his man out of the game. I love the determination. He has real fight in him.

Gonna make a huge call: he’s played his last VFL game.

Yep, he’s got the necessary qualities that make for a good defender and he also strikes me as someone who has the durable physique of a Tuck/Simmo that is unlikely to get injured which would be a refreshing change for our players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, he’s got the necessary qualities that make for a good defender and he also strikes me as someone who has the durable physique of a Tuck/Simmo that is unlikely to get injured which would be a refreshing change for our players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah if he can stay on the Parks I can see hopefully nothing but good things for this lad.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Love that the number 26 was presented by David Rhys-Jones, who was recruited from the Sydney Swans to Carlton. Luke Parks started out at the Sydney Swans.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Like the build. Like the long arms. Is a sub 3 second 20m sprinter (very good). Has a decent leap. Long kick that looks ok but needs cleaning up a bit. Supposedly had endurance issues but ran his arse off on Saturday which put paid to that. He is a true defender. Really wants to keep his man out of the game. I love the determination. He has real fight in him.

Gonna make a huge call: he’s played his last VFL game.
Huge call given his complete lack of agility, but I'll take his defensive efforts over Newman.

Sets a good standard for Williamson, though.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Huge call given his complete lack of agility, but I'll take his defensive efforts over Newman.

Sets a good standard for Williamson, though.
Can you explain what you mean by complete lack of agility? He's obvious a fast sprinter. Are you trying to say he struggles with lateral movements and changing direction? How was this measured?

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Can you explain what you mean by complete lack of agility? He's obvious a fast sprinter. Are you trying to say he struggles with lateral movements and changing direction? How was this measured?
Yes, and with my eyes when watching him adjust positioning or change direction.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Jim, you set the bar fairly high for 'newbies'. Too soon to judge Parks, but Gibbo's developing into a 2021 top 5 B&F to me.
I'm not writing him off, just pointing out a key issue that has to be factored in when considering his long-term prospects.

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
What a wonderful pick-up this guy has been, especially considering he was just a rookie draft pick! Played very well today and didn’t look like he missed a beat despite coming in off the back of an injury. Very comfortable at AFL level already and has some mongrel.

Back