Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Contested marks from Taberner, Fyfe and Lobb is critical for our game plan all over the ground. You’re delusional if you think otherwise.

Rewind 5-6 years and it was Pavlich and Sandilands... The players have changed - the reliance on our best markers hasn’t.

We’ve always been too slow to move the ball and don’t take risks enough for this to not be the case.
Thanks for calling me delusional but I’m not the guy stacking our side/list with sub 180cm players.

Thanks for calling me delusional but I’m not the guy stacking our side/list with sub 180cm players.

I wasn’t trying to call you in particular delusional. We should have a Plan B for when there’s no Lobb and/or Taberner but aren’t even close. What I was trying to say was thinking that Lobb and/or contested marking around the ground isn’t highly critical to the way the side plays is delusional. Sorry if it came across differently.

I’ve been critical of the number of sub 180cm players on the list previously and stated I was against drafting more but was basically shut down by other posters on this board. Agree on that point 100%.

I wasn’t trying to call you in particular delusional. We should have a Plan B for when there’s no Lobb and/or Taberner but aren’t even close. What I was trying to say was thinking that Lobb and/or contested marking around the ground isn’t highly critical to the way the side plays is delusional. Sorry if it came across differently.

I’ve been critical of the number of sub 180cm players on the list previously and stated I was against drafting more but was basically shut down by other posters on this board. Agree on that point 100%.
No drama.

Everyone in here needs to take a look at Gold Coast for some perspective, they're experiencing some very rotten luck, 2 ACLs in 2 weeks!

Think we had two in a match once. Possibly even the same quarter. McManus and Paul Maher. Cruciate corner at Subi.

But my memory’s fading.

Very hard to have a plan B for that. When you look at the top teams they have very good talls front and back. Its imperative. Eagles plan is very simple, put pressure on the ball so teams are forced to dump kick when going forward where there defenders are unrivalled in the air. When going forward move with pace to create the one on ones. If there is no outlet, hold onto the ball while the forwards block for each other to create isolation.

Last edited:
Grade 3 Hamstring tears stay with you for life, let’s not rush young back and let him see the season out at peel on low minutes

Nat Fyfe (concussion) – Test
Griffin Logue (hamstring) – Test
Bailey Banfield (ankle) – Test
Mitch Crowden (calf) – Test
Luke Valente (soreness) – Test
Lachie Schultz (concussion) – 1 week
Darcy Tucker (hamstring) – 1 week
Brandon Walker (concussion) – 1 week
Rory Lobb (knee) – 1-2 weeks
Joel Hamling (ankle) – 2-4 weeks
Brett Bewley (groin) – 3 weeks
Alex Pearce (knee) – 4-5 weeks
Hayden Young (hamstring) – TBA
Stephen Hill (hamstring) – TBA
I hope that revolving door to the injury depart was installed well , jeez it's getting a work out .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF he didn't take half a century to wind up a kick, THEN perhaps he wouldn't be caught like that.
Definitely noticeable against St Kilda in 2020 when he injured his ankle. Was a little more unlucky with the hamstring. I do agree a little more game awareness would help Youngy.

IF he didn't take half a century to wind up a kick, THEN perhaps he wouldn't be caught like that.
Yep have posted this before here. He’s really got to make his kicking action more efficient if he wants to make it at AFL level.

Our injury list is now nowhere near the worst, and yes, I'm touching top quality Western Australian timber as we speak!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back