Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Tom Brown is actually just a massive troll.

6a379bad09883459f6128055365984fe.jpg

54764524bdcdaa9c3a6c77fe208124de.jpg

2c1f41e7386cc9d38cc4f9c79829c7c3.jpg

kaII

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

"Last year's elimination final exit put then out of their own self-driven moping misery, where they never properly got their heads around the major distractions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic."

Barrett with a lovely turn of phrase there. WC's only mistake on that count was being open with the hack AFL media about the mental state of their players.

Wonder how old Damo would have fared in the circumstances.

Last edited:

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

"Last year's elimination final exit put then out of their own self-driven moping misery, where they never properly got their heads around the major distractions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic."

Barrett with a lovely turn of phrase there. WC's only mistake on that count was being open with the hack AFL media about the mental state of their players.

Wonder how old Damo would have fared in the circumstances.
It really annoys me how mouth-pieces like Barrett create a story and then repeat it enough times to try and make it come true. The Eagles didn't handle the hub well, but that is not because they spat the dummy. It was more to do with the general unknown and disruption that existed with COVID at the time. They weren't even given a return date.

In hindsight, we lost two of the first three hub games to the teams that finished 1 and 2 (Brisbane and Port) and the third to a young Gold Coast team that surprised everyone with their improvement. We also were clearly a rung below the best last year, something which had nothing to do with so called whinging.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t bother watching On The Couch tonight if you expected to hear anything about our game against Port. If however you’d like to watch a Sydney & Melbourne love fest then you’ll love that episode.
Yeah i watched it waiting over an hour before we got a mention which lasted all of a minute. Maybe it was a silly of me to assume a complete dismantling of last years ladder leaders was worthy of a segment o_O

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Yeah i watched it waiting over an hour before we got a mention which lasted all of a minute. Maybe it was a silly of me to assume a complete dismantling of last years ladder leaders was worthy of a segment o_O
Haven't watched couch for probably 5 years... Seems like nothing has changed really.

Prob talk about us... you get ready to hear it... theres like 20 words about us then Lyon or Brown go "Oh but talking about travelling look at how Sydney did this..." and our segment is done.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
No mention of the Eagles on AFL 360 not even Liam Ryan’s Mark

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Don’t bother watching On The Couch tonight if you expected to hear anything about our game against Port. If however you’d like to watch a Sydney & Melbourne love fest then you’ll love that episode.

Pretty much; coverage of West Coast was thus:
  • open on a replay of Ryan's mark (to validate Healy's comment from last week that he will take a big one soon)
  • Brown counters Riewoldt's comments on Grundy's ineffective hitouts in that it isn't an issue for NicNat
  • token mention of the game for less than a minute - Port didn't turn up and that is what happens now if you are not switched on this year

As usual, the hosts were self-absorbed with the teams they are affiliated with:
  • Healy - couldn't stop going on about the Swans and how Longmire has suddenly taken some Damascene conversion to attacking tactics
  • Brown - kept banging on about the Lions and Z.Bailey's after the siren kick and how it could be the foundation of what makes a season
  • Riewoldt - did little more than try and defend his beloved Saints all episode
  • Lyon - couldn't hold himself back from pumping up the tyres of the Demons

The only real tactical comment of the episode was from Healy in reference to his opinion on the impending demise of zone defences, with defenders who have been able to get away with not doing any defending in recent seasons now getting found out in a big way.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The only real tactical comment of the episode was from Healy in reference to his opinion on the impending demise of zone defences, with defenders who have been able to get away with not doing any defending in recent seasons now getting found out in a big way.
So is it time we ring Eric McKenzie for a come back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damo's weird ability to say we moped around in the hub last year at every opportunity is a very peculiar obsession.

There's a reason why clubs aren't as open with the media as they want them to be.

Is a very dislikable human who was likely bullied horribly during his youth.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Loving the vic media filling up the demons bath tub with water.

Unlike the swans they havent beaten anyone of note.

The worst side in the comp on 3-0.
We got the last laugh but I still hate the fact they did us at home in 17 and the regular season home game in 18.

We were missing a big chunk of our most important players in both those games if my memory serves

2018 we were missing Kennedy and Darling got knocked out in the first few minutes, and we still almost beat them.

The (over)confidence the Demons win at Optus in 2018 gave them and the Vic media leading into the PF just made the way we belted them all the sweeter

The loss in the H&A was well worth the payoff in the prelim

The (over)confidence the Demons win at Optus in 2018 gave them and the Vic media leading into the PF just made the way we belted them all the sweeter

The loss in the H&A was well worth the payoff in the prelim
Definitely my favourite Optus moment yet.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Definitely my favourite Optus moment yet.

Showing the live cross of Melbourne supporters in Melbourne on the Optus screens because it wouldn't be fair to poor widdle Melbourne otherwise made it even sweeter.

Still can't believe that actually happened.

I'm getting angry just thinking about it. I need to hit 'Post reply' right now or I'm going to bust out an almighty "BOOOOO!!!" in the middle of the office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back