Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not buy into the fact that Brad Scott overachieved with his list at all. This was the lineup against West Coast in the prelim:

FB: Firrito, Tarrant, Hansen,
HB: Atley, Thompson, Wright
C: Dal Santo, Wells, Gibson
HF: Harvey, Petrie, Higgins,
FF: Waite, Brown, Thomas
R: Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
INT: Jacobs, Turner, Garner, MacMillan

Are you seriously telling me that's a 13 win side? There's six AA players in that side and I'd argue that Tarrant, Swallow, Wells, Cunnington, Brown, Thomas, Waite and Jacobs were all AA quality footballers at their best as well. How you can also lose two games in a season by 70+ points with that lineup is beyond me.

Thank you very much :fire:

As they fu**in should, that was a monumental loss. Not performing, massive debt, at the cap ceiling, topped up for a push.. you know what this reeks of, Our performances 14/15/16.. topped up with sh*t trucks and paid 900k for a brad hill plodder who failed to finish top 10 bnf? (Iirc)
Funny you say this. I had a few flashbacks myself when i learned they signed mason wood this year.

Backed by James Hird, does it come with a free syringe?
Probably invested in it like he was planning to with that one drug they were shooting up, or he's just using Robbo to keep his name in the headlines to condition people to his eventual return.

I just love the media narrative that Brad overachieved with a poor list.

Do these same media buffoons realise that he was our coach for 10 years and had more than ample time to actually build and shape a list?

If anything the fact that they claim he had a poor list is a massive endicment on his recruiting and development strategy, or was someone else responsible for that in his 10 year tenure? Lol

For those of you not old enough to remember games at Victoria Park against the Scum and the dawn of our 1990's era with McAdam, Longmire and Carey, then this game is for you.

That was sensational.

The game played at break-neck speed, amazing skills but above all, how bloody hard did those blokes go in. It also helps that one of the best players of the era was up forward....

.... ADRIAN McADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you not old enough to remember games at Victoria Park against the Scum and the dawn of our 1990's era with McAdam, Longmire and Carey, then this game is for you.

One of the noticeable things there was how players instinctively knew when and how to shepherd. Just don’t see it these days.

This proves Chris Scott is a fu******.

All the last couple of years have done is prove that Brad is incapable of developing players and building a list.

People are still cleaning up the giant turd he left on his way out.

We play them in a few weeks. Shame we aren't good enough to do something about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This proves Chris Scott is a fu******.

All the last couple of years have done is prove that Brad is incapable of developing players and building a list.

People are still cleaning up the giant turd he left on his way out.
He wasn’t allowed to do a full reset on the list. Which should have happened when Petrie, Dal Santo, Firrito & Harvey retired.

I just love the media narrative that Brad overachieved with a poor list.

Do these same media buffoons realise that he was our coach for 10 years and had more than ample time to actually build and shape a list?

If anything the fact that they claim he had a poor list is a massive endicment on his recruiting and development strategy, or was someone else responsible for that in his 10 year tenure? Lol

also when you actually look at that lineup, you've got 9 players who were drafted during the Laidley era (Firrito, Tarrant, Hansen, Thompson, Wright, Wells, Thomas, Goldstein, Swallow) 2 players who were still around from the Pagan era (Harvey and Petrie) and 3 high profile free agents (Higgins, Waite and Dal Santo) and one player who was traded for as an established footballer (Jacobs.) You've got 15 players who either fell into Brad's lap when he became coach or chose to come to the club already fully developed footballers. Can't really give him any credit for developing these guys.

Then when you look at the guys who were drafted after Brad became coach, it's honestly damning. There's Atley, a high draft pick who had been completely stagnant since probably his third season, Garner, a decently high pick who has never quite come on in the way he could have (largely out of his control), MacMillan, Gibson and Turner, rookie picks that played their role adequately, and you're left with Brown and Cunnington, the two players who it's fair to say lived up to their potential under Brad. That's a really ******* bad strikerate. Granted there are other significant guys who didn't play in this particular game like Jack Ziebell (drafted by Laidley, it must be noted) or Luke McDonald (only lived up to his potential once Brad was gone,) and the club was also unlucky that two extremely compromised drafts happened in the years they should've been building with young talent. Whatever reasons you want to point to, there's now a massive hole in the list because the system Brad built consistently failed to convert draft hands into players. We had first round picks spent on players like Brad McKenzie and Sam Durdin. Instead of taking risks on young guys with potential the club brought in seasoned talent like Farren Ray and Robin Nahas to take up spots on the list.

There's a reason there's a feeling of leaderlessness at North right now. Even the guy who's currently captain was drafted under Laidley. There's almost no senior players on the list because in the period where they should've been drafted, Brad's footy department went for older guys. The idea that Brad Scott doesn't bare the brunt of responsibility for the current state of the list is laughable.

He wasn’t allowed to do a full reset on the list. Which should have happened when Petrie, Dal Santo, Firrito & Harvey retired.
That’s absolute garbage.

He only talked about a rebuild when he realised that we were cooked in early 2019.

That same trade period he brought in Polec and Pittard, hardly choices you would make if you were commited to rebuilding.

also when you actually look at that lineup, you've got 9 players who were drafted during the Laidley era (Firrito, Tarrant, Hansen, Thompson, Wright, Wells, Thomas, Goldstein, Swallow) 2 players who were still around from the Pagan era (Harvey and Petrie) and 3 high profile free agents (Higgins, Waite and Dal Santo) and one player who was traded for as an established footballer (Jacobs.) You've got 15 players who either fell into Brad's lap when he became coach or chose to come to the club already fully developed footballers. Can't really give him any credit for developing these guys.

Then when you look at the guys who were drafted after Brad became coach, it's honestly damning. There's Atley, a high draft pick who had been completely stagnant since probably his third season, Garner, a decently high pick who has never quite come on in the way he could have (largely out of his control), MacMillan, Gibson and Turner, rookie picks that played their role adequately, and you're left with Brown and Cunnington, the two players who it's fair to say lived up to their potential under Brad. That's a really ******* bad strikerate. Granted there are other significant guys who didn't play in this particular game like Jack Ziebell (drafted by Laidley, it must be noted) or Luke McDonald (only lived up to his potential once Brad was gone,) and the club was also unlucky that two extremely compromised drafts happened in the years they should've been building with young talent. Whatever reasons you want to point to, there's now a massive hole in the list because the system Brad built consistently failed to convert draft hands into players. We had first round picks spent on players like Brad McKenzie and Sam Durdin. Instead of taking risks on young guys with potential the club brought in seasoned talent like Farren Ray and Robin Nahas to take up spots on the list.

There's a reason there's a feeling of leaderlessness at North right now. Even the guy who's currently captain was drafted under Laidley. There's almost no senior players on the list because in the period where they should've been drafted, Brad's footy department went for older guys. The idea that Brad Scott doesn't bare the brunt of responsibility for the current state of the list is laughable.
I remember having a conversation with Cunners about his fend off, early on in his career, Brad Scott (from the horses mouth) made Cunners not use the fend off. Said it was not in the teams interest he use it, made him put it away

Must of missed that during the game. Derm is right, if you were a clown, you’d be dropped with an rlbow pretty quickly
It was when Bruce marked over Ziebell to kick his tenth and a scuffle broke out.

Thanks for posting this, Elroo. I will have to watch it in full when I get more time.

I am old enough to remember this game (not sure if that’s a good thing or not 😳) and in fact, I was there that day. We were going nuts! What an awesome game it was! I remember watching the replay and they showed our little pocket of North supporters chanting, ‘NORTH MELBOURNE, NORTH MELBOURNE’ at one stage and Peter McKenna wished us a ‘safe trip home’! 😄 A guy we went with was grinning like a Cheshire Cat and saying, ‘GO NORTH’ at angry Collingwood supporters after the game. 😁 😁 Luckily, we made it out of there alive. 😆

Hopefully, North Melbourne will be back up the top again where they belong very soon. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Go North! 💙 🤍 💙 🤍

The only game I purchased from Name a Game. Still have the Vhs tape but no player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back