Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 4 vs. GWS, MCG Sat 10/04 @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
I am fully supportive of our kids building a block of form in the VFL before being selected.

Until then we need to pick senior players.

I do not agree with Jake’s take, I am as excited about anybody of this draft crop.
Is it strange that the VFL season starts so much later than the AFL season this year?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
*Sigh* This website never really changes doesn't it. I don't understand why you people continue to think that 0 gamers will have more of an impact than guys like Thomas, Mayne and the Browns'. Of course these players are mediocre, but there is virtually nothing to replace them with. We have horrifically bad depth, 18 players who have played under 10 games.

Did you not see how Henry and Ruscoe went in round 1? Actually you probably didn't see them because they got a combined 3 touches. The only player who could come in and be better is Greenwood but you all hate him too because he's not a shiny new rookie like McCreery, who you have probably never seen play before.

Yep that pretty much sums it up, the cupboard is bare, no depth, new rookies no games for a year and a half.

Who's fault is that? The clubs of course , f u Collingwood reap what you sew, administration and list management like that, deserve every bit of criticism you get and I encourage it, so you all get the message. A**holes!

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I'll continue to watch every single game this season but if we lose this game I'll legitimately give up all hope of us making any real meaningful impact on this AFL season.

You've held out this long? Kudos bruh!

That's some steely resolve right there.

The ONLY way our squad impacts this season is a biblical shift in game style and structure.

I'm hopeful for that while getting games in the new picks later in the year after some yards in the magoos.

Development year pluggy, development year. Let's hope for that, coz that's all we got.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I called it during the game thread that he was selfish
You could see it in his mannerisms that he didn’t want to come off...he was doing everything in his power to stay out there.

How we don’t replace a player like for like at selection anyway is mindblowing.

We wasted games last year with Varcoe
We are now doing it all over again with guys like Mayne and Madgen etc
Mayne was voted the grumpiest player by the rest on the Black and White show. He was pretty stubborn in not wanting to come off.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Rantall not getting much of a mention, where is he at?

Shame about Murphy's concussion as he was next cab off the rank.

Hopefully McCreery gets that spot in the 22 this week, Macrae is close too but not quite there yet I think. Blood him on Anzac Day perhaps?

In. Cameron
Out. Hoskin-Elliott C.Brown

B. Quaynor Roughead Maynard
HB. Howe Moore Noble
C. T.Brown Pendlebury Crisp
HF. Sidebottom Mihocek De Goey
F. Thomas Cox Daicos
R. Grundy Adams Sier
I. Mayne Madgen Cameron McCreery
E. C.Brown (sub) Keane Wilson Greenwood

'If come from inside you.. always right one'.

Why doesn't Buckley understand this.

That's a teacher/coach.

I rest my case.

View attachment 1095640
If all the cars at the Holden Centre aren't sparkling due to our boys spending days waxing on and waxing off, I'll spew up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
If all the cars at the Holden Centre aren't sparkling due to our boys spending days waxing on and waxing off, I'll spew up.

It's got nothing to do with wax on wax off.. they're good kids mate.. they make it because have strong root.. just like you. Inside you have strong root. No need nothing except what inside you grow.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
BringouttheGimp time to show your public figure..... explains all the winter Greece trips.

You're a *en great re.

Remember lesson about us Greeks practicing everything in moderation.. lesson not just football.. lesson for whooooole life. Whole life have balance.. everything be better.

Am I a *en great or what re.

I was going to post the same story,I think Niall absolutely nailed it with that story,It is absolutely time to play some kids.But will Buckley do it?On past experiences,you would have to say no He’s just too cautious to be bold like that.
Brain dead article for mine

Quotes 6 players from other clubs who have had some early success, 5 who were top 10 picks

Every year some kids, usually the top ones make early inroads, that doesn’t make other 1s t year players ready. Ours don’t seem to be, no surprise.

Looking at the VFL report from Saturday McCreery struggled to have an impact as did Kelly. Henry had a frustrating day. If they don’t stand out in the 1st VFL game they play, practice match, why would they be AFL ready

McCrae seems most ready but let the coaches assess when, it’s round 4 they have loads of time yet

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brain dead article for mine

Quotes 6 players from other clubs who have had some early success, 5 who were top 10 picks

Every year some kids, usually the top ones make early inroads, that doesn’t make other 1s t year players ready. Ours don’t seem to be, no surprise.

Looking at the VFL report from Saturday McCreery struggled to have an impact as did Kelly. Henry had a frustrating day. If they don’t stand out in the 1st VFL game they play, practice match, why would they be AFL ready

McCrae seems most ready but let the coaches assess when, it’s round 4 they have loads of time yet
I really think you need to be at the game to get a better appreciation on what players are doing rather than basing it off a ‘report’. Was the report from our VFL coach? If not, I wouldn’t be basing anything on it.
‘Henry had a frustrating day’. What does that mean? That he was leading into great spots but those upfield kept missing him?

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
But he is playing the deer in the headlights , hello Callum, goodbye Nathan
Murphy has concussion and out for two weeks. The other issue I have with Murphy is that he has got games in the past and shown nothing...so my question to you all is, how do you know he’s going to impact? I’m not saying he isn’t, I actually rate him...but is he ready given his injury interrupted development and lack of game time last year.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nial spot on. Some of us have been arguing the same on here for months now

- we are no longer in our premiership window

- before rd 1 there were 23 players with 23 games or less on the list

- therefore the need to transition away from having so many players that are 28 years old and over.

- That means dropping Thomas and WHE and not playing the Maynes and Greenwood’s unless injury stricken

- first year kids aside... there are several players in Sier, Murphy, Kelly, Keane, Lynch, Tohill, Wilson, Rantall, Ruscoe, Bianco who have been on the list longer and need to be given blocks of games this year

Of that group Sier (finally) and Ruscoe have been given games this year. Some of the above players like Kelly and Bianco have been injured. Others I’ve marked in bold have been largely ignored.

As for the claim they’ve had no VFL footy last year. True... but they’ve been training, playing intra clubs and several scratch matches in the hubs last year.

Need to turn some of these players over if the club isn’t prepared to play them this year

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nial spot on. Some of us have been arguing the same on here for months now

- we are no longer in our premiership window

- before rd 1 there were 23 players with 23 games or less on the list

- therefore the need to transition away from having so many players that are 28 years old and over.

- That means dropping Thomas and WHE and not playing the Maynes and Greenwood’s unless injury stricken

- first year kids aside... there are several players in Sier, Murphy, Kelly, Keane, Lynch, Tohill, Wilson, Rantall, Ruscoe, Bianco who have been on the list longer and need to be given blocks of games this year

Of that group Sier (finally) and Ruscoe have been given games this year. Some of the above players like Kelly and Bianco have been injured. Others I’ve marked in bold have been largely ignored.

As for the claim they’ve had no VFL footy last year. True... but they’ve been training, playing intra clubs and several scratch matches in the hubs last year.

Need to turn some of these players over if the club isn’t prepared to play them this year

He said what pretty much every Collingwood fan and football fan has been thinking, except our match committee.

Then again they are the same people who thought it was a good idea to bring back Beams and also completely utensil up our salary cap.

Thomas should never be picked again after that pathetic effort in the last minute of the Lions game. Cost us the win and should cost him his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back