Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked on the West Australian Facebook page. Used to think the perceived bias against the dockers was in a lot of freo fans heads. But fu** me - it’s definitely real. They LOVE putting the boot into freo. w***ers
How did it read?

GWS are a looming headache for the AFL in the next few years. No question about it.
Gold Coast similar.
You can’t play 20-30% over the odds to keep a core of elite players in a comp that’s salary capped and expect to be consistently competitive.
There’s no way that Josh Kelly or Conoglio are worth $1m a season or anywhere near it. No Melbourne club (apart from North maybe but that’s a seperate AFL concern) would pay those guys that kind of money.
The issue is you then need to fill your team with spuds like Sam Reid who’s probably on $90k a year and wouldn’t get a gig at any other club.
If the reports of Ben King and Lukocius being paid $600k in their third years are also true at Gold Coast they will be in the same predicament in a few years. The likes of Richmond or Geelong might be able to persuade stars to be paid unders to stay together but those new franchises with no tradition or history in non AFL states can’t really do that successfully.
The problem for the AFL is if/when GWS become a bottom 4 club. The exodus of quality players will be swift and brutal from there. Never ending circle.
We’ll take Hill and Taylor off their hands to start the exodus.

He f’ed us? OK mate, if it makes you feel better to pin all of Freos woes on Hogan go for it.

Ahh ok so you’re one of those who are pinning all our forward issues to be resolved on a rookie (Treacy) ex-rookie (tabs) Sturt (late bloomer to footy who’s body isn’t able to stand up to AFL yet) Darcy (ruckman, s**t forward) Lobb (poor ruck who only wants to play forward) Fyfe (midfielder, terrible goal kicker) and Walters (genuine selfish forward)?

Yeah I’ll blame hogan for being the selfish prick who didn’t deliver and who we gave so much for. I’ll also blame our s**t mgmt to let this happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh ok so you’re one of those who are pinning all our forward issues to be resolved on a rookie (Treacy) ex-rookie (tabs) Sturt (late bloomer to footy who’s body isn’t able to stand up to AFL yet) Darcy (ruckman, sh*t forward) Lobb (poor ruck who only wants to play forward) Fyfe (midfielder, terrible goal kicker) and Walters (genuine selfish forward)?

Yeah I’ll blame hogan for being the selfish prick who didn’t deliver and who we gave so much for. I’ll also blame our sh*t mgmt to let this happen

Agree with ya mate. He screwed us big time.

I'm not expecting Treacy to be a superstar...but as long as he kicks his 2 and provides a contest. As long as sturt leads hard and we all know he's a dead eye, he might be good for 1-2 a game from limited possessions.

Tabs is Tabs. His ceiling is 2020..which was serviceable. He's been terrible so far this year. Most his goals have been junk time.

Lobb is the one we need to pull his finger out. If everything comes together, he should be kicking bags. Good reach on him, good mark and a long kick. Just needs confidence.

Imagine this line-up in our fwd line in 2021
Sturt Tabs Freddy
Walters Lobb Treacy

Shultz on the bench.

That's enough height, enough fwd pressure and speed.

I really hope Hogan messes up his nest again.
Sorry but not sorry.
The selfish pratt took us to the cleaners big-time .. We should have been smarter & left him in Victoria but you don't know what was said in the interviews.

But yeah all good hogesy, just show up to everything pissed or pinging off your head.
So * him.

Sorry but not sorry.
The selfish pratt took us to the cleaners big-time .. We should have been smarter & left him in Victoria but you don't know what was said in the interviews.

But yeah all good hogesy, just show up to everything pissed or pinging off your head.
So fu** him.
Heard he’s already been on the nose candy, and living in the granny flat at Mumme’s place makes it quite believable.

Sorry but not sorry.

So fu** him.

We gave up so much for him and he used us knowing he was never going to change. Melbourne knew.

This is the part that I would never understand. Fyfe and Hogan had the same manager, fair to say he knew all of Hogan’s problems more than anyone and was still willing to let him go to the club of his biggest/best client (Fyfe) and ruin his chances of a Premiership.

We gave up so much for him and he used us knowing he was never going to change. Melbourne knew.

This is the part that I would never understand. Fyfe and Hogan had the same manager, fair to say he knew all of Hogan’s problems more than anyone and was still willing to let him go to the club of his biggest/best client (Fyfe) and ruin his chances of a Premiership.

Cute to think managers actually care about their clients

Because manager comes first and he would have made a bit of coin from the contract.

Hartigan strikes Hawkins late to the head and then tries ta elbow said head on landing.

BT and JB are all har har sfellow sfellow “the old ear massage” “make him earn it” “Spud would be looking down on all this with a smile on his face”. Seriously. It was a strike. Careless at best, high and low? impact. Dunno what that equates to but he should be in trouble. The Fox team was all hee hee “oh those rascally unsociable Hawks.. “

The media play a massive part in who gets suspended and who doesn’t in this industry and it’s a ******* disgrace. No-name player at at non-Vic club and they’d be all over it with their faux concern about concussion and how we need to stamp that out. Gawd it shits me. This competition is SO compromised already.

/rant

Hartigan strikes Hawkins late to the head and then tries ta elbow said head on landing.

BT and JB are all har har sfellow sfellow “the old ear massage” “make him earn it” “Spud would be looking down on all this with a smile on his face”. Seriously. It was a strike. Careless at best, high and low? impact. Dunno what that equates to but he should be in trouble. The Fox team was all hee hee “oh those rascally unsociable Hawks.. “

The media play a massive part in who gets suspended and who doesn’t in this industry and it’s a ******* disgrace. No-name player at at non-Vic club and they’d be all over it with their faux concern about concussion and how we need to stamp that out. Gawd it shits me. This competition is SO compromised already.

/rant

And how tone deaf can you get?

Yes, lets have a good old laugh about how your mate Spud - who killed himself while suffering from CTE - would love seeing people get hit in the head.

Agree with ya mate. He screwed us big time.

I'm not expecting Treacy to be a superstar...but as long as he kicks his 2 and provides a contest. As long as sturt leads hard and we all know he's a dead eye, he might be good for 1-2 a game from limited possessions.

Tabs is Tabs. His ceiling is 2020..which was serviceable. He's been terrible so far this year. Most his goals have been junk time.

Lobb is the one we need to pull his finger out. If everything comes together, he should be kicking bags. Good reach on him, good mark and a long kick. Just needs confidence.

Imagine this line-up in our fwd line in 2021
Sturt Tabs Freddy
Walters Lobb Treacy

Shultz on the bench.

That's enough height, enough fwd pressure and speed.

Switta > Schultz. Way quicker and capable of turning non chances into scoring opportunities ... Schultz is fundamentally better but Switta adds something else.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, his main weapon was his running and he can’t do that any more at volume, he will be okay but not a star

Had to laugh tonight, coming in to sport Barra say's "it's Freoo night tonight".

Then we get a story about Shuey's hammy, a very brief chat with Longmuir, a feature on how Nic Nat is in AA contention again. Then an interview with Dana Hooker.

I'm definitely not tuning in on Eagles night!

Surely it would have been malpractice if Hogan's manager didn't do everything in his power to get Hogan to the club of his choice on the best deal possible

Had to laugh tonight, coming in to sport Barra say's "it's Freoo night tonight".

Then we get a story about Shuey's hammy, a very brief chat with Longmuir, a feature on how Nic Nat is in AA contention again. Then an interview with Dana Hooker.

I'm definitely not tuning in on Eagles night!
Why are you still watching Seven News at all?

Anyone know if Jesse Hogan still has the same housemate as in Perth?

I've heard from a very reliable source that was 98% of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back