Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Total rebuild. Either use the tried and trusted formula that most clubs use.

Total rebuild using a similar formula but try and make it unique. Incorporate the tapping sticks and didgeridoo from the start of the current song and get a normal football song melody involved.

Total rebuild. Either use the tried and trusted formula that most clubs use.

Total rebuild using a similar formula but try and make it unique. Incorporate the tapping sticks and didgeridoo from the start of the current song and get a normal football song melody involved.
The sticks and didgeridoo are the best part of our current song. We have had great indigenous players past and present, if it becomes part of our new banger of a club song id be stoked.

I know I’m in the minority, but I *in hate Eagle Rock.

Do we really want a song by these guys looking more munted than Ben Cousins on a 3 day bender??

F998A974-B60C-451F-9030-64E033949DF1.jpeg

Other than the word eagle, the song has nothing to do with the footy club or winning. It is kinda like if we had Hotel California as a song because it’s sung by the Eagles.

Do we really want a song by these guys looking more munted than Ben Cousins on a 3 day bender??
The vast majority of us do, yes. Because it’s a timeless classic that everyone knows and everyone can sing along to after a win.

skip to 2.37. You can’t do that with our new song, you will never hear it resonate throughout the stadium like that. Ever.

Just put together a few lines and just wondering what people think. For the record, I don't think it's amazing, feedback would be great.

We are the West
We are the West
We are the West Coast Eagles

Just as the colours blue and gold
Shine in the Western sky
It's magic on the footy field
The eagles flying high

For years they've held us in contempt
For claiming what they owned
Let's take the flag out west again
Let's bring the medal home

So watch out all you know it all's
We're not just any beast
It's time to hunt, it's time to soar
It's time for us to feast

We're the Eagles, the West Coast Eagles
Here we come to show you why
We're the big birds, we own the big game
We're the Eagles, it's time to fly

Last edited:
I know I’m in the minority, but I fu**in hate Eagle Rock.

View attachment 1095761

Other than the word eagle, the song has nothing to do with the footy club or winning. It is kinda like if we had Hotel California as a song because it’s sung by the Eagles.

I agree with you, it’s like having the wiggles as lead act on GF day.
Our song we had for the 2018 flag was fine, people Would sing it after games and enjoy it. Then when it’s finished as with every other club you hope they put it on again but they play Eagle Rock and everyone heads straight to the gate.
It really is the get out of the arena song.

The vast majority of us do, yes. Because it’s a timeless classic that everyone knows and everyone can sing along to after a win.

skip to 2.37. You can’t do that with our new song, you will never hear it resonate throughout the stadium like that. Ever.

After a preliminary final win you could play a song from the sound of music and they Would all stand there singing it. The crowd stayed in because they are thanking the players for the season and wishing them well for the GF.

Just put together a few lines and just wondering what people think. For the record, I don't think it's amazing, feedback would be great.

We are the West
We are the West
We are the West Coast Eagles

For years they've held us in contempt
For claiming what they owned
Let's take the flag out west again
Let's bring the medal home

So watch out all you know it all's
We're not just any beast
It's time to hunt, it's time to soar
It's time for us to feast

Just as the colours blue and gold
Shine in the Western sky
It's magic on the footy field
The eagles flying high

We're the Eagles, the West Coast Eagles
Here we come to show you why
We're the big birds, we own the big game
We're the Eagles, it's time to fly

Not bad.

Original song version music

We‘re the Eagles
West coast Eagles
And we’re here to show you why
We’re the big birds,
Kings of the big game
We’re the Eagles, we’re flying high

So watch out, all you doubters
As we really turn up the heat
You’ll get more than just a footy game
You’ll get a west coast Eagles feast

Repeat chorus

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I’m in the minority, but I fu**in hate Eagle Rock.

View attachment 1095761

Hate Eagle rock. Hated it back in the day when every pub band played it. Absolute trash, same as our club song and embarrassing chant.

they added the intro verse because the players felt the 2018 version was over too soon

Not bad.

Original song version music

We‘re the Eagles
West coast Eagles
And we’re here to show you why
We’re the big birds,
Kings of the big game
We’re the Eagles, we’re flying high

So watch out, all you doubters
As we really turn up the heat
You’ll get more than just a footy game
You’ll get a west coast Eagles feast

Repeat chorus
Someone previously posted the wise men from the East version, and this as well - I tried to use similar words/phrasing, but just with less state team vibe.

Just needs to be like most clubs....

- Tiniest instrumental intro (few seconds)

- Chorus just like the original version belows first chorus (34 sec mark)

- Instrumental of the chorus

- Chorus like last chorus below and ending below (1:55min mark)

No more overthinking and adding s**t

Last edited:
Back