Not open for further replies.

Kosmo19

Draftee
Apr 6, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey all,

Im looking to start a redback player sponsorship back up,

Same as always with raffling off the benefits so if your interested in jumping on board let me know c please

Many heading tomorrow night?

about 7 guys from work just bought tickets. Going to do a crawl through surry hills on the way up.

ticketek is a *in disaster. Apparently they are having issues with VISA cards and rejecting payment. We had to scrounge around for someone with a Mastercard and it worked.

so stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
A part of me is worried that with all the positive press his week some of our younger players may go out this week expecting a victory. We are doing well at the moment but Essendon are a good team too based on their game against St Kilda last week.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
A part of me is worried that with all the positive press his week some of our younger players may go out this week expecting a victory. We are doing well at the moment but Essendon are a good team too based on their game against St Kilda last week.

It’s funny, just a week ago Essendon were being talked about as competition for North Melbourne for the spoon. Not that I bought into that, norf are their own special level of awful, but the turnaround is huge given how nervous they have some of us after beating a pretty average Saints team.

We should win and that’s the scary part. This is definitely a new challenge and will test our maturity. The Richmond game was so commanding and it’s got me believing in the group and believing that they won’t be lulled into any false sense of security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It’s funny, just a week ago Essendon were being talked about as competition for North Melbourne for the spoon. Not that I bought into that, norf are their own special level of awful, but the turnaround is huge given how nervous they have some of us after beating a pretty average Saints team.

We should win and that’s the scary part. This is definitely a new challenge and will test our maturity. The Richmond game was so commanding and it’s got me believing in the group and believing that they won’t be lulled into any false sense of security.

A very good point. I hate saying this as it sounds arrogant but based on 2021 performances we "should" beat Essendon and that is actually the problem as there is a different kind of pressure that comes with playing against a team you should beat compared to coming up against a team that most people think you will lose against like we did last week.

wouldn't worry too much

we haven't won IN front of a crowd at the SCG in 10 years.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
wouldn't worry too much

we haven't won IN front of a crowd at the SCG in 10 years.
And there's a part of me that says that only means the time when you actually DO is getting closer!! But here's hoping we can stay the course and get a win across the line. All I ask is it not be another heart attack inducing <5 points - I can't take much more of those!

And there's a part of me that says that only means the time when you actually DO is getting closer!! But here's hoping we can stay the course and get a win across the line. All I ask is it not be another heart attack inducing <5 points - I can't take much more of those!

I remember we are at the SCG game when Rohan Kicked the goal after the siren to win a few years back.

Essendon were up by 19 Points with 3 minutes left. game was done. Swans fans leaving in droves around us absolutely fuming. Was the best.

In typical Essington Fashion we lose, WAS ****ed

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
about 7 guys from work just bought tickets. Going to do a crawl through surry hills on the way up.

ticketek is a fu**in disaster. Apparently they are having issues with VISA cards and rejecting payment. We had to scrounge around for someone with a Mastercard and it worked.

so stupid.
Oh great. Just when we want a good crowd Ticketek come to party with an almighty fail.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
A very good point. I hate saying this as it sounds arrogant but based on 2021 performances we "should" beat Essendon and that is actually the problem as there is a different kind of pressure that comes with playing against a team you should beat compared to coming up against a team that most people think you will lose against like we did last week.

Got to say it’s a better topic of discussion than what I thought we’d be talking about.

Based on the feeling around here we could easily be talking about hopefully getting our first win of the season and looking ahead at maybe being 3-3 after 6 rounds if Buddy can get back on the park.

The start of this season still doesn’t feel completely real to me in a lot of ways. It’s such a spectacular turnaround that I’m still surprised by how we’re playing each week.

Oddly enough I think with Sydney's current game style we are better on the larger grounds, so the SCG could be a disadvantage to us.

i dont even care if we lose.

just happy to go to a game.

FOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back