Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draftee Finlay Macrae continues to press his claims for an early season debut and was one of the Pies' best in a VFL practice match with Richmond on Saturday.

The forward line should be bolstered in his absence there by rookie Josh Treacy and talented medium forward Sam Sturt, who booted five goals in his WAFL return and boasts aerial strength

Hawks, but debutant Max Holmes looked up to the level.

And could this be the week Shaun Burgoyne is rested with a trip to face Fremantle off a six-day break? Carryover emergency Ollie Hanrahan will again be in the frame, while James Cousins was strong in a VFL practice match in which second-year tall Emerson Jeka kicked six goals. Connor Downie also remains in the conversation.

Atu Bosenavulagi continues to impress as a defender in the VFL.

Unused substitute Miles Bergman should return after playing the opening two rounds

Hugo Ralphsmith is gunning for a debut and will be a chance as a half-back/wingman.

O'Neill had 31 possessions in the WAFL and will likely compete with Zane Trew (24 and 10 tackles) for a call-up in the midfield

Surely Macrae gets a go soon.

Need a couple of good rookies for downgrades soon. Maybe one more week so ready round 7.

Patrick Naish had 39 on a wing on the weekend so will probably get a shot on the wing instead of Ralphsmith

Anyone picking Giro from Freo this week?

Could trade out Rowe for him and swing someone like Scott, McNeil or Brockman to the forward bench instead.
$170,000, not cheap but playing midfield and scored 87 on the weekend off 20 possessions and a goal.

Worth a punt?

Fyfe to come back :think:

Could trade out Rowe for him and swing someone like Scott, McNeil or Brockman to the forward bench instead.
$170,000, not cheap but playing midfield and scored 87 on the weekend off 20 possessions and a goal.

Worth a punt?

think you need a 🍺 kenty

Worth a punt?
no for me.
to early to downgrade anyone.

Worth a punt?
Too late. Plenty of MID rookies will arrive. Robertson looked good. Macrae imminent. No rush grabbing rookies that have already risen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I'll play Rowe this week against the Kangas. Should score more than Jordon v Cats or Powell v Croms.

Looping Campbell, who would you drop out of the two abovementioned for him if he scores well?

Jordan was seriously ripped off last weekend and played much better than his score. I would easily play him ahead of Rowe

I'm not switching my rookies anymore. Their scoring is just too fickle to be worth the risk.
Also, bloody pissed with all these rookies coming in so early. No cows ready to slaughter yet.

Good strategy.

As an example, I think a lot of people react to Campbell's 29 and bench him. I can see him bouncing back with a 70 type score against Essendon.

Good strategy.

As an example, I think a lot of people react to Campbell's 29 and bench him. I can see him bouncing back with a 70 type score against Essendon.
I will probably look to loop him using sharp. But you are right

Baby John Burgess playing ruck might be a better option. 210K.
He's $60k more than Chapman though, that's a solid price rise, which hurts.

In the Suns ruck crisis article on AFL.com they mentioned Graham (almost $300k in SC) getting a crack in the ruck with Burgess, so Burgo might be 50/50.

He's $60k more than Chapman though, that's a solid price rise, which hurts.

In the Suns ruck crisis article on AFL.com they mentioned Graham (almost $300k in SC) getting a crack in the ruck with Burgess, so Burgo might be 50/50.
Yeah I'm not sold on Baby John. If plays ruck he should score ok but he's a risk at that price. Expect the sun's to share it around. Wouldn't surprise if Greenwood got the gig, he's as tall as burgess and a much better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back