Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I went on yesterday to get my AFL reserve seats
Wanted to just sit up the top and telling me it’s exhausted
It’s either not opened or they’re going to have 100,000 people at this game
Might just book a level 1 ticket a stroll up there anyway
AFL members only going to sell level 1 and level 2 seats so they don't have to open food and bars upstairs (lvl 4) for 2 people. That's why the ponsford stand was empty on lvl 4 on monday.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
AFL members only going to sell level 1 and level 2 seats so they don't have to open food and bars upstairs (lvl 4) for 2 people. That's why the ponsford stand was empty on lvl 4 on monday.

Kind of goes against the whole separating people for covid now doesnt it. makes a complete farce of it.

May as well tell the announcer over the PA to stop telling people to stay a cricket bat width apart
Absolute nonsense not letting people separate

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Q. I was able to access a Junior seat.

Exactly how risky would it be to get stopped going into the ground on a junior ticket???
Good question- we’ve been able to upgrade our junior m’ship tickets to adult ones on the day in past years - wondering about this year because doubt that’s an option now. So yep, do we chance it? It might come up on the scan that its a junior.

May as well tell the announcer over the PA to stop telling people to stay a cricket bat width apart
Absolute nonsense not letting people separate
I assumed there'd at least be one empty seat between "groups" of ppl that attend together

Nup biggest guy plonks himself next to me.

Me and dee just went sat in seats in 3-4 completely empty rows and were much more comfortable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question- we’ve been able to upgrade our junior m’ship tickets to adult ones on the day in past years - wondering about this year because doubt that’s an option now. So yep, do we chance it? It might come up on the scan that its a junior.
Im going in early and use it. If i get thru will txt my mate my actual ticket

Couldnt get a ticket. Apparently interstate members can’t go to away games. Why is there not an interstate option to go to either away or home games? We can only get down to Victoria a couple of times a season ffs. Limiting us to just home games is ridiculous.
Yep my friend got a $60 3 game membership. Too bad shes 6 months pregnant and looks like shell just get to v hawks last week due to scheduling

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I assumed there'd at least be one empty seat between "groups" of ppl that attend together

Nup biggest guy plonks himself next to me.

Me and dee just went sat in seats in 3-4 completely empty rows and were much more comfortable
I did the same, watched the first 1/4 on level 2A surrounded by people with no spare seats and went up the top for the next 3 quarters and had rows upon rows to ourselves

Similar to what they did at KP for the Lions match where they blocked off about 3 or 4 rows of no seating in the lower levels

The stadiums know what their capacity is, and with the capacity limits how many seats they can't sell - so rightly or wrongly, it's easier for them to block out large sections of seating to bring down their capacity because the they know a section seats say 10k, and with it not being open they then don't need to worry about the food venues, staffing the area, cleaning it.

That then means less actual social distancing in the other areas that are open, but at the end of the day they are only selling to their capacity even if they means in which they are doing so isn't exactly what was expected with the limitations placed upon venues

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Kind of goes against the whole separating people for covid now doesnt it. makes a complete farce of it.
At 75% capacity, they can sell 75% of seats in any given bay. If 20,000 people show up, it doesn't make sense to have all bars open when you could close half and still maintain the required social distancing. Won't be long and we'll be back to 100% capacity and sections will still be closed off due to low attendance.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Just called AFL membership and they said until level 1 is sold out level 4 won’t be open
They don’t agree with what the MCG have in place and understand our frustration with not being able to spread out
MCG don't want to pay for food/bar/cleaning staff for 3 people on lvl 4. I think there'll be plenty of space to distance on Sunday, the crowd won't go above 30k with the majority in the MCC.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
MCG don't want to pay for food/bar/cleaning staff for 3 people on lvl 4. I think there'll be plenty of space to distance on Sunday, the crowd won't go above 30k with the majority in the MCC.
Yet they can put us all at risk, they can also open up a few sections up top, it’s not like AFL is already sectioned off
Been to many games over the past 10 years and bar and food aren’t even open up the top apart from the toilets

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Yet they can put us all at risk, they can also open up a few sections up top, it’s not like AFL is already sectioned off
Been to many games over the past 10 years and bar and food aren’t even open up the top apart from the toilets
Let's be real. If you were at any risk, they'd have no one at the game, no one on public transport, no one in the city. No one is wearing masks anymore, no one is socially distancing in night clubs or bars. The MCG/AFL would have 100% capacity if the government would let them. They don't care about the virus because it's not in the community nor a risk to their operations in Victoria currently. Sections being closed is like always, a matter of money, like most things are in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back