What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRONG!!
Go back to see the video Mitch. Libba was scragged down by 4 Norf players.
Immediately before he goes down, Libber and Simpkin have each other by the jumper and Thomas is behind Libber pulling the back of Libber's jumper. Libber goes down to sling Simpkin but Simpkin keeps his feet. The vision is obscured after that by a North player, you can see Thomas dragging Libber along the ground, away from Simpkin, and Simpkin appearing to be dragged down on top of Libber, both still holding each others jumpers. The vision moves then the next thing you see is a number of North players on top of Libber. Watch it with one finger on the pause button. But anyway, it should never have gone that far. But for Smith's attack on Ziebell, it wouldn't have.

You do remember that he stomped on a prone players head, right? I respect his football playing ability, not so sure about his values. Derm can state his opinion but to not reference his own worse indiscretion is laughable.
Yeah Derm must have been disappointed that Smith stepped over his opponent instead of on him.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but did you not anything last week about Spuds game and the reason behind it.

Definately not being sarcastic. I saw the lifeline phone number at the end of the article and thought maybe he was struggling and was drink driving or something else resulted in the crash. Very sad.

Immediately before he goes down, Libber and Simpkin have each other by the jumper and Thomas is behind Libber pulling the back of Libber's jumper. Libber goes down to sling Simpkin but Simpkin keeps his feet. The vision is obscured after that by a North player, you can see Thomas dragging Libber along the ground, away from Simpkin, and Simpkin appearing to be dragged down on top of Libber, both still holding each others jumpers. The vision moves then the next thing you see is a number of North players on top of Libber. Watch it with one finger on the pause button. But anyway, it should never have gone that far. But for Smith's attack on Ziebell, it wouldn't have.
Alright Sherlock Holmes settle down, it was a very very mild wrestle between a handful of players honestly who gives a *

A**hole going down a rabbit hole

You do remember that he stomped on a prone players head, right? I respect his football playing ability, not so sure about his values. Derm can state his opinion but to not reference his own worse indiscretion is laughable.
He wasn’t perfect, but he was nothing like Leigh Mathews as I’ve mentioned. He’s no dinosaur either like others on here suggest. But he definitely isn’t ‘new-age’ like many believe he now must be, which doesn’t mean he is anything like Wayne Carey or Barry Hall for instance. There are many points of view, not just black or white. He played the game in a proper manly way and commentates in the same manner. I always enjoy his ideas. It’s a refreshing angle, especially on Bob and Andy’s show.

It’s footy get on with it!! When did it become all rainbows and butterflies. We are clutching at straws here, what because smith’s had some mental health problems he now has to be a good boy and can’t show any bad behaviour..?
I love Baz for getting up the other team along with Libba. When has banter not been a thing in footy like honestly. It’s not like they go all Toby Greene and shove someone’s face in the dirt.

It’s footy get on with it!! When did it become all rainbows and butterflies. We are clutching at straws here, what because smith’s had some mental health problems he now has to be a good boy and can’t show any bad behaviour..?
I love Baz for getting up the other team along with Libba. When has banter not been a thing in footy like honestly. It’s not like they go all Toby Greene and shove someone’s face in the dirt.
Hard agree. He's not showboating and he's not playing dirty, he's just rattling his opponents. What's not to like? Until the day he punches someone in the back of the head or does a dirty high bump, i don't think there's anything to criticise

All Derm has done is made the next player who may want to speak up about something relating to their mental health issues think twice on if it might be used against him by trashbags in the media
Yeah don't you dare speak about mental health issues AND show aggression on the field. We'll allow one or the other, but definitely not both.

He wasn’t perfect, but he was nothing like Leigh Mathews as I’ve mentioned. He’s no dinosaur either like others on here suggest. But he definitely isn’t ‘new-age’ like many believe he now must be, which doesn’t mean he is anything like Wayne Carey or Barry Hall for instance. There are many points of view, not just black or white. He played the game in a proper manly way and commentates in the same manner. I always enjoy his ideas. It’s a refreshing angle, especially on Bob and Andy’s show.

Many others feel Dermot waffles endlessly and is unable to keep his more abstract opinions to himself.

Each to their own I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you describe this "proper manly" way to play the game you speak of?

Conveniently ignoring how Ziebull dumped Bruce on his head a few minutes earlier in a really dangerous tackle. And I'm sure if Smith was a known antagonist like Toby Greene then it'd be hunky dory

You’ve got to understand the psyche of a player who plays on the edge, brutally and he’s a brilliant player. “He will do everything he can to make the opposition at unease. And that’s part of it. He didn’t rake his eyes, didn’t pull his mouth, he didn’t strike him, he didn’t ram his head into the deck.”

That's what he said after Greene got reported for raking of the eyes a second time.

Can you describe this "proper manly" way to play the game you speak of?
Eyes on the ball nearly all the time. He was undersized but had a huge heart. He was a warrior from another era really. Didn’t whinge, didn’t flop or play for free kicks. Didn’t king hit players like Mathews did often. And he was a warrior and played 4 seasons with Mathews and would’ve looked up to him, but didn’t go down his route. He played with many injuries. Five premierships and five night premierships as the alpha male CHF was and should be regarded as a massive achievement. Legendary! Bob Murphy wouldn’t have him on his show if he didn’t respect him. How could you not.

Eyes on the ball nearly all the time. He was undersized but had a huge heart. He was a warrior from another era really. Didn’t whinge, didn’t flop or play for free kicks. Didn’t king hit players like Mathews did often. And he was a warrior and played 4 seasons with Mathews and would’ve looked up to him, but didn’t go down his route. He played with many injuries. Five premierships and five night premierships as the alpha male CHF was and should be regarded as a massive achievement. Legendary! Bob Murphy wouldn’t have him on his show if he didn’t respect him. How could you not.
Was my favourite player growing up.

I come in peace.

I would bet at a minimum at least one player, in EVERY single game, of EVERY single round, gets into the face of another player after a mistake.

To single out Bailey Smith & then somehow relate it to mental health is just such a poor take. An absolute Non story if i’ve ever seen one.

Its a shame because rolling out BS like this can irreversibly damage a players image in the minds of many sheep fans who can’t really think for themselves. It plants a seed that Smith is some bully, and they will forever see him through that lens.

Bonti's 150th has been changed to a 4:35pm start time, most likely to accommodate for the AFLW GF.

View attachment 1096198
Happy days. Hate the early Saturday timeslot, as I am never able to watch those games, at least from the start. Will miss most of this week against Brisbane (even more because of the earlier game by 10 mins), but now should be able to watch the whole Suns game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back