News North set to go with Puma for 2022

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
They do seem a little underwhelming. I personally thought your Adidas Guernsey from 2011-12 was your best one this century, the weird collar was disguised by the great Adidas Logo placing.

I liked all our Adidas guernseys except for the 09-10 one funnily enough.

Some of ISC’s were ok and the less said about Star the better.

I liked all our Adidas guernseys except for the 09-10 one funnily enough.

Some of ISC’s were ok and the less said about Star the better.
The '03 one was superb

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unrelated to the thread, but North are set to play the opening five weeks of the season in the same kit (home jumper, home shorts). Rounds 1, 3 and 4 were/are home games, while Round 2 was away to the Suns and Round 5 will be at the Cattery. Round 6 against Fremantle in Perth will see them wear the traditional white jumper for the first time in 2021.

the_cleaner

Senior List
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
0930F614-5DDD-4363-A510-800A38C675A6.jpeg

minor details i hate about the north melbourne jumper
1. the pinstripes are horrible
2. cutoff middle strip
3. shineboner on the side on the front of the jumper
4. the est.1869 does it even need to be there?
5. the mazda is big and cuts off way too much off the stripe, why can’t it be like how the mazda logo was from 1999-2008
6. the fact it’s white stripes on a blue jumper when it should be the other way around

all these minor details really bug me. because we had the best looking jumper till the started adding all these little details and made our jumper the worst looking jumper in the AFL

posted this in the another thread but hopefully if north goes with puma we can get things back to normal

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Unrelated to the thread, but North are set to play the opening five weeks of the season in the same kit (home jumper, home shorts). Rounds 1, 3 and 4 were/are home games, while Round 2 was away to the Suns and Round 5 will be at the Cattery. Round 6 against Fremantle in Perth will see them wear the traditional white jumper for the first time in 2021.

Nek minnit, we see a repeat of the 2019 QF and North get put in white shorts against Geelong.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
It's a very simple task for Puma, don't * it up.

• (Home) A white V-neck guernsey with a Thick Royal Blue Stripes/collar/cuffs (no sponsorship cut-offs) Royal Blue shorts and Royal Blue socks.
  • (Away) The same guernsey, but with White shorts and Blue & White hooped socks
  • (Clash) The Bounding Roo Guernsey from 2019 (perfected by the Puma design).

It's a very simple task for Puma, don't fu** it up.

• (Home) A white V-neck guernsey with a Thick Royal Blue Stripes/collar/cuffs (no sponsorship cut-offs) Royal Blue shorts and Royal Blue socks.

I highly doubt Puma has much say in what the final product will be design wise. 🤷‍♂️

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
View attachment 1095995
minor details i hate about the north melbourne jumper
1. the pinstripes are horrible
2. cutoff middle strip
3. shineboner on the side on the front of the jumper
4. the est.1869 does it even need to be there?
5. the mazda is big and cuts off way too much off the stripe, why can’t it be like how the mazda logo was from 1999-2008
6. the fact it’s white stripes on a blue jumper when it should be the other way around

all these minor details really bug me. because we had the best looking jumper till the started adding all these little details and made our jumper the worst looking jumper in the AFL

posted this in the another thread but hopefully if north goes with puma we can get things back to normal
It's a very simple task for Puma, don't fu** it up.

tppaO4f.jpg

Those extra bits put onto the jumper give a salute to the history of the Kanagaroos. Correct the pinstripes are horrible. The cutoff mid stripe is as well. The Shinboner reference on the side is in reference to the previous nickname of the club. The EST. 1869 shows how old the club is. The Shinboner on the back of the jumper also has the number which they debut for the Kangaroos. So it as Shinboner#XXX. So a player may have number 40 at the start and move to 10, but will always be Shinboner #XXX.

The problem with a white jumper is that they will wear white shorts more often, like Geelong does. Having a royal blue jumper as the clash jumper will lessen this from happening.

dino_67

The first int'l Persib Bandung supporter
Jul 25, 2021
North of Naan Yarr Biss
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Persib Bandung (EST.1933),
Richmond, Collingwood and Sydney. Those 3 clubs are Nike tier, so i won't be surprised if it ends that way. Poor west coast though. A big club that can't land a big apparel sponsor, lol.
If they do go back to nike, i would like richmond to scrap the back sash. honestly, it looks better.

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Makes you wonder why North pushed the shorts issue so hard if they're going to be switching back.

The head of communications at North had a huge say in changing to predominantly blue a few years back and he’s accepted a job elsewhere this year. Whether that played a part in going back to white I doubt, but still worth remembering

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
The head of communications at North had a huge say in changing to predominantly blue a few years back and he’s accepted a job elsewhere this year. Whether that played a part in going back to white I doubt, but still worth remembering

I remember it being about wanting to wear Blue shorts but that's about it

If they do go back to nike, i would like richmond to scrap the back sash. honestly, it looks better.

Reminder of the clubs worst decade in their history, add in tradition, it wont be coming back.

Back