List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jarrod Brander [Off to GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

He played his best game for the club on the weekend, no doubt.

Lets hope he can keep it up and it's not a flash in the pan 🙏

That was the flat tracking home game I was so desperate for him to be a part of for so long. Ironic it came against the team at the top of the table for the past year.

A game that we're in control of and he can relax a bit and show his natural flair on instinct. Rather than a high pressure flogging in a tough away game.

His best other 2 performances up until this point were also wins at home, against GWS and Hawthorn last year.

What I really like is that he brings something to the table we don't have. He's a very athletic 195cm talent with a penetrating kick and very clean skills.

Just needs to string some more games together and eliminate the previous skill errors, fumbles, gimp moments he's shown at times.

I wholeheartedly believe Simmo would punt him from the team if he plays poorly against the Saints next week and we lose. Hasn't got enough runs on the board.

It's also funny Simmo was talking sh*t about his role in the interview questions. Saying we've tried him as inside mid at WAFL and that's where he played Saturday night.

Which is a total load of sh*t. I don't believe he had a single CBD and was played off the HFF most of the night from memory. As Thumper confirmed on eagle review.

So it's not really the same as his WAFL role is it Adam.

Delete your account.

He had one CBA

I was wondering about this as well. I've noticed that Simmo appears to be a bit cool on the kid for some reason. I may be reading too much into it.

Might not want to put to much pressure on the guy.

I was wondering where he played as he seemed like he was everywhere at one point. With Shuey out i think we might see him playing some inside minutes with rotations from the HFF.

He could have had 3 goals with his 21 possessions!

I was wondering about this as well. I've noticed that Simmo appears to be a bit cool on the kid for some reason. I may be reading too much into it.

I get that impression sometimes too. But I think Simmo always plays things down. Simmo doesn't pump up the tyres of the kids, and is pretty measured with his assessments, which can come across as being a bit cool on them.

On the other hand, if Simmo felt that way Jarrod Brander would have been traded in the trade period last year, or as part of the TK deal in 2019. Simmo and match committee have tried pretty hard to find/create a role that gets Brander in to the seniors team, and he wouldn't do that if he thought Brander was a bust.

Brander has played very little football since July 2019. He had a bad hammy that needed surgery and ended his season in July 2019 and with no WAFL there was no place for him to hone his craft when he was out of the senior team, and I think the lack of opportunity has impacted him, along with our team structure.

It felt to me that Shuey was set to play Brander's role on the weekend, with Ah Chee in the middle. When Ah Chee went out they decided to play Brander HF/Wing and Shuey in his normal role on ball.

The next month without Shuey and Yeo gives him his best opportunity to have a serious crack at it and lockdown a role.

I'd be very keen to see if he spends time with mids and Nic this week in training.

I don’t think he’ll ever have the bulk to be a kpf in this league. He should be developed as a mid. When JK retires we have Allen, JD has been so durable and he’ll probably play another 5 years and then we gotta get BBBW in the team.

His hands are clean, make him an inside mid who rolls forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving forward, I would like to think Allen and Waterman are our next CHF/FF combo

If Brander can indeed come on as a big bodied inside midfielder that would be a massive, massive bonus

Well in the immediate future post JK in 22 or 23 it will be Allen and JD at the same time Jake will have to be 3rd along with resting ruck Bailey. JD will likely play into 2025.

JW will have to keep pushing up the grounds

That was the flat tracking home game I was so desperate for him to be a part of for so long. Ironic it came against the team at the top of the table for the past year.

A game that we're in control of and he can relax a bit and show his natural flair on instinct. Rather than a high pressure flogging in a tough away game.

His best other 2 performances up until this point were also wins at home, against GWS and Hawthorn last year.

What I really like is that he brings something to the table we don't have. He's a very athletic 195cm talent with a penetrating kick and very clean skills.

Just needs to string some more games together and eliminate the previous skill errors, fumbles, gimp moments he's shown at times.

I wholeheartedly believe Simmo would punt him from the team if he plays poorly against the Saints next week and we lose. Hasn't got enough runs on the board.

It's also funny Simmo was talking sh*t about his role in the interview questions. Saying we've tried him as inside mid at WAFL and that's where he played Saturday night.

Which is a total load of sh*t. I don't believe he had a single CBD and was played off the HFF most of the night from memory. As Thumper confirmed on eagle review.

So it's not really the same as his WAFL role is it Adam.

Delete your account.
Mean tweets but it’s Eagles players and Simmo reading Dark Sharks BF posts.

Hopefully he can build from here.

I wasn't so happy with him last year due to what I thought was a tendency to squib some contests but the weekend was a nice step in the right direction.

And of course it is always easy to judge from the sanctuary of the keyboard.

Oscar gave Jarrod's game a shout out on coast to coast and was very complimentary about Brander's work ethic.

Also - apparently they live together now :O

Imagine 3 years from now when they are both 25 playing together in the forward 50 arc playing FF and CHF.
I'd rather him just become the no.1 inside mid in the comp

Oscar gave Jarrod's game a shout out on coast to coast and was very complimentary about Brander's work ethic.

Also - apparently they live together now :O

Imagine 3 years from now when they are both 25 playing together in the forward 50 arc playing FF and CHF.

Free TK?

I was really impressed with his intent and willingness to engage in the physical stuff.

That's always been my worry on him from his past games, not a talent issue, but seemed hesitant and unwilling to truly commit.

Honestly looked like a completely different player, and I hope it continues.

Would love for him to turn into a Josh Kennedy (Swans) type midfielder for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back