Preview Round 4, 2021 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 04/09/21

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Should be a great game however you blokes will be too strong for us on your home deck this week. Last 2 years we’ve lost 2 in a row in the first 4 rounds and I think this year will be no different.
Have a feeling we’ll be meeting you again in September however.
Agree with this, expecting Port to win quite easily. I think the Power have beaten the reigning Premier in the first encounter of the season each year since 2016.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
hahaha secretly every Richmond supporter is expecting to win. But they are getting their excuses ready in case they do lose.

Astronema

im gay (they/them)
Sep 17, 2020
Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This should hopefully be a cracking game, really looking forward to it. There is definitely the concern we will simply fold and our season will be in tatters but i’m gonna hope and pray that we come out fired up after last week.

Ports Ports Ports Ports

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
hahaha secretly every Richmond supporter is expecting to win. But they are getting their excuses ready in case they do lose.
Port $1.58
Tigers $2.42

We really are not expecting to win this game , I would be extremely surprised if we do, Richmond are terrible early season and usually drop 3-4 games in the first half of the season and get going after june.

Port 32 point

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Northern suburbs folks, how do you get to the game without trains?
Drive in and park in North Adelaide, or bus from TTP?
Cheers
There are sub buses for all lines this week

Apr 4, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Thanks. Dad frets about driving in, so trying to look for other (easier) options. Cheers!

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
The thing that concerned me after round 2 was not only how we were fading in every game the longer it went, but that some commentators said the dominant area of our scores V opposition has been coming from E2E chains. For me this is not sustainable, and concerns me that our forward press is faltering and we are not dangerous enough from clearance. And it is made more dangerous by the fact opposition can be dominated by us but still score easily when they get chances.

Will be interesting to watch how it unfolds, I started building belief at the back end of last year on the run into finals, but last week has brought me back to believing we're a middle of the 8 side, not a premiership contender. Plus I'm concerned our depth might not be as good as we think, and that we have a real weakness in the midfield, be it ruck, depth or that last spot which Drew is currently occupying.

Given who they have out, nothing but a win is acceptable. Any less and we're in real trouble.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Mate, if you have the chance to take the O-Bahn, you really should.

It was the first guided busway in the Southern Hemisphere and until 2011 was the longest full scale operational guided busway in the world.

Not to mention what it has done for linear park...

I hope they extended that bad boy to Golden Grove.

Back