Preview Round 4 v Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval Friday 9th April 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presuming Houli directly replaces Egg,
We then need replacements for both Prestia & K-Mac.
I'd like both ins to be midfielders, so two of Ross, Martyn, RCD & Dow to come in. Could play a mix of mid/wing/forward.

Just for anyone worrying about one loss...

This is the start of Hawthorn's 2015 Premiership season. After 8 games they were 4 and 4. Geez their wins were pretty massive though hey.

1617758878243.png

But honestly we don't even need to look at the Hawks to know that we will bounce back once our fitness and game style kicks in. We already know that we defend more "poorly" early in a season and that early losses (eg. being flogged by the Hawks and Saints last year, the Crows in round 2 of 2018) don't mean much. The new rules don't mean anything, seasons always start like this.

The season always kicks off with some team blitzing it off the back of a great preseason. Then the grounds get heavier, teams slow down a bit, the cream starts to rise to the top.

One thing I do know is that we need our best 22 or near-on to contend again, I'm not sure we could do it if guys like Prestia and Vlastuin are out of the side for too long. Our depth is good but not that good, we definitely need our best side in.

We'll be right.

But heck, even if we're not, it's been a pretty amazing run regardless, it obviously can't last forever and I wouldn't want it to. But I'm positive we still have plenty left in us.

:tiger:

If we are gonna be debuting someone then I reckon it'll be RCD. But if either he or Martyn play ahead of Ross I'll be blown away.

Also I might be in the minority here but I'm not sure I super liked the look of Martyn. Looked like Miles to me, probably a hard worker but just slow.

For me-

OUT: Prestia (inj.), McIntosh (inj.), Eggmolesse-Smith, Aarts
IN: Ross, Ralphsmith, Houli, Collier-Dawkins

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Short
Ralphsmith, Ross, Lambert
Caddy, Riewoldt, Castagna
Rioli, Lynch, Cotchin
Nankervis, Martin, Edwards
Graham, Bolton, Pickett, Baker

If we are gonna be debuting someone then I reckon it'll be RCD. But if either he or Martyn play ahead of Ross I'll be blown away.

Also I might be in the minority here but I'm not sure I super liked the look of Martyn. Looked like Miles to me, probably a hard worker but just slow.

For me-

OUT: Prestia (inj.), McIntosh (inj.), Eggmolesse-Smith, Aarts
IN: Ross, Ralphsmith, Houli, Collier-Dawkins

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Short
Ralphsmith, Ross, Lambert
Caddy, Riewoldt, Castagna
Rioli, Lynch, Cotchin
Nankervis, Martin, Edwards
Graham, Bolton, Pickett, Baker
Rob, Ralphsmith was given a two game suspension (one with an early plea) in the reserves practice match, so it won't be him coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is Ross for Prestia and RCD to replace KMac on a wing.

Houli (if fully ready) to replace Egg. If not Naish.

Rioli stays in, a little lucky.

Aarts stays in, very lucky. Possibly sub.

Martyn to be the medical sub unless they decide to give him a full game for his debut. If so Aarts sub.

Can't see them making too many more changes after all that.

Grimes Balta Short
Houli/Naish Astbury Broad
RCD Dusty Pickett
Lambo Jack R Edwards
Rioli Lunch Castagna
Nank Ross Cotch
Baker Caddy Jack G Aarts/Martyn
Sub Martyn/Aarts

Caddy might be the other option as the sub due to his versatility. Naish must also be close after 39 possessions in the twos.

Still a strong side, but with question marks over Houli and Cotch. Will be good to see some of the kids given a go.

For real?! Wasn't it Biggie Nguyon?
Biggie got done for head butting last week

Ralphsmith striking the weekend just gone 2 down to 1 with an early plea

Yea and they do that by being conservative with cotchin every time his had an issue with his hammys.

Its round 3 why risk him missing longer imo
The word out of the club is he's fine. Knowing they're always conservative with him, it's pretty safe to assume he's fine. I'm sure if anything pops up between now and game time, they'll pull him. At the moment, full steam ahead.

Well clearly Samson Ryan doesn’t look like he’s debuting this week lol

The Suns will be without skipper Jarrod Witts for the rest of the season after his anterior cruciate ligament tear, meaning they don't have a fit recognised ruckman on their list.

They will need to wait until the mid-season draft in June to add a ready-made replacement, but the Tigers coach said he supported a loan arrangement that would see clubs be able to swap players for short periods if they filled a specific need.

He threw up first-year 206cm Richmond ruckman Samson Ryan as an example of a player who could benefit from a loan system.

RUCK OPTIONS The big men who could become Suns in the mid-season draft

"Anything that gives a young player an opportunity to play the game, I love," Hardwick said on Wednesday.

"We've got a young kid by the name of Samson Ryan that we'd love to loan them. At the end of the day this kid – we're really excited about what he's going to bring – but we've got (Callum) Coleman-Jones, we've got Mabior Chol, we've got Samson.

"So he's sitting there playing forward in VFL footy. Not that I'd like to give them Samson if he's playing against us, but anything that gives a player the opportunity to play at AFL [level] we should look at, absolutely."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back