Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t want to bring SPP straight back in, but that piss weak performance justifies it.
Have a quite word with him before the game and tell him how lucky he is to be coming back in and give his team mate a lesson on effort.

Clurey for McKenzie, Hartlett for Bergman, Ladhams for Hayes and maybe make a statement and drop Dixon, had no impact what so ever.

Drew for SPP is on the cards, but our midfield has been mentally weak for years and we have much bigger problem.
Yeah big Charlie gave away undisciplined free kicks esp 1st round. Minimal impacts considering other big forwards are going gang buster!!

It's really strange how that always seems to happen. When our seniors stink it up, our reserves inevitably stink it up that same weekend.

I wonder if we tend to train too hard or not hard enough on certain weeks and that's what causes it.
I always feel it the other way around. When the reserves played badly, the seniors know there is no pressure for spots!!

I don't think we need to panic. I do think going small against Richmond is the way to go though so I'd be bringing in Farrell for Ladhams. I don't think Pete is the answer as a forward and Lycett is clearly the number one ruck on ability and performance.

Getting the feeling Ladhams will go for a small.
Do think he’s now behind Hayes as long as Hayes holds his sanfl form.
No problem with Farrell but would not mind seeing Williams get a run either.

Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we'd be having a go at Ken for going too tall. How times have changed from the days when Neade was our key forward.

Ladhams needs a spell, though. Let Lycett do 3/4 of the ruckwork with a chop out from Aliir and Dixon.

Bergman back as he never deserved to be dropped.

Clurey and Hammer on notice as well.

Last edited:
Article doesn’t add much, if anothing, that isn’t in here but here it is..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for Marshall a bit, everyone on Facebook hating on him, saying he should be out but we lost the game in the midfield, had shocking delivery inside 50 with long bombs. Despite this he still kicked 3 and the most goals for our team.

Easy to put blame on Marshall but I blame Boak, Wines, Butters, Rozee, Gray Hartlett who all had less than 3 disposals in the first quarter

Feel for Marshall a bit, everyone on Facebook hating on him, saying he should be out but we lost the game in the midfield, had shocking delivery inside 50 with long bombs. Despite this he still kicked 3 and the most goals for our team.

Easy to put blame on Marshall but I blame Boak, Wines, Butters, Rozee, Gray Hartlett who all had less than 3 disposals in the first quarter
How could anyone with half a footy brain (which excludes the Facebook crowd obviously) blame Marshall for Saturday night's loss? He was far from our worst. He did alright with limited service in the end.

Besides the fact that woodcock is out of form and just turned in an unforgivable performance in the sanfl, I’m not sure what position or need he would fill in our current side that we’re screaming out for.

motlop rozee Fantasia butters (when he’s not onball) and duursma have the forward / flank positions that we might try to play him in.

Woodcock isn’t breaking into our centre square brigade and certainly doesn’t fill our need for a big clearance winner.

if he’s going to break into the side it would have to take a fairly good run of undeniable form.

Besides the fact that woodcock is out of form and just turned in an unforgivable performance in the sanfl, I’m not sure what position or need he would fill in our current side that we’re screaming out for.

motlop rozee Fantasia butters (when he’s not onball) and duursma have the forward / flank positions that we might try to play him in.

Woodcock isn’t breaking into our centre square brigade and certainly doesn’t fill our need for a big clearance winner.

if he’s going to break into the side it would have to take a fairly good run of undeniable form.

to tall up forward. take out ladhams or marshall and stick him in the forward pocket and tell him to chase like hell to keep his spot

I think what people didn't like was his total lack of intensity, not chasing, feeble tackling attempts, etc. He got on the end of a couple of easy goals but needs to work a lot harder when the ball's not handed to him. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe obviously but even Timmy G and Tredders had a crack at him during the commentary.

Todd Marshall is the whipping boy for Port Adelaide Facebook groups but if you ever say anything bad about someone like Hartlett or Westhoff on their you get crucified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back