List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I demand to know immediately what this Petracca rumour is that multiple people have alluded to?!

He would be an amazing get and fix our woes for years to come.

I don’t care if it’s a complete fabrication, happy to just believe it.
I think it was a tenuous link in SEN, mentioning he was a Pies man growing up and then pretty much commenting as you did on how well he'd fit into our set up

I think it was a tenuous link in SEN, mentioning he was a Pies man growing up and then pretty much commenting as you did on how well he'd fit into our set up
A tenuous link on SEN?

A radio station who have proven time and time again to just make s**t up when there’s no footy news to report?

Welcome to the Pies Trac and Godspeed. WHE and a 2nd rounder should get it done.

(Thanks for the clarification grayza)

A tenuous link on SEN?

A radio station who have proven time and time again to just make sh*t up when there’s no footy news to report?

Welcome to the Pies Trac and Godspeed. WHE and a 2nd rounder should get it done.

(Thanks for the clarification grayza)

I think Tony Shaw had said that Petracca is our target. SEN just reported what he said.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weidieman and Day as FA's should be our biggest targets imo. The Weed is a restricted FA I believe so we'd need to work something out, however Day as a non-restricted FA could walk to us for free if he nominated us.

If we truly are after a Merrett or Trac we need to save some of our powder, as they will require big trades, so trying to get one/two KPF's on the "cheap" is the smartest play. Mckay would cost the world - and I would rather trade for him over a mid, however all the talk has been we are after a mid and I would rather see us at least bring in Day/Weideman alongside a Mid rather than only signing Merrett/Trac and continuing to ignore the hole in our forward line.
McKay is untouchable. There’s no point in talking about him. Fast becoming the blues most important player.

OOC and not a FA for Weideman. He might be gettable, but I don’t agree with the focus on KPF’s anyway.

Our best 22 requirements are midfield, small forward and KPD in that order, IMO. I think your bang on in terms of a Petracca or Merrett who along with Macrae/ McInnes/ Poulter probably corrects course with the midfield. The problem is bringing a guy like Day in when he isn’t an improvement on what we already have (he’s never kicked more than 20 in a season after 10 years in the system) has more potential to stifle the development of Kelly and McMahon, IMO. If either of Day and Kelly are ever fit at the same time that is...

Brander, S Taylor, Melican and Callow are the guys I’d be looking at as tall options. Callow as a KPD. Kickers too. Anyone that can kick and has pace needs to be on our radar. Guys like Amon, B Williams and Cumming. Guys you can attract at the $400k mark, who are plug and play, but won’t break the trade bank. Howe and Varcoe aside we haven’t found any of them for a loooooong time!

KPF not a priority?

Some interesting out of contract players:

Jarryd Lyons
Sam Flanders
Tom Green (yes!!)
Jacob Hopper
Jake Riccardi
James Worpel
Clayton Oliver
Harrison Petty
Sam Weideman
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Shai Bolton
Callum Coleman-Jones
Sydney Stack
Jack Billings
Will Gould
Tom McCartin
Ed Richards!

Jarryd Lyons
Sam Flanders
Tom Green (yes!!)
Jacob Hopper
Jake Riccardi
James Worpel
Clayton Oliver
Harrison Petty
Sam Weideman
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Shai Bolton
Callum Coleman-Jones
Sydney Stack
Jack Billings
Will Gould
Tom McCartin
Ed Richards!
Melb have a few KPF, I wonder if Weid is gettable. Wouldn’t sell the farm for him as he hasn’t hit elite yet, but he’s only 23.

KPF not a priority?

I'm with Scodog. Cox and Mihocek are better at their roles than Brown and Thomas. Small forwards are a bloody urgent need. Mids are pretty urgent too, due to an aging group and an extreme lack of depth in the most important part of the ground, but who knows, we may already have the future in place with the young kids on our list and Nick Daicos coming next year and Sier and TBrown may become miracle stories. With KPF, it depends on how highly the club rates Kelly and McMahon.

Jarryd Lyons
Sam Flanders
Tom Green (yes!!)
Jacob Hopper
Jake Riccardi
James Worpel
Clayton Oliver
Harrison Petty
Sam Weideman
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Shai Bolton
Callum Coleman-Jones
Sydney Stack
Jack Billings
Will Gould
Tom McCartin
Ed Richards!

Shai Bolton. Sydney Stack,LDU, Tom Green, Worpel and Oliver are the ones I'd be keen on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone saying a KPF isn’t a need hasn’t been watching footy this year. Cox is 30btw.
Our list is in a position where there are needs all over the ground. In terms of trade, I'd hold my horses until 2022 in terms of player type - to have a better idea of what we've got with this swag of a dozen unknowns on our list. The exception being small forward - our team is dire in that regard and the swag of unknowns has a shortage of them as well.

Our list is in a position where there are needs all over the ground. In terms of trade, I'd hold my horses until 2022 in terms of player type - to have a better idea of what we've got with this swag of a dozen unknowns on our list. The exception being small forward - our team is dire in that regard and the swag of unknowns has a shortage of them as well.
I agree there are holes everywhere atm

KPF not a priority?

Definitely not while the club persists with Kelly forward. A mix of Cox, Mihocek, McMahon and Kelly is ample through to 2022 so unless one falls in our lap (say Riccardi or Callow although I’d use him back) there’s no need for us to go looking for one.

On the flip side Roughead, Moore and Keane is nowhere near enough cover down back. It could also depend on what happens with Lynch. I’d be cutting him post 2021 and I think Grundy, Cameron and Cox is plenty of ruck cover so that might be a way to find another list spot for a KPF, but I think the club would go with another Cameron style ruck forward...

Shai Bolton. Sydney Stack,LDU, Tom Green, Worpel and Oliver are the ones I'd be keen on.
Stack would cop a s**t tonne of media attention if he moves here

Definitely not while the club persists with Kelly forward. A mix of Cox, Mihocek, McMahon and Kelly is ample through to 2022 so unless one falls in our lap (say Riccardi or Callow although I’d use him back) there’s no need for us to go looking for one.

On the flip side Roughead, Moore and Keane is nowhere near enough cover down back. It could also depend on what happens with Lynch. I’d be cutting him post 2021 and I think Grundy, Cameron and Cox is plenty of ruck cover so that might be a way to find another list spot for a KPF, but I think the club would go with another Cameron style ruck forward...
We could always switch Kelly back if we land a key forward though.

Jarryd Lyons
Sam Flanders
Tom Green (yes!!)
Jacob Hopper
Jake Riccardi
James Worpel
Clayton Oliver
Harrison Petty
Sam Weideman
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Shai Bolton
Callum Coleman-Jones
Sydney Stack
Jack Billings
Will Gould
Tom McCartin
Ed Richards!

I think the next 6-9 rounds will tell us more about the value of those pure inside mids on the list. If the stoppage numbers stay lower and the ball keeps pinging around like it is some of these players won’t be as valuable.

IMO you might only have the need for 1 of these in your 22 and therefore One of Hopper or Green may become more available. Worpel already spending less time in the centre which is reducing his influence.

The one on the list I’d be looking at is Petty. I thought he looked ok but will be behind May and Lever at one end and Brown, McDonald and Weed at the other. Him or Weed may be available.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back