UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Haaland probably can’t get out of England quickly enough. First the bullshit with Bellingham’s goal, losing in the 90th minute, Foden grabbing hold of Haaland and Haaland trying to get away from him (so it’s obvious what Foden is saying to him) and having to be polite and sign a linesman’s card not knowing if the same linesman will be involved in next weeks second leg. What a nightmare.

It looked like Haaland went over to Phoden and was up for a chat. I'm not sure Pep would break the bank for him. He doesn't usually play with an outright big centre forward. Whereas Kane can drop deep and play in similar positions to De Bruyne then get in the box to finish.

I'm sure Bellingham also caught his eye. 17 yo and he's all over the field, giving instructions to international players 10 years his senior.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
He was poor defensively but amazing with the ball at his feet. Left foot or right foot he can ping an inch perfect pass 40 yards. I've long been convinced he's not playing in the correct position. Move him further forward and he will start curling shots into the top corner like Becks used to.
Hes struggling going forward too.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
That's surely frowned upon and he will be in trouble you would think. Ref's are meant to be impartial. This looks like he's a massive Haaland fan which you just cant be as a referee.

Ok for a ref to be a fan of Haaland. Not ok to be asking him to sign autographs in the player tunnel after the game.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
TAA has 1 goal and 4 assists. James has 1 goal 1 and 2 assists.

TAA's low completion rate this season could be due to the Liverpool forward line not firing. Last season he got 15 assists (and 4 goals).

The midfield has been playing at centreback for half of the season plus he was out for 6 weeks injured. That's the main reasons behind it.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
TAA has 1 goal and 4 assists. James has 1 goal 1 and 2 assists.

TAA's low completion rate this season could be due to the Liverpool forward line not firing. Last season he got 15 assists (and 4 goals).
Watching him play hes just a shadow of the player he was, teams are attacking him more as hes suspect defending and that seems to have effected his confidence.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
It looked like Haaland went over to Phoden and was up for a chat. I'm not sure Pep would break the bank for him. He doesn't usually play with an outright big centre forward. Whereas Kane can drop deep and play in similar positions to De Bruyne then get in the box to finish.

I'm sure Bellingham also caught his eye. 17 yo and he's all over the field, giving instructions to international players 10 years his senior.

The red side of Manchester is much better anyway.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Watching him play hes just a shadow of the player he was, teams are attacking him more as hes suspect defending and that seems to have effected his confidence.

I reckon it's a symptom of the whole Liverpool defence being much more under pressure. This time last season they had scored 66 and conceded 21. This season F51, A36.

But like I said, I think TAA would be better off in a more advanced position like Beckham used to play.

He was poor defensively but amazing with the ball at his feet. Left foot or right foot he can ping an inch perfect pass 40 yards. I've long been convinced he's not playing in the correct position. Move him further forward and he will start curling shots into the top corner like Becks used to.
He’s always been poor defensively from day one, and teams have caught on and attack down his side knowing that.

His attacking game has glossed over the defensive fragility and because of that it has been acceptable.

Now that his attacking capability has turned to sh!t, the spotlight is on him big time and it’s become a huge problem.

Agree, Liverpool need to push him further forward and buy a competent right back who can defend.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
He’s always been poor defensively from day one, and teams have caught on and attack down his side knowing that.

His attacking game has glossed over the defensive fragility and because of that it has been acceptable.

Now that his attacking capability has turned to sh!t, the spotlight is on him big time and it’s become a huge problem.

Agree, Liverpool need to push him further forward and buy a competent right back who can defend.
Same with Cancelo

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I’d say his future is definitely in midfield, but I think people calling him a rubbish right back and that he can’t defend are going pretty over the top. He won the league and champions league playing there. Every team targeted him then even more than they are now. He’s in poor form and low on confidence. He’ll be fine long term.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Cancelo has been pretty solid defensively. LB/RB without the ball. CM when we gave the ball. Done both pretty well.
Does well when City control the game but is shambles when under pressure.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I’d say his future is definitely in midfield, but I think people calling him a rubbish right back and that he can’t defend are going pretty over the top. He won the league and champions league playing there. Every team targeted him then even more than they are now. He’s in poor form and low on confidence. He’ll be fine long term.
Marcelo won multiple Champions League but was also a dog s**t LB. He just had a good defence with him

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Marcelo won multiple Champions League but was also a dog sh*t LB. He just had a good defence with him
Marcelo wasn’t that bad. He wasn’t great defensively but he did a job. He did get caught out of position a lot but that was pretty much a tactical choice they made and knew it came at a cost.

TAA being too far up the field isn’t an issue for Liverpool. They cop that as a trade off for all the chances he creates. His big problem this season that wasn’t as bad before is that he just keeps making actual defensive/technical errors when he is in position.

I know they’ve had a stack of defensive injuries this season but surely at some point they need to start getting him minutes in the midfield.

Does well when City control the game but is shambles when under pressure.
Clean sheets in 23 of the 35 games he's played in for us this season. Conceded more than 1 goal in a match once.

Can't be that bad.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Clean sheets in 23 of the 35 games he's played in for us this season. Conceded more than 1 goal in a match once.

Can't be that bad.
City have dominated this year which has hid his weaknesses to an extent

Venkman

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Seattle Supersonics
Staggering how the ref blew the whistle when he could have waited for the goal to be scored and let VAR review the Bellingham "foul".

And what an utter cheat Ederson is. Coupled with the Rodri "penalty" Dortmund must be fuming.

They should use VAR to book more players for simulation - they stand out like dog balls on slo mo.

Back