Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This year feels like a very mid table year. We could lose to any team and i think we'll lose few we shouldn't.

Sack him
This is always the problem with the combination of Ken and our spineless board/CEO/President. He's got a team with enough talent and reasonable enough coaches around him to not finish bottom 4 and have the Facebook fans also baying for his blood. The Hinkley zone (7-12) gets us close enough that those who just enjoy the game on the weekend and don't think about it much outside that, or too deeply on game plans etc. think that he's a good coach. Combine with Koch's years of 'Little old club from Alberton' casting us as a minnow, with continual references back to 2008-2012 (combining to deliberately lower any expectations) and it's no surprise so many casual fans think 'next year could be our turn with Ken!'.

No one enjoys being bottom 4, but it's the only way we'd get enough pressure to have a change in coach before his contract expires. Otherwise until then it's just 'it's a tough competition', 'we're a small club', 'Remember 2012!'. No wonder those with any clue are just a step away from checking out, as a normal season is looking like a normal Ken season. :huh:

we all knew finishing top in the most nothing year of AFL ever would give the admin the safety net desired to make Ken a 10 year coach. losing bravely in a Prelim was a big tick in terms of "clout gained" and all that crap. losing 2 Prelims to the eventual Premiers was fantastic, because that's what this club under under Koch aims for.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This is damning on Ken
Sounds like a supporter watching the bush league with his mates.
I actually found him quite impressive, thought he was more aware of the game then Hardwick was. Usually I’m on the sack Hinkley train but I think he was okay in the video.

Could had easily won that day, was a great game, bad result

wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
He doesn't communicate as well as Dimma, but I thought he read the game fairly well.

This is damning on Ken

On EVR-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I actually found him quite impressive, thought he was more aware of the game then Hardwick was. Usually I’m on the sack Hinkley train but I think he was okay in the video.

Could had easily won that day, was a great game, bad result

Agreed. Liked the way he wanted us to test their formations to see what we could get away with too.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm over saturday night now and now looking forward to the opportunity to respond.

The loss on the weekend was shocking and if it happens again this weekend we've got some issues but i don't want to jump the gun.

It is only 1 loss though at this stage (albeit a very bad one) but we have to give the side an opportunity to respond before throwing our toys out of the cot.

I know we've seen these types of losses many times during the hinkley era, however, we've won 17 out of our last 22 games and have definitely become a lot more consistent to the point that the howlers have been quite rare since 2019. Maybe that's why saturday night was so disappointing as it was a result that none of us were expecting.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
He doesn't communicate as well as Dimma, but I thought he read the game fairly well.

On EVR-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think its good insight, but i reckon would be even better if the whole box was micd up. I reckon our assistants do a lot more of what Dimma does.

Ken definitely reads it well, but unlike Dimma doesnt seem to try to resolve issues or make moves, but perhaps thats the job of his line coaches.

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think its good insight, but i reckon would be even better if the whole box was micd up. I reckon our assistants do a lot more of what Dimma does.

Ken definitely reads it well, but unlike Dimma doesnt seem to try to resolve issues or make moves, but perhaps thats the job of his line coaches.

My take fwiw is that Ken makes comment but doesn't offer solutions. Hardwick very good tactically and is good on the counter where as Ken is not. Am even more worried after watching that.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This is damning on Ken

* me, 5mins left in the game "I reckon boys they are gonna keep flooding them back there" meanwhile in the other box he's making tactical changes as soon as he recognises it and being proactive in changing setups to stifle us.

This is damning on Ken

I thought it was good insight to be honest. Both coaches came across almost supporter like at times, makes you feel like there's only so much that can be done on match day. It came across quite clearly from both coaches that sometimes instruction is actually given but not necessarily followed in the heat of battle.

Forget Ken, when do we get to hear Chris Scott mic'd up for a game? Preferably one against West Coast at Optus.

Ken is extremely negative, starts with the "we'll need it" (luck) line and alot of concern about what they are doing and how good they are. Easy for that to get into the heads of players.

This is damning on Ken
Clurey was just eating dust that whole game.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken is extremely negative, starts with the "we'll need it" (luck) line and alot of concern about what they are doing and how good they are. Easy for that to get into the heads of players.
Ken constantly references luck in the same way G Cornes does.

What happened to you get what you deserve?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back