List Mgmt. Operation : Bloody get Rankine

I agree with you plus Rankine hasn’t delivered on pick 3 potential. He has shown flashes of class but nothing that deserves a high pick. We need to continue drafting top talent and only try to get him when he’s out of contract, if we are below GC then we have the upper hand

I'd happily trade for him or Luko. It's not like we have any success with early draft picks anyway.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty confident this is the plan. Pay a first rounder end of 2022 for Rankine and no more.
The trick will be to get him to nominate only us if he can be enticed out of there and that he won't look to go anywhere else (ie port) and then it strengthens our hand. It may also take more than a 2022 1st round pick to seal that deal thought but it will be worth it i think

Crowstar

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty funny, because after the GC game I was out having a drink and chatted with a couple young lads who said they went to henley and knew him and his gf and says he wants to get to crows. I asked about Luko and they didn't really know him too well.

I guess everyone's got an opinion about the SA boys after a nice win against GC.

My 2 cents neither of them get to SA until late in their careers. Mainly because neither of us have any currency to get a deal done. Port are better than us at getting something for nothing.
I dont put a huge amount of stock into what I've heard simply because my person is soooooooo f.o.s. I wish he came to us but alot of cards need to fall our way.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
All it proves is that once again Kornes should be ignored at all times. The guy is a complete flog.
Cornes trying to push his value down so that if he went to pear they wouldn't have to pay as much. He consistently pushes players price down in general and was doing so with an injured Cripps last week. He's a jealous little dimwit.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have heard firsthand from someone high at the club, we are throwing the sink at Rankine when he’s OOC next
throw-kitchen-sink-rankine-gif.1095694

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cornes trying to push his value down so that if he went to pear they wouldn't have to pay as much. He consistently pushes players price down in general and was doing so with an injured Cripps last week. He's a jealous little dimwit.
He said we should give a 1st rounder for Ladham.....don't think anyone take notice of what he says.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I actually think your last sentence is the correct one.

He's a little twat that lacked ability. He doesn't like anyone that actually has some.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I disagree, sure if he's out of contract and wants to come here at reasonable cost fine but no way should we pay big overs while he's contracted which we would undoubtedly have to do. Go after Rankine at the cost of another high end midfielder or possibly more with a 2021 draft talent laden with midfielders with plenty of tricks at the top end is a no from me. Might not be a popular view on this board but no way am I being swayed away from that view.
Yep - can see your point , we will prob always disagree on rankine though

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
That overhead handball to nobody in particular isn't attacking in any way shape or form...it's flat out lairising, straight into the arms of Luke Brown and cleared out of their attacking zone.
Those things are fixable , watching him live on fri night he looked far from the finished product but also super exciting and effective at times , with 50 games under his belt I see great things but even better things if he was to come home

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Those things are fixable , watching him live on fri night he looked far from the finished product but also super exciting and effective at times , with 50 games under his belt I see great things but even better things if he was to come home
I've seen nothing from Izak at all that suggests he's not happy enough up there or anything that suggests he wants to head back to SA....and I put absolutely no credence on the Big Footy claptrap from some with "claimed" sources suggesting otherwise.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've seen nothing from Izak at all that suggests he's not happy enough up there or anything that suggests he wants to head back to SA....and I put absolutely no credence on the Big Footy claptrap from some with "claimed" sources suggesting otherwise.
He doesn't want out of his contract. I'm pretty sure he's stated publicly that he loves it up there actually. Can't remember where, but I remember being disappointed when I heard it.

Anyway for me he's one of a few potential OOC targets in 2022 that we should go after as a FA. Which IMO works a hell of a lot better for us in the short and long term anyway. Throw the kitchen sink at the draft this year and then attack the FA market in 2022.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think you’re over rating a couple of those guys - and underestimating their drafting and list management.
Well, they were still reliant on Boak (especially) and Dixon, Jonas, Lycett and Gray to some extent last year and they did get smashed when these guys didn't perform against West Coast.....sure they got quality youngsters but they will need to replace these guys (2 of them are club legends) and then the youngsters coming up will need to replace them (yet to see this).

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The question is what role he would have in our system if we could get him back here. I see him as a guy that can play out on a wing and rotate forward. Get the hard nuts to get him the ball and watch the magic happen. Having said that, if he can get a hard edge to his frame without losing his mercurial agility then he could play more on ball too

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The question is what role he would have in our system if we could get him back here. I see him as a guy that can play out on a wing and rotate forward. Get the hard nuts to get him the ball and watch the magic happen. Having said that, if he can get a hard edge to his frame without losing his mercurial agility then he could play more on ball too
Centre square mid / forward

like all the best teams have

Eg D Martin , Butters, Dangerfield etc

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doesn’t mean he’s not gettable or not worth trying

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
My 2 cents neither of them get to SA until late in their careers. Mainly because neither of us have any currency to get a deal done. Port are better than us at getting something for nothing.
Well we need to get better at that ourselves. It's up to the recruiters to make this happen and complete our re-build.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Doesn’t mean he’s not gettable or not worth trying
Gettable perhaps albeit unlikely but at what price?

Let's have your value in draft picks collateral and what salary you'd pay him?

He's still more big potential than big performance anyway you slice it.

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gettable perhaps albeit unlikely but at what price?

Let's have your value in draft picks collateral and what salary you'd pay him?

He's still more big potential than big performance anyway you slice it.
Most decent players are worth 2 first round picks , with a second coming back (unless your Tim Kelly where Geelong paid 3 firsts). Salary wise your paying on potential, say 500k

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I agree. People are setting themselves up for disappointment regarding Rankine.

Back