Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure why anyone's concerned about our roll out, being vaccinated or not makes zero difference living here. I'd rather they didn't rush out the Astrazeneca so a slower roll out and some more data from around the world I think is a benefit from that.
Because as I wrote in here on 18th March when raptalia wrote a similar what's the problem, you can't compare us to USA mass vaccinations, I'm alright Jack, there is an economic, social and personal cost to not opening up international borders because vaccination rates are low as well as other impacts of a slow vaccination rate.

As I wrote back then, as long as the frontline healthcare workers, border control workers, medi-hotel/quarantine workers, international arrivals, the elderly and aged care staff get vaccinated in a reasonable period, and Oz maintains no community spread, the delays aren't a massive issue from a health pov.

But after 12 months, most of them successfully dealing with covid, the emphasis has to shift.

JobKeeper finished on 28th March, there are hundreds of thousands of people at risk of losing their jobs and/or not finding equivalent paid ones by keeping borders closed for 3 to 12 months longer than needed, that are dependent on international people movement.

Australians want to travel overseas for compassionate reasons, illness or death of loved ones, to see loved ones again, and for business purposes. Other countries may put on restrictions because you aren't vaccinated might mean you miss a funeral or important opportunities.

State governments pissing their pants because somewhere else there are 5 local cases in a week, so we will shut the border until there are 28 days of zero cases from that hotspot type thinking is another reason to want faster roll out. That causes economic and personal problems. The sooner this state government BS finishes the better and unfortunately only high vaccination rates will change this.

The bankruptcy laws are no longer suspended, the rent and tenancy control laws have been lifted in most jurisdictions. People will loses businesses they have spent their life building up. Plenty have already, why unnecessarily add more to the pile. There are economic, social and mental health costs as a result.

Greg Hunt keeps saying that they aim to under promise and over deliver. They have done the opposite on vaccinations after doing a great job on controlling covid. There were 2 stories about vaccination last night on 7.30. This one from Norman Swan's story with video clips of Morrison.

NORMAN SWAN: It's to save lives and escape from lockdown and the demand is huge (re overseas situation). For Australians, it's more about making us safe and opening up borders and we were promised a lot.

SCOTT MORRISON, PRIME MINISTER (January 7, 2021): We hope by the end of March, I should say, to have reached some 4 million population.

SCOTT MORRISON (November 4, 2020): We're investing to ensure that Australia will be in the leading pack of the world.

So classic case of doing the opposite of what Hunt has been saying - over promising, under delivering when they had no control of the process to even make those promises.

No one can blame the government for Pfizer and Astrazeneca for not delivering, but they shouldn't be promising what they can't control.

We kept on being told CSL would be producing at least 1 million doses a week from the get go. They haven't got there yet, last week produced 830k according to Dr Brendan Murphy in his interview on 7.30 last night. How many Pfizer doses were imported last week, last month?? No information is given out except for the first shipment back in mid February.

As I've written before I don't expect to get my first jab until August at the current vaccination roll out rates and I'm a phase 2A candidate. No dramas for me, but as I said, others are greatly affected by a slow roll out rate.

Why on every Monday arvo can't the CMO or an equivalent commonwealth public servant come out in a presser and say something like - in the last 7 days until 11.59pm yesterday;

1) CSL manufactured X number of doses and delivered Y number of doses to the Commonwealth for distribution to the states and Commonwealth for their uses. At this stage Z number of those doses were administered and most of the rest will be used this week.

2) The commonwealth received A number of doses from Pfizer and Astrazeneca imports, and delivered B number of doses to the states' and Commonwealth agencies. At this stage C number of doses were administered and most of the rest will be used this week.

3) CSL has advised us they expect to produce XX number of doses in the next 7 days, they expect to deliver to the Commonwealth YY doses for state and commonwealth agencies use. We estimate ZZ number of those doses to be administered in the next 7 days. We also expect K% of the (X-Z) doses not administered last week to be administered this week.

4) The commonwealth expects to receive AA number of doses from Pfizer and Astrazeneca imports, and delivered BB number of doses to the to the states and commonwealth agencies. We estimate CC number of those doses to be administered in the next 7 days. We also expect H% of the (A-C) doses not administered last week to be administered this week.

If over the previous 7 days either imports or production runs weren't met to what was announced at the previous presser, explain that number, why and what impact it makes. That way people know what is going on.

But they wont do this. Why?? Because it would mean they are accountable and we know politicians and bureaucrats don't like being held to account. They are *in' 10-ply.

Imagine if they weren't getting flooded with illegal immigrants with Covid during a pandemic. Better yet, imagine your reaction if that was happening under Trump.
View attachment 1096245

Why are "illegal immigrants" going to Michigan?

That makes * all sense to me.

Strappy's obsession with illegal immigrants under Biden making OGC's previous 5AA & the crows posts looking moderate by comparison

It's to make a repeated point due to OGC and friends in this and previous versions of this thread was all about Trump and his response being directly responsible for everything Coronavirus in the states. A clown etc etc The absurdity of what's happening there the last couple of months by the guy who campaigned on how deadly it was I would have thought might have come up.. but no, bagging Texas with no restrictions as Clowns and Florida when both are performing megatons better than the most locked down places just tops off the level of shite this entire discussion has ever been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Illegal immigration and/or mass migration is certainly not helping the situation, surely. Lots of other factors though.

Could you imagine, Anthony Albanese campaigns on defeating the pandemic because he knows what to do and has done it before. He then wins, becomes PM and throws open the borders, Australia gets overwhelmed and so his government decides to just start putting them all out into the community untested but at the same time keeps telling his fellow Australians to do the right thing, wear a mask and stay isolated, get tested etc. It's indefensible but apparently everyones doing a Fauci and pretending that it's not happening.

Nah repost it, this time I hope you made sure you triple checked your basic facts, like who'se governor of the state your bagging etc.
At least I don’t get all of my ‘facts’ from the GOP media outlet (aka Fox News) or Parler, Gab or BitChute hey 🙄

Don’t you just love how Fox ( Hannity etc) and individuals such as Ted Shifty Cruz and co. absolutely downplayed the risk of covid19 in their communities for months, resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths (even calling it fake or just a flu)
yet all of a sudden, now the Biden administration has been rightfully installed, the whole GOP become immediately concerned about the spread of the disease and well being of their constituents and those ‘poor’ children at the border.

Mmmmm
If one was just a tiny bit sceptical one might even think it is politically motivated 🙄

Last edited:
I remember saying at the time why stop development funding just because blood tests will result in a false positive HIV because the UQ vaccine was using 2 HIV protein fragments. If it works and it doesn't give you HIV, so what about the look of a false positive. Private sector should throw money at it. We wont be covid free for a couple of years and who knows how long we have to have regular jabs for it, so money to be potentially made out of it if governments are too scared.

UQ reworking dumped vaccine ‘under radar’

A new study based on the University of Queensland’s aborted COVID-19 vaccine suggests it is effective in combating the virus after one inoculation, with the potential to be stored at fridge temperature.

The university’s vaccine research team is now attempting to accelerate the vaccine technology past the research stage to demonstrate it was still a powerful preventative against COVID-19.

Leader of the research team Professor Paul Young told The Courier-Mail his scientists were continuing to rework and progress the vaccine, saying “it would need significant funding if it was to be returned to human trials”.

“We are working day to day and moving the technology forward but we are trying to stay under the radar as the focus needs to be on the AstraZeneca vaccine that is being rolled out as it is our best line of offence,” Professor Young said.

The vaccine’s trial was abruptly ended last year after some patients recorded false-positive HIV results.

Professor Young said this was due to the trial’s unique “clamp technology” which combined two fragments of a protein found in HIV.

However, new data suggests the technology is effective after one jab and is stable at fridge temperature.

The University of Queensland vaccine was one of the four the federal government had committed to purchasing last year, with plans to produce more than 50 million doses.

Edit original Courier Mail story

You have to wonder what kind of coverage stories like this would be getting if the federal government hadn't completely hitched their wagon to the AZ vaccine.

Compounding the problem of supply and what not, there has been a clear lack of direction in terms of who can get the vaccine when.

I personally am in Phase 1b but there's been literally no direction given to me by AHPRA, my professional regulatory Board, or my member's Association about the rollout in terms of how we as health professionals are able to go about getting the shot. Whilst the lack of communication has no bearing with myself personally, I know countless of my peers rely on those boards and regulatory bodies for all relevant health care info.

Another question I was recently asked by a colleague was if we have a patient who we see regularly who has been responding well to care, they get a covid shot administered, then see us say within 48 hours, and a few days after treatment with us, they have an adverse reaction. The question being in such a scenario, are our indemnity insurance providers going to cover us?

It's all a bit of a mess right now.

Sometimes you learn a small thing or two from the experts who proliferate in the media. I had wondered why the two week wait between the standard flu jab and the COVID jab or vice versa. I had thought it was because taking the two within days of each other might cause a reaction but that is not the reason. It is so that if you have a bad reaction the researchers know which jab is to blame.

Brazil stands in the way of controlling the COVID virus. Bolsonaro has vowed to avoid a lock down at all costs.

Professor Nicolelis said President Bolsonaro was presiding over 'the largest human tragedy in Brazilian history'.
He told the BBC: 'I think that Brazil is not just the epicentre of the pandemic worldwide, it is a threat to the entire effort of the international community to control the pandemic on the planet.
'If Brazil is not under control the planet is not going to be under control.'

Brazil stands in the way of controlling the COVID virus. Bolsonaro has vowed to avoid a lock down at all costs.

Professor Nicolelis said President Bolsonaro was presiding over 'the largest human tragedy in Brazilian history'.
He told the BBC: 'I think that Brazil is not just the epicentre of the pandemic worldwide, it is a threat to the entire effort of the international community to control the pandemic on the planet.

What they're doing to the Amazon is a bigger threat to the planet.

Its just a little flu m7

He needs to be in jail for genocide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back