Roast Club Traitors: the new list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Over the years we've had a few threads about players that were considered traitors by club supporters.

Post the players and the reason for their addition and I will create TEH ULTIMAYT LIST!!!

Some past threads to cut your teeth on:

Luke Ball and Max Hudghton for defecting to the Pies after Lyon pissed them off and helping the Pies beat the Saints in the 2010 GF.

Still love Maxie though....

Luke Ball and Max Hudghton for defecting to the Pies after Lyon pissed them off and helping the Pies beat the Saints in the 2010 GF.

Still love Maxie though....
That's not being a traitor.

I'll go the obvious one from a Melbourne POV: Tom Scully

Lied to an ill Jim Stynes.

Ryder refused to go anywhere but Port completely burnt the club
That's no different to any other player from any club that requests a trade, is it? They nominate their desired club and their old club basically has to make the best deal they can with that club or just go **** themselves. Players have way too much power relative to clubs when it comes to player movement.

Scott Camporeale
Jarrod Waite

Ryan Griffen is a notable one of recent memory.

Yep - I think he lied to Chris Grant, walked out on the club, went pig shooting, refused to take phone calls, nominated a single club and tried to bend us over the barrel.

Now - we had our issues then too.....

Josh Gibson

Jarrod Waite

I feel like it's a bit rough to call older players like that traitors when they're just trying to get an extra year or two to their careers. Similarly, that's why I don't malign Wells for leaving North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Treloar promising the world to GWS. Then just walking out on them. Hope no club ever does this to him

If you heard the Hawthorn crowd on Monday, Issac Smith.
He went to Geelong

Doubt the reception would have been as bad if he went to any other club other than Essendon or Sydney

Jack Higgins.
Supported him through his issues then decided it was too tough to break into our side and took the easy option.

I think thats harsh, once you have already missed out on multiple premierships at a club it would be hard to ever really feel apart of it. For example even if he stays this year and plays in a flag he wouldnt get any credit compared to the player that have played in 3 or 4. I could understand a player leaving in that situation.

Jack Higgins.
Supported him through his issues then decided it was too tough to break into our side and took the easy option.

I never begrudge a player leaving for a longer contract, more money, and/or more opportunities.

I'll go the obvious one from a Melbourne POV: Tom Scully
Lied to an ill Jim Stynes.
Pathetic. The guy actually tried to lift the standard of professionalism at the club from his very first year! How would you feel if a pre season trip to China descended into a drunken junket and a chain smoking idiot with next to no dietary/conditioning aptitude barfed on you!?
What was he meant to say to Stynes anyway? "This club is a pathetic tanking basketcase and I can't wait to see the back of it!"

The guy actually tried to lift the standard of professionalism at the club from his very first year! How would you feel if a pre season trip to China descended into a drunken junket and a chain smoking idiot with next to no dietary/conditioning aptitude barfed on you!?
Hold on a second, that "chain-smoking idiot" is a 3xAA legend of the Melbourne football club.

Being vomited on by Gawnie is the best thing that happened to Scully in his career. He should be grateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back