Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pies took a risk trading out their first rounder last year.
What if Daicos had turned into a 11-20 player or was injured for the year.

I honestly think it’s the only thing they got right over the off-season. He is a massive talent and was always going to go at the top end of the draft. Even if he gets injured, he will still get bidded on early. In recent history both Hollands and King missed their top age year and still went high.

If for some reason he did fall down the draft order, they could trade or use future picks and try get a pick ahead of a Daicos bid as well.

I would much rather have done what Collingwood have done than what we did with Polec and the Thomas bid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We still have a spare cat B rookie spot (Currently only McGuinness)

May as well use on whoever we think has a high ceiling it as it’s a free hit and minimal base wage

Yeah I saw someone tweet under it that we should take him as a cat B

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Possibly you’re right, but it’s no certainty which makes it different to the Daicos scenario. With McCartin playing back and with Reid and Franklin coming to the end, they would have been desperate for a key forward. They have a really good young list of mids coming through and they were also bringing in Gulden as well. Again I honestly think they might have passed on Campbell and gone with McDonald.

I can’t remember exactly but I think Campbell only averaged 10 possies.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Because we didn’t think he was best available.

There was a good chance Sydney may have passed on him as well, if they rated McDonald higher. I think most clubs would have rated McDonald higher than Campbell. The pies situation is different as there is no way they would pass on Daicos with where there first pick sits.

Tyere is a good chance Campbell, not Phillips, is the best mid in the draft tho.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tyere is a good chance Campbell, not Phillips, is the best mid in the draft tho.

Based off what, Campbell’s 3 games in a winning side and Phillips 1 game losing by 130 points?
It would be interesting to see how each player would be tracking if they were playing for opposite teams. There is no doubt Campbell could turn out better but I can’t see how you can come to the conclusion that it is a “good chance.”

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Fitt is another name to look out for in the league game, kid has some spark and could be a mid-season option if he has a strong league year.
A6BF1423-0CFE-4FFB-8927-2D13978C5800.jpeg

He ended up kicking 4, FYI.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Based off what, Campbell’s 3 games in a winning side and Phillips 1 game losing by 130 points?
It would be interesting to see how each player would be tracking if they were playing for opposite teams. There is no doubt Campbell could turn out better but I can’t see how you can come to the conclusion that it is a “good chance.”

It could equally be Tom Powell that turns out to be the best mid from the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back