Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to put this... and apologies if it's already been posted somewhere else and I've missed it. I thought there was a thread for ex-Dees players somewhere, but only can only the "recent delistings" one, which seems primarily to feature where ex-Dees players are still playing football.

In my memory Rod Owen had played more than one season with us, but anyway:

Sad story of a great talent that was only seen in very brief flashes due to all of his understandable problems. Hope he has found some peace now and goes from strength to strength.

It's really weird how good Melbourne comes off in that story in comparison to St Kilda, because: a) We've had our own player problems from that era, though mostly gambling related? and, b) We really didn't perform much better than the Saints.
Thanks for sharing. Just lost an hour reading it. What could have been for Rod. Pathetic by the saints.

Any chance you are a telstra customer who had access to telstra live pass? They get kayo for $5 a month to compensate for live pass's end. I have foxtel so I don't need kayo but $25 is pretty good anyways, especially considering the masters are on this week, footy seasons in full swing and the NBA up and running. Free to air is yucky, foxtel really should reduce prices.
My mobile is with telstra, does that apply?

I reckon Tmac will be third winger when the others come in. Running machine, can drift back and forward to help. Works perfect as a rotation for Gus and Langdon

Yep. He would have started there if it weren’t for injuries.

I’d be wary of T Mac on a wing just because he’s such a poor field kick and decision maker. Would prefer to keep trying Gus there tbh.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think he'd be really good as that outlet kick and he could drift back and help in defence.

I’d be wary of T Mac on a wing just because he’s such a poor field kick and decision maker. Would prefer to keep trying Gus there tbh.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rotation option mate, he can drift back to help the defence or drift forward for a mismatch. Wings don't have to be the ones who kick it inside

Besides Brayshaw and Langdon aren't exactly Sam Mitchell

Jackson is way better below his knees than McDonald. For a game style like ours, we can’t be too top heavy.

McDonald out unless he kicks a bag in the next week or two.

Agree with that, got my fingers crossed the coaches don't go too tall at the expense of our role players when we get the full compliment to choose from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson is better below his knees but he doesn't have the endurance of TMac to get up and down the ground yet.

I loved TMac starting on the wing in 2017&18 before Hogan went down. He's moving well this year so can't see why it couldnt work.

Fixture in for couple of weeks after ANZAC round.

North v Melbourne in Tassie - Sunday 1:10
Melbourne v Sydney at MCG - Saturday 7:25
pretty fair timeslots tbh

I thought Melbourne v Sydney would potentially be a Friday night but you can't complain with the GF remtach being scheduled on the Friday night insteed

pretty fair timeslots tbh

I thought Melbourne v Sydney would potentially be a Friday night but you can't complain with the GF remtach being scheduled on the Friday night insteed

Yeah I'm happy enough with it. Although it would be nice if the Showdown was on Thursday to give both games some clear air.

Yeah I'm happy enough with it. Although it would be nice if the Showdown was on Thursday to give both games some clear air.
the Showdown should be on a prime time spot on FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back