Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Thursday April 8 @ SCG - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, think that's the most likely scenario. Don't think McInerney deserves it tbh, but tough for spots. We have made the call to drop Blakey previously, don't know if we will again. I'd also love to see Stephens and Ling get a crack, even Hayward deserves another chance if he's been putting the effort in, so if anyone needs to be managed, I'd prefer this week off the 5 day break, then load up for Giants, Suns, Cats. Would never rest players just for the sake of it, and the Bombers looked better, but it would make sense now if anyone might need it over the next few weeks.

Rowbottom and buddy only in’s this week imo

Most likely for jmac and McLean
Should be Blakey imo but there obviously waiting for him to do special things

It’s funny, just a week ago Essendon were being talked about as competition for North Melbourne for the spoon. Not that I bought into that, norf are their own special level of awful, but the turnaround is huge given how nervous they have some of us after beating a pretty average Saints team.

We should win and that’s the scary part. This is definitely a new challenge and will test our maturity. The Richmond game was so commanding and it’s got me believing in the group and believing that they won’t be lulled into any false sense of security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. We are going to have let downs as a young side no doubt but if it is this week against them then what we seen Saturday was a giant illusion.

Saints were witches hats.

It’s funny, just a week ago Essendon were being talked about as competition for North Melbourne for the spoon. Not that I bought into that, norf are their own special level of awful, but the turnaround is huge given how nervous they have some of us after beating a pretty average Saints team.

We should win and that’s the scary part. This is definitely a new challenge and will test our maturity. The Richmond game was so commanding and it’s got me believing in the group and believing that they won’t be lulled into any false sense of security.

yeah ... and it is a bit scary ... but ...

y
Got to say it’s a better topic of discussion than what I thought we’d be talking about.

Based on the feeling around here we could easily be talking about hopefully getting our first win of the season and looking ahead at maybe being 3-3 after 6 rounds if Buddy can get back on the park.

The start of this season still doesn’t feel completely real to me in a lot of ways. It’s such a spectacular turnaround that I’m still surprised by how we’re playing each week.

yeah ... and everyone else thinks it's scary ...

Have have there best ruck and mid out also if sheil is better than Merrett that is
Merrett is our best mid, Shiel second best (or second worst according to a couple).

Parish is better than both I reckon. If we had a choice of who I would pick for the Swans anyway.
Parish is 4th, at best. Shiel, Merrett and McGrath are all definitely better.

Wouldn’t mind swapping Blakey with Campbell this week. Frees Campbell up and gets Blakey behind the ball where he will find it easier and his kicking can still be used as a weapon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way I see them troubling us is there height up front but pretty sure 2mp is now rucking
We just need to keep all their players honest & force them to show us respect. The Tigers didn't, the Saints didn't with the Bombers. So if we get ahead of ourselves & drop off the pressure a little then anything can happen.
I feel we won't do tgat. We are well drilled & the coaches have done their homework on each of our opponents thus far.
The best part Punts is that this group are carrying out full instruction & we are overwhelming teams.
Lions away & Tigers away is impressive so I am confident for this game.

In: Lance
Out McLean
Bell omitted

BacksHarry CunninghamDane RampeBraeden Campbell
Half BacksJordan DawsonTom McCartinJake Lloyd
CentrelineOllie FlorentLuke ParkerNick Blakey
Half ForwardsIsaac HeeneyLogan McDonaldSam Wicks
ForwardsTom PapleyLance FranklinSam Reid
FollowersTom HickeyCallum MillsJosh Kennedy
InterchangeGeorge HewettChad WarnerJustin McInerney
Errol Gulden
EmergenciesJames BellWill HaywardLewis Melican
Callum Sinclair

In: Heppell

Happy with that.

McLean very stiff but someone was gonna be. Glad McInerney gets another chance, reckon he can slice up Essendon.

Sounds like Rowbottom's injury is causing him some grief. Lucky he didn't play an entire game with it :rolleyes:

Or perhaps since we are going well and don't desperately need him the coaches and medical staff have just chosen to be extra careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back