Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
The Roar delivers again with some more quality salt. Twice in a week what a privilege

Richmond in the last 4 years have found a way to be the benchmark. Have no doubt they will be thereabouts again this year. However it’s extremely boring to have one team dominate for too long. Could not wait for Hawthorn to get beaten after their four in a row. I am assuming the sentiment especially for opposition fans is getting to the same. My gut says they will fall short this year but again if you write a team off especially so early in the season they have a habit of proving you wrong. Give Richmond the respect they deserve, try very hard to ignore their arrogant fans and to respect their humble ones. I hope for the competition’s sake a new premier will be crowned this year.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Here you go some quality salt

Needs to apply the same analysis to the Hawks era... clearly not the best team in '08 and then missed the finals in '09. Good in '12, racking up easy wins against a shocking bottom five but losing regularly to other finalists (including the GF) and a 12th placed Richmond. Really good in '13, but lost two games to Geelong and scraped home against them in the prelim after Geelong choked, and then barely outplayed a stage-fright riddled Freo in the GF. Lost five games to finalists in 2014, finished equal top with two other teams, then just held on against Port in the prelim again before playing Sydney in Melbourne. In '15 they finished 3rd on the ladder, losing to chump sides including GWS and Essendon, lost a final, had West Coast lay down in the GF.

It's quite easy to "analyse". Firstly, highlight the losses - against non-finalists to show how crap they really were and against finalists to show how they weren't that far ahead. Then find a few close wins and put it down to the other team choking and not the team in question just winning.

Masotiger

All Australian
Feb 12, 2020
Pod Mosto Drvo
AFL Club
Richmond
Rendell "we wouldah wun" Salt.
20210407_172720.jpg

Delicious.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
View attachment 1096329
Delicious.

in reality we woulda been extremely pissed we had to play the ultimate minnow rather than a big club for extra merch sales

pies woulda choked so hard. i think we would've beaten them 89 as well

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 1096329
Delicious.
And I've got no doubt that Collingwood dodged a bullet not having to play us in the 2019 GF. Their Qual Final vs the Eagles last year was a really similar slogfest to their 2019 Prelim against the Giants, and look what happened to them the following week against Geelong. The Pies had nothing more to give after either of these matches - we'd haver broken them like we broke the Crows and Giants.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
By all media reports the Swans just won the 2021 premiership. Guess all other clubs better start preseason for 2022. 🥺
I cannot understand why none of these media analysts, some of whom were actually there at the G last Saturday (because I saw them there!), have grasped that the Richmond high pressure game style fell away primarily due to it being 35 friggin degrees. It's not an excuse - I care little if the media get it right or not - it's a reason. It was hot, Australian Open tennis hot. If the rest of the AFL clubs npw decide to plan a game style to take us down based upon it being that hot for the rest of the season, good luck to them.

Last edited:

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 1096329
Delicious.
Since 2015 Richmond have gone WWLWWWWLLWD against the Pies. Two losses at the end of 2018 and start of 2019 are the basis of his claim, but not our record before or the win after. Mason Cox has kicked 11 goals in six games and had the best game of his career in the 18 prelim but has rarely approached that level before or after. Mihocek has kicked seven goals in five games. Bloody hell, in round 2 2019 we had Mav Weller in the side! FFS!

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
Needs to apply the same analysis to the Hawks era... clearly not the best team in '08 and then missed the finals in '09. Good in '12, racking up easy wins against a shocking bottom five but losing regularly to other finalists (including the GF) and a 12th placed Richmond. Really good in '13, but lost two games to Geelong and scraped home against them in the prelim after Geelong choked, and then barely outplayed a stage-fright riddled Freo in the GF. Lost five games to finalists in 2014, finished equal top with two other teams, then just held on against Port in the prelim again before playing Sydney in Melbourne. In '15 they finished 3rd on the ladder, losing to chump sides including GWS and Essendon, lost a final, had West Coast lay down in the GF.

It's quite easy to "analyse". Firstly, highlight the losses - against non-finalists to show how crap they really were and against finalists to show how they weren't that far ahead. Then find a few close wins and put it down to the other team choking and not the team in question just winning.
U & Port weren't great sides during thier era but both had little trouble beating them in that time, last yr aside they haven't been able to hold a candle to us during our era.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
View attachment 1096329
Delicious.
I have always thought whoever got through that was in trouble, that last 15mins was perfect for us & both sides were well & truly out on thier feet by the end. He also said the Dees can "absolutely win the flag", they have played 14th, 16th & 17th thus far...

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
And I've got no doubt that Collingwood dodged a bullet not having to play us in the 2019 GF. Their Qual Final vs the Eagles last year was a really similar slogfest to their 2019 Prelim against the Giants, and look what happened to them the following week against Geelong. The Pies had nothing more to give after either of these matches - we'd haver broken them like we broke the Crows and Giants.
U are really struggling if Geelong are smashing you in Finals

STRUGGLETOWN EST1885

The reward is in the grind
Jun 28, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I cannot understand why none of these media analysts, some of whom were actually there at the G last Saturday (because I saw them there!), have grasped that the Richmond high pressure game style fell away primarily due to it being 35 friggin degrees. It's not an excuse - I care little if the media get it right or not - it's a reason. It was hot, Australian Open tennis hot. If the rest of the AFL clubs npw decide to plan a game style to take us down based upon it being that hot for the rest of the season, good luck to them.
I thought the same. Let's see what happens in winter when the rain comes and it's wet weather footy. Our game goes to another level then.

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
gold thread from 2016

too much gold nuggets in there to post. do yourself a favour

btw rip john seed

Masotiger

All Australian
Feb 12, 2020
Pod Mosto Drvo
AFL Club
Richmond
I have always thought whoever got through that was in trouble, that last 15mins was perfect for us & both sides were well & truly out on thier feet by the end. He also said the Dees can "absolutely win the flag", they have played 14th, 16th & 17th thus far...
This.

Strange Rendell would say that because he has been on the Tiger Train for some time. GWS did Collingwood a favour. The victory would've been so much sweeter. BTW, we smashed Collingwood in Rd19 2019 (I think we were a man down as Cotchin did a hammy in the 1st quarter), would've done the same in the GF.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
gold thread from 2016

too much gold nuggets in there to post. do yourself a favour

btw rip john seed
Lmao John Seed. didnt he suicide rather than get killed off by mods? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.