Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
What i find baffling (apart from the hate and the calls to delist a 12 game player that averages 18 possessions. Your all insane!) is that he starts the 3rd qr on the bench.
So he was that buggered after a half an hour break?
And no putting him in the middle in the last? We were getting smashed.
A 15 minute break + the 3/4 time break wasn't enough?
It's not fitness.

We didnt put him in the middle in the last when we were getting smashed because he has no defensive game, they were running it out at pace and he wouldn't have been able to go with them so wouldnt have helped and would have possibly made it worse, and yes his tank is a problem, always has been, Scott has confirmed this in the past so he may very well have been fatigued. Seems to come out hard then hit a brick wall at a million miles an hour.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
We didnt put him in the middle in the last when we were getting smashed because he has no defensive game, they were running it out at pace and he wouldn't have been able to go with them so wouldnt have helped and would have possibly made it worse, and yes his tank is a problem, always has been, Scott has confirmed this in the past so he may very well have been fatigued. Seems to come out hard then hit a brick wall at a million miles an hour.
Even if just one part of that is correct why then is he even considered for selection?

Even if just one part of that is correct why then is he even considered for selection?

Player availablity or lack there of...

Dangerfield & Rohan are suspended, while Simpson, Menegola & Stephens unavailable due to injury, and added to that list now are Evans & Higgins. We're also missing a couple of talls in Cameron & Ratugolea who currently dealing with their own injuries

If we then look at others on the senior list who've played matches, we've got
- Zuthrie who's been given a chance both in the 22 & as sub
- Narkle seems to have been very quiet over the pre-season & outside of the first VFL practice match I haven't heard him mentioned in write-ups for our next 2 matches
- Close has played 1 VFL practice match on a comeback from injury
- or we look at taller options in Jarvis, Fort & Jenkins, though one of them probably should get a look in while Cameron is injured

We're kinda missing a few players at the moment, and Constable happened to be one of the more experienced options available

He may get games while others are unavailable, but as players start to return from suspensions or recovery from their injuries, he may start to find it harder to make the cut

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
What i find baffling (apart from the hate and the calls to delist a 12 game player that averages 18 possessions. Your all insane!) is that he starts the 3rd qr on the bench.
It's not fitness.
Lmfao you really do like to be the agitator on this board

It's not fitness.

Does it make it better or worse if he's sitting on the bench not due to fitness reasons but rather because the coaches don't always have a role for him come late in the match or don't trust the defensive side to his game?

He hadn't picked up a clearances to 3/4 time, so in the last when Hawthorn was getting on top, can't really blame the coaches for backing in the guys who had either been getting first hands on the ball or those who'd been laying tackles to limit the impact of the opposition

Exactly. You can't just throw the most unfit player in the AFL out there.
Surely we have a player somewhere that can run out half a game.
We can go can back to Zuth

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Does it make it better or worse if he's sitting on the bench not due to fitness reasons but rather because the coaches don't always have a role for him come late in the match or don't trust the defensive side to his game?

He hadn't picked up a clearances to 3/4 time, so in the last when Hawthorn was getting on top, can't really blame the coaches for backing in the guys who had either been getting first hands on the ball or those who'd been laying tackles to limit the impact of the opposition
I accept this reason far more. At least it makes sense.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
It's not fitness.

The old adage 'if you think it's everyone else, it's probably you', probably rings true here.

I posted this elsewhere, but kinda wonder if similar could be said for Constable in regards to his style of play versus that of Worpel

AFL 2021: The winners and losers under league’s new playing rules
It’s been a game-changer, but the AFL’s new rules have also had a dramatic effect on the AFL player stockmarket. So who is rising and who is falling?

Fallers
JAMES WORPEL (Hawthorn):
The Hawks are operating with Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O’Meara and Chad Wingard as their first-choice centre-bounce set-up, so Worpel is the odd man out. Is yet to register more than 17 touches, after averaging almost 27 without Mitchell in 2019. Alastair Clarkson likes versatility in his men, but Worpel’s been an inside midfielder all the way through.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
But maybe not. Noones calling for Zuthrie to be cut off the list when we'd rather put a player out on the ground who's so grossly unfit he must've been smoking 2 packs of ciggies and playing World of Warcraft 23 hours a day in the pre-season.

But maybe not. Noones calling for Zuthrie to be cut off the list when we'd rather put a player out on the ground who's so grossly unfit he must've been smoking 2 packs of ciggies a day and playing World of Warcraft 23 hours a day in the pre-season.

Pretty sure there's been plenty of calls for Zuth to be delisted from the time the Auskick kid was drafted

During and since round 1 there's been calls to delist him - and that's not waiting until the end of the season to delist him

With Constable it seems people are actually more willing to at least allow him to play out this season in the VFL, and acknowledging that at this stage it's unlikely he'll be on the list next season

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure there's been plenty of calls for Zuth to be delisted from the time the Auskick kid was drafted

During and since round 1 there's been calls to delist him - and that's not waiting until the end of the season to delist him

With Constable it seems people are actually more willing to at least allow him to play out this season in the VFL, and acknowledging that at this stage it's unlikely he'll be on the list next season
Ahh fair enough. I haven't seen much of the Zuthrie bashing this year TBH.
I'm not against him BTW. There's something possibly there. Maybe.

He’s the anti constable. Can’t get near it in the first half, and starts getting some touches in the 2nd half. The opposite of chook. Maybe we just ask the afl if they can play a half each and we might have one useful guy.
So, we go with Constable in the starting 22 and Zuth as the sub

At halftime we have to sub out Constable for some medical reason, one in which he'll magically recover from in time for the next week, and in his place we bring Zuth

Rinse & repeat every week

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Im confused... Do you actually like Constable or Not because you seem to be playing both sides!!
Nah I like him so far.
I am just sceptical on how unfit he's meant to be.
If he's as unfit as you all say I find it hard to believe they'd consider giving him a game.
Or drafting him.
Or that it was even possible to come through the U/18 system.
If your right we're a insanely irresponsible club.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
So, we go with Constable in the starting 22 and Zuth as the sub

At halftime we have to sub out Constable for some medical reason, one in which he'll magically recover from in time for the next week, and in his place we bring Zuth

Rinse & repeat every week
Maybe we could get Zuthrie to eat half of Constable and they'd both be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back