2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Lennon Marlin? Nice penetrating disposal out of defence.
Played a game of amateurs with Lennon once. He cooked his ankle, kept playing and booted six without even trying and several from outside 50 haha.

obviously the level was very average but looked like someone with some AFL traits in terms of skill

And it’s in Yanchep for some reason.
Taking the game as far North as possible

Entry is free and it’s being pushed by the club (WP) considerably (know this due to the girls footy otherwise I’d have NFI)

1617573227314.png

I'm not sure what numbers they have on it but surely every side playing the Beagles is getting a worthwhile spike in crowd numbers which is hopefully turning into revenue across the gate, catering and bar.

Plenty of blue and gold in the crowd at the 3(?) games I've attended. Certainly the catering folks have all been under significant pressure for the duration of the games.

No point giving the purples a stand alone WAFL side. They barely get a crowd to the AFL side and half of what shows up are Freagles anyway

AFL WATCH

disclaimer - these are views of a Perth journalist so should be taken in context .

Jake Waterman - Mixed his time between playing forward and on a wing . Was at his best in attack , finishing with two goals from 10 kicks .

Callum Jamieson - Led hard all game and competed well , but still looks to be getting back into the swing of things after returning from injury .

Isiah Winder - When West Coast were pushing , Winder was at the forefront , kicking three if his five goals late in the third term . Got better as the game went on and was his side's best .

Xavier O'Neill - Responded to being dropped from the AFL with 31 touches and four inside 50's to be one of the Eagles best . Should replace Luke Shuey , who's hamstrung again .

Brayden Ainsworth - Collected 24 disposals and was always in and around the ball , but his kicking let him down again . ( Improve kicking and he is a gun player )

Luke Foley - An incredible first half saw him collect 17 touches , 16 of those kicks , from half-back . Finished with 24 disposals and looks ready for a call up .

Nathan Vardy - The ruckman was dominant in the middle of the ground and had a big impact up forward , booting four goals . Pushing for an AFL recall .

Ben Johnson - Put in plenty of effort off half- back and as always used the ball well . Did his best to compete against bigger bodies.

Luke Edwards - Showed off his aerobic capacity to cover plenty of ground and used the ball smartly .Not as prominent as recent weeks .

Zane Trew - A great performance . Had a great mix of attack , with 24 disposals , and defence , with 10 tackles . A chance to replace Shuey as well .

Harry Edwards - Once Fraser McInnes went down with injury , the big defender was a dominant force . Was hard to stop in the contest and too nine marks on defence .

Alex Witherden - Collected plenty of touches off half-back and was neat with his disposal, but was reported for striking in the third quarter and is waiting for the Match Review verdict .

Good performances all round .

There's an ad of Noah Balta advertising a protein shake and something he notes on there is that he gained 8 kgs in his first season a lone. On the weekend it looked like we were Sheltering Jamieson from the ruck. Like I don't expect him to put on that much overnight but with covid and no wafl, last season would have been the perfect opportunity for him to build a lot of muscle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair point but he could have at least attended a few bounces. Neither the Perth ruckmen were goliaths
Nothing like getting thrown into a car crash just after you heal, a ruck contest is a ruck contest, its s**t either way

Tried to watch the first quarter, but after Fraser McInnes, the guy who couldn’t get more than ten AFL games after 8 years on our list made us look stupid by kicking 3 goals I thought it wasn’t worth watching the rest. 😫

Tried to watch the first quarter, but after Fraser McInnes, the guy who couldn’t get more than ten AFL games after 8 years on our list made us look stupid by kicking 3 goals I thought it wasn’t worth watching the rest. 😫

Was actually a really good game of football.

He kicked 2 didn't he? One of them from an out on the full free kick.

Good wafl wrap on the WC site with Brayshaw and some other bloke. Great get keeping Brayshaw at the club as captain and some media projects. He is well liked by the players and would make it easier being dropped to a reserve side with good culture. Think we could make finals with the depth we have.

Hmm Fmac the type of player you expect to dominate at this level.

Good wafl wrap on the WC site with Brayshaw and some other bloke. Great get keeping Brayshaw at the club as captain and some media projects. He is well liked by the players and would make it easier being dropped to a reserve side with good culture. Think we could make finals with the depth we have.

Yes, Hammer is good in the media. Got a future there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back