Oppo Camp Atu Bosenavulagi (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

There are plenty more players we can cull before Atu. He will cost the minimum and warrants another year from his first game alone.
I would also be disappointed if he was cut, without VFL this year...development will be hampered. Deserves at least another year to show something more.

Not sure how many we have to cut, but thereplenty of others that we can retire, trade for picks or delist.Reid, Dunn, Varcoe, Beams and Langdon to retire.Trade/delist Wills, Shaz, Stephenson...not sure what the views are on the Irish but again harsh to delist any developing players when there was no competition to test them against this year.

Its not Atu vs someone else on our list, it's Atu vs a kid we can take with pick 40 or 50 in this mysterious draft.

Id rather take a punt on a new kid tbh, Atu has a low ceiling for me and doesn't look like a goal kicker
Atu is very new to the game having picked it up at 14 I believe. I 100% would stick with Atu and get a kid in the 50s and just cut someone else.

I would also be disappointed if he was cut, without VFL this year...development will be hampered. Deserves at least another year to show something more.

Not sure how many we have to cut, but thereplenty of others that we can retire, trade for picks or delist.Reid, Dunn, Varcoe, Beams and Langdon to retire.Trade/delist Wills, Shaz, Stephenson...not sure what the views are on the Irish but again harsh to delist any developing players when there was no competition to test them against this year.
So, you want to keep ATU but trade Stephenson, are you sure

So, you want to keep ATU but trade Stephenson, are you sure
Yeah, I don’t rate Stephenson. But even if you do, look at their relative values, cost and output it can make sense to trade with that as context. We can cash Stephenson in and get some picks of value to plug holes that we have on our list (ie Key position), we’d also save cap space. Atu, has limited value on the open market, and I think he deserves another year to show his value.

Yeah, I don’t rate Stephenson. But even if you do, look at their relative values, cost and output it can make sense to trade with that as context. We can cash Stephenson in and get some picks of value to plug holes that we have on our list (ie Key position), we’d also save cap space. Atu, has limited value on the open market, and I think he deserves another year to show his value.

If we were able to get a quality forward I would make that sacrifice, but I just can't let Stepho go just yet, he could be anything

If you amend that to a kid we can take at a Marley-esque 105 in the draft, that’s probably closer to the mark. We have an abundance of players needing to be retired or delisted. Atu is worth keeping as he has room for development and is on minimum chips. Pretty hard to score with really late picks this year, with minimal junior footy to go by for scouting.
Conversely, with less scouting it might be harder for clubs to separate in their mind mid-to-late draft talents. Someone that elevates their game from what they showed in 2019 might end up being a steal at a late draft pick, and it wouldn’t surprise me if clubs particularly recruit and compete for talent on physical attributes (KP, speed) rather than talent this year. Might be a good time to go against the wisdom of the crowd.

I was one of the lucky few to watch Atu’s debut live this year, and what a cracking game it was.

Unfortunately he failed to regain those lofty heights in the other few games he played. Nevertheless we got glimpses of what he’s capable of and am sorry to see him go.

Yeah, our forward line sucked in 2020, but to lose two young talented players In Stephenson and Atu out of it? Hmmm, curious time see what happens next for our forward line.

This 1 hurts the most for me, I was really optimistic about the footballer he could become so really sad to see him depart. Good luck to him at the Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't really have anyone like Atu on our list currently. As seen with the tigs and Bulter at the saints sides really benefit from a pressure forward who can lock the footy in. While I think he has scope to be more providing that pressure is his strength at the moment.

With more opportunity available at NM and likely a longer deal it's smart move for Atu. Good luck to him.

If he does well then it will be the final day in the coffin - 4 good payers traded for bugger all.
Of all the players traded, I think Treloar was the only player we miss (size of contract aside). Atu was worth keeping for at least another year if we had the choice.

Good on him. Club could’ve tried him down back before making the call on him. But even so, was not likely to get a game for Collingwood down back anytime soon.

Hopefully strings together some games for the Kangaroos
Yeah, would have been worse trying to get a role in our backline.

I think we gave up on him too soon.He only had three senior games for us last year,as far as I can recall.One game against Hawthorn where he looked very promising,then two games against good sides in Geelong and West Coast in Perth,where he looked a little overwhelmed.Unfortunately he was never picked again.so we never got to see what he was capable of.I think a three game sample is way too small a sample to make a judgement call on a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back