Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be (and needs to be) left on the sidelines for at least the first month now. Totally not worth the risk to rush him back.

Thankfully, that is what they will do.
Even put him back an extra week if need be.
We go 2-2 or even 1-3, it's not panic stations. Lose Cameron again though, Hawkins simply won't be able to do it himself, not at his age now.

My mate just spoke to Sean Simpson. Sam did a quad at training a few weeks ago. His shoulder is good but he's only just started running in straight lines so he's a few weeks off yet.

My mate just spoke to Sean Simpson. Sam did a quad at training a few weeks ago. His shoulder is good but he's only just started running in straight lines so he's a few weeks off yet.
Thats very disappointing.

Get him right - we need his class

GO CAtters

Not great, but we have the time and space to get him cherry ripe. I'm sure he'll be demanding his spot back soon enough

This is the actual message from Sean.

'No Sammy today, he stained a quad during the week. 2 week injury apparently..... which will make it hard to be ready for round one.

'He just ran in straight lines..../ a few weeks off yet'

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I hate when they say TBC why not say 10 weeks at least then you know just forget about them for 3mths..and someone said Simpson said on K-Rock he will be back in 2-3 weeks yet he is TBC

I hate when they say TBC why not say 10 weeks at least then you know just forget about them for 3mths

maybe they just don't know how long Ratugolea will be out

when the injury occurred a month or so ago they initially thought nothing was wrong, just a saw leg as scans showed nothing wrong. It was when his leg was still sore & not getting better that scans then showed a fracture at the site of his old fracture

So this probably is just a waiting game to see how it heals, how long it takes and what they need to do

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
maybe they just don't know how long Ratugolea will be out

when the injury occurred a month or so ago they initially thought nothing was wrong, just a saw leg as scans showed nothing wrong. It was when his leg was still sore & not getting better that scans then showed a fracture at the site of his old fracture

So this probably is just a waiting game to see how it heals, how long it takes and what they need to do
Yeah today Evans and Higgins are listed as TBC

Yeah today Evans and Higgins are listed as TBC

Maybe no scans yet or waiting on results?

If Evans is a Syndesmosis injury then it depends on the treatment route - with surgery it may be between 5 - 8 weeks, without surgery it could be 12+ weeks

10 years ago we used to get timely injury news from the club.

Then they outsourced it to the Addy with a few days delay.

Then K-Rock would report on surgery that occurred three weeks ago.

Now it’s text messages from relatives of the club posted on BigFooty as the cutting edge source.

10 years ago we used to get timely injury news from the club.

Then they outsourced it to the Addy with a few days delay.

Then K-Rock would report on surgery that occurred three weeks ago.

Now it’s text messages from relatives of the club posted on BigFooty as the cutting edge source.
I thought it was a case of just having no injuries...

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
So they've finally admitted Simpson has a quad injury.

No.
They released the medical diagnosis of a player in the public domain which in reality they don't have to do.

What other jobs to do you have to release to the general public your medical history and diagnosis and give a timeframe on when you'll recover.

The way some people get a bee in the bonnet over the club not telling us what's wrong with a player and god forbid not getting the time frame for recovery right if they do, is laughable and pathetic.

In truth, the club doesn't have to tell us jack both on the injury and recovery.

I would love it if the club (any club in fact) would just say player x is unavailable for selection because he's not right and you'll know he's okay to play when we name him in the team.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
No.
They released the medical diagnosis of a player in the public domain which in reality they don't have to do.

What other jobs to do you have to release to the general public your medical history and diagnosis and give a timeframe on when you'll recover.

The way some people get a bee in the bonnet over the club not telling us what's wrong with a player and god forbid not getting the time frame for recovery right if they do, is laughable and pathetic.

In truth, the club doesn't have to tell us jack both on the injury and recovery.

I would love it if the club (any club in fact) would just say player x is unavailable for selection because he's not right and you'll know he's okay to play when we name him in the team.

I guess some of us prefer the days when.the club engaged with its supporters, rather than fobbing them off.

Doesn't mean they released precise info, but it did mean they kept the supporters informed, to some extent, and made them feel valued as part of the GFC community.

Now, it's a bit to much like a 'give us your money and p*ss off' attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back