List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This Kristof vs. Vader thing is a real battle of the titans.

View attachment 1096232

- O'Connor won't get delisted
- Fogarty isn't on his last chance saloon
There's a sweep running on how many pages it will take for one of them to convince the other over to their way of thinking...

Right now the hot money is on Infinite pages!

Pretty much how I see it

There's inevitably going to be one or two 19yo overagers who take the NAB League by storm. These will be the grand prizes of the mid-season draft, and will likely be taken in the first couple of picks. Given our form at present, I'd argue we probably won't have a pick in that range. Otherwise, the majority of picks will probably be used on mature-age guys (as they were in 2019 - Snelling, Pickett, Sutcliffe, Deluca, Noble etc)

I can really only see us taking one selection in the mid-season draft, even with three list spot openings, in order to give us more flexibility at the end of the year. And it'll be a mature ager in a position of need
Why not take a free hit?? If we have 3 spots open, take all 3 and if they aren’t up too it then we delist them. It’s harsh and sad for a player but that’s the industry we are in. We could end up with a gem at no cost

Why not take a free hit?? If we have 3 spots open, take all 3 and if they aren’t up too it then we delist them. It’s harsh and sad for a player but that’s the industry we are in. We could end up with a gem at no cost
I suspect that we will be keeping a very close eye on Freitag. Poort Pear already have three quality ruckman but a few interstate teams will be trawling the lower leagues for a ready to go ruckman. It is a bit premature after one SANFL game but he did look very good.

There's a sweep running on how many pages it will take for one of them to convince the other over to their way of thinking...

Right now the hot money is on Infinite pages!
Lol, fair enough.

Vader has gotten a lot wrong here over the years - but at this point it's just opinion.

I would be incredibly disappointed if the club thought their rebuild was mostly done, and we didn't go deeply into this year's draft. But time will tell.

Vader has gotten a lot wrong here over the years - but at this point it's just opinion.
I've got a lot right too. Hang around here long enough, you're going to make a few calls that don't come to pass - amongst the many that do.
I would be incredibly disappointed if the club thought their rebuild was mostly done, and we didn't go deeply into this year's draft. But time will tell.
I don't think the rebuild is finished, but we've reached the point where we have so many youngsters on our list now that we can't really cut any more deeply.

When you look at our list, there's not a lot of dead wood left. Mackay & Davis will be gone this year. Jones is still contracted (yes, I'm giving up on him). What other "dead wood" players do we have? I know you're keen to get rid of Lynch, Kelly & Seed, but none of these are dead wood players.

If we look at the players who have been on our list longest, and have yet to cement themselves in the best 22, then we're looking at:
  • Elliott Himmelberg (2016 ND)
  • Ben Davis (2016 ND)
  • Darcy Fogarty (2017 ND)
  • Chayce Jones (2018 ND)
  • Kieran Strachan (2018 RD)
Logic says that the longer you remain on the list, without establishing yourself in the best 22, the greater your chances of being delisted...

One of my work colleagues is really close friends with Izak Rankine

2 things

1) He has zero interest in returning to Adelaide

2) Apparently Kane Cornes made a comment about him on the weekend, and when he found out it ****ed with his head.

I've got a lot right too. Hang around here long enough, you're going to make a few calls that don't come to pass - amongst the many that do.

I don't think the rebuild is finished, but we've reached the point where we have so many youngsters on our list now that we can't really cut any more deeply.

When you look at our list, there's not a lot of dead wood left. Mackay & Davis will be gone this year. Jones is still contracted (yes, I'm giving up on him). What other "dead wood" players do we have? I know you're keen to get rid of Lynch, Kelly & Seed, but none of these are dead wood players.

If we look at the players who have been on our list longest, and have yet to cement themselves in the best 22, then we're looking at:
  • Elliott Himmelberg (2016 ND)
  • Ben Davis (2016 ND)
  • Darcy Fogarty (2017 ND)
  • Chayce Jones (2018 ND)
  • Kieran Strachan (2018 RD)
Logic says that the longer you remain on the list, without establishing yourself in the best 22, the greater your chances of being delisted...
With us picking Tilly last year, surely we need to make a call on either Himmelberg or Frampton. We can only keep one. Also I think Mcrouch should be allowed to leave because of the youth coming through. Keep Talia but I’m not really sure what to do with Seedsman. He’s so hot and cold and gets injured a lot as well, if he doesn’t accept a 1 year deal or performance contract, he should leave

2 things

2) Apparently Kane Cornes made a comment about him on the weekend, and when he found out it ****ed with his head.
Cornes was actually right with his comment imo and I've agreed since he debut. He's always trying to do rockstar stuff. He just needs to play footy without trying to be flashy all the time. It will come better naturally.

2 things

Don't want if Kornes can * with his head... ;)

I can't find a convenient place where someone has compiled all of the contracts we are currently paying out and for how much longer to spuds no longer on our list.

No, that's not correct. I don't think you have gotten anything right, despite the near impossible odds of that being the case.

let me explain, you've long been outed at as a 'screen scraper' someone who doesn't watch games but pulls together the opinions of others. that's not been in doubt for years.

however, that's not the reason I'm pulling you up as someone who hasn't gotten things right. the fact is, and it is a fact, that you have NEVER backed a player to make it. you don't ever watch a player, and see something in them. never, ever. what you have a reputation for is a ludicrous pecking order, where you play the odds of late picks not making it. anyone on the fringes won't make it, and frankly a magic eight ball can play those odds.

got a high ranking draftee struggling, pile on, play the odds that they're a bust.

when I say you don't go early and predict a player will be good, I don't mean you not gotten one of these right - but you've not gotten one wrong either. you literally only ever weigh in on struggling players, playing the odds, screen scraping the pile on, and declaring they won't make it.

that's not making calls, that's the opposite. screen scraping is not having an opinion. if you don't watch anyone to ever pick a hit, then you don't watch them to pick a fail.

so no, you haven't gotten things right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't find a convenient place where someone has compiled all of the contracts we are currently paying out and for how much longer to spuds no longer on our list.
It's a short list.

Josh Jenkins (Geelong) and Bryce Gibbs (South Adelaide), with 2021 being the last year on the books for both players.

I guess you could include Tyson Stengle as well, again 2021 as his last year.

It's a short list.

Josh Jenkins (Geelong) and Bryce Gibbs (South Adelaide), with 2021 being the last year on the books for both players.

Stengle is/was contracted for 2022 as well given he signed a two year deal; do we know for certain he won’t remain a listed player in 2022 for salary cap management reasons?

It's a short list.

Does that mean we have a war chest post-2021? And here I was thinking only the F1s got a fresh start then.

Stengle is/was contracted for 2022 as well given he signed a two year deal; do we know for certain he won’t remain a listed player in 2022 for salary cap management reasons?
He's being paid out in 2021, won't be on our books at all in 2022.

No, that's not correct. I don't think you have gotten anything right, despite the near impossible odds of that being the case.

let me explain, you've long been outed at as a 'screen scraper' someone who doesn't watch games but pulls together the opinions of others. that's not been in doubt for years.

however, that's not the reason I'm pulling you up as someone who hasn't gotten things right. the fact is, and it is a fact, that you have NEVER backed a player to make it. you don't ever watch a player, and see something in them. never, ever. what you have a reputation for is a ludicrous pecking order, where you play the odds of late picks not making it. anyone on the fringes won't make it, and frankly a magic eight ball can play those odds.

got a high ranking draftee struggling, pile on, play the odds that they're a bust.

when I say you don't go early and predict a player will be good, I don't mean you not gotten one of these right - but you've not gotten one wrong either. you literally only ever weigh in on struggling players, playing the odds, screen scraping the pile on, and declaring they won't make it.

that's not making calls, that's the opposite. screen scraping is not having an opinion. if you don't watch anyone to ever pick a hit, then you don't watch them to pick a fail.

so no, you haven't gotten things right.
Sanders is always right because he doesn't post views he just criticises other posters with his enormous ego self intellect.

Sanders is always right because he doesn't post views he just criticises other posters with his enormous ego self intellect.

Totally, right?

OR

One might consider it a civic duty not to scroll beyond the shallow musings of the incompetent fools?

Funny how the draft has become a bit like your Year 12 results. It might get you a peachy first spot but, in the long run, it means stuff all.

I think we should trade out all top 15 picks we get because we are rubbish at it, and focus on the late picks that continue to get us get us players like Hamill, Sholl, Schoenberg, Worrell, McPherson, Doedee etc

Last edited:
Funny how the draft has become a bit like your Year 12 results. It might get you a peachy first spot but, in the long run, it means stuff all.

I think we should trade out all top 15 picks we get because we are rubbish at it, and focus on the late picks that continue to get us get us players like Hamill, Sholl, Schoenberg, Worrell, McPherson, Doedee etc

But then we wouldn't have Luke Pedlar.

It wouldn't surprise me if we lost both Talia and Lynch.

In Talia's case as entrenched as he is in Adelaide someone will offer him more than one year which is all we could do. He might take that.

Listening to Tom Lynch, I suspect he has already informally agreed to terms with another club. I doubt players don't think or talk with clubs about their contracts if they are in their last year. This whole enjoy playing their football and sit down with the club later always seems like a delay tactic. He has shown in the past he is happy to play us off against other clubs for his signiture so I suspect that is all happening at the moment.

Any thoughts what McAsey might be worth? Obviously depends who wants him and what they’ve got to play with - but any thoughts?

Back