List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cerra leaves use the picks on Jason Horne
If we finish around 12th or lower use the pick on Van Rooyen
Trade Schultz, Duman and/or Tucker and use picks on Mitch Georgiades

People have talked about the 2016-18 rebuild on Various threads recently. The only neagative in that period was we didnt use a rookie pick or 2 to try a young KPF prospect out.

Yes Hogan and McCarthy and Kersten didnt work out in the end.

I was hoping we got a WA version of Brennan Cox. Then again Chapman or Logue could be it.

FFS no list manager is going to allow Georgiades to leave for less than a first round pick. Those three players are at best one pick in the late twenties and two after 50
Give it up
I am secretly Mitch Georgiades

People have talked about the 2016-18 rebuild on Various threads recently. The only neagative in that period was we didnt use a rookie pick or 2 to try a young KPF prospect out.

Yes Hogan and McCarthy and Kersten didnt work out in the end.

I was hoping we got a WA version of Brennan Cox. Then again Chapman or Logue could be it.
Luke Strnadica was in 2016, contested marking forward/ruck/tree (other choices from that draft have been more pure rucks)
Mihocek was 2017

That's about it

Hopefully we can get Pearce hamling Logue on the park. Then can move cox forward give treacy time to develop in the WAFL then get a pick low enough to draft Jacob Van Rooyen or jack Williams.

my gut feel is Cerra Tucker & Darcy will stay

Would people here sign cerra for 2 years and risk losing him in the future or trade him now for a guy like Jason Horne?

Would people here sign cerra for 2 years and risk losing him in the future or trade him now for a guy like Jason Horne?
The correct answer here would be to sign him for two years, let Jason Horne show if he has what it takes at AFL level and then trade Cerra for Horne in two years time.

No draftee is a sure thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club is under the coach this week after a tough result and the usual suspects are out taking potshots.
Only way to answer is on the park next Sunday. Amd then follow up at the Adelaide oval the following weekend.
Then tell sumich to shove that up his ass
Most fans can cop a loss if theres effort. But to lose the away games in that insipid manner, most fans won't put up with it.

I'm probably coming from a place that's more holistic and less on specific players if that makes sense? My feeling is that the the club, media and supporters are saying 'things will be better tomorrow', well tomorrow never comes. The club seems to do everything but win. There's always a rebuild/injuries and even worse, an unpreparedness for the opposition next week that seem to lead to losses. Everything is always building but nothing is never built.
As an outsider it looked like Ross got us to a GF and then in 2016 we fell off a cliff, in the biggest way ever. This is the period of the club I'm most interested in. So many of us in 2015 were desperate for Weller and co to be getting games but we marched on with the old hands. Desperate for ultimate success, we paid the ultimate price, football obscurity and irrelevance.
It definitely feels like we're too smart for ourselves sometimes (often). An older, experienced head during these times of 2013-16 may have steered us towards a more sustainable position of success. We've never had the Ross Glendenning/ Ron Alexander/Malthouse experience of success (Ross was close but no cigar) at the club to guide us. A lot feels like it's made up on the run. I know it's not, but it does feel like that.
I think you can explain a lot of that by poor/unlucky drafting. I am sure Freomaniac can regale you with our dreadful first round history before and during that run. 15 points off that Hawks team at the MCG. Say we get lucky and Mora and Pitt are fit and firing in that final then who knows.

Then you add all the "Ross stuff", whether true or not is easy enough to derail things and it did.

And now we wait to see if Bell (I can't stand his persona, personally), Wallsy and JL can get it done.
Yep....

2007: Rhys Palmer at pick 7. Could of got Dangerfield or Ebert. Hell Cale Hooker at pick 54 was nuts.

2008: Stephen Hill at pick 3. Not a bust by any stretch. Injury prone now but I loved his good years around 2010-17.

2009: Anthony Morabito at pick 4. had an excellent 2010. Sadly had injuries.

2010: Jayden Pitt at pick 20. Always will be that pick we should of used on Jack Darling or Jeremy McGovern.

2011: Tom Sheridan. Solid player in our 2012-15 finals era. 81 games and 31 goals from 2012-18. Eagles got Fraser McInnes at pick 28. he would of been roatated at CHF and CHB and ruck. Blew pick 29 on Alex Forster. Yet Shane Kersten, Joel Hamling and Brad Hill got pick up just after him.

2012: Josh Simpson at pick 17. Had talent but not the drive. Would of loved to have got Tim Membry or even Mason wood as a 2nd or 3rd tall.

2013: got Michael Apeness at pick 17. Made sense at the time as we Needed a KPF ruckman. Would of been good to get Tom Barass instead as he went to west coast at pick 43. Only problem is Tom Barrass would barely got a hand ful of game in 2014 and 2015 behind McPharlin, Dawson, Johnson and Silvagni. Would of been established in 2016 when we dropped off.

Thats a sad list. Either injury prone, average or both.

As I said, even if every 2nd 1st rounder became a solid player, I still would of been happy.

Yet you look at our 1st rounders from Our 2016-19 period, Most of them are turning out ok......

I got bagged out for our 2019 picks....

Yeah I was Happy getting Young, Serong and Henry. But I made a prediction that sadly one of those 3 are going to be injury prone and sadly the signs point out to hayden young.

The correct answer here would be to sign him for two years, let Jason Horne show if he has what it takes at AFL level and then trade Cerra for Horne in two years time.

No draftee is a sure thing.
Horne will be pick one or two. You expecting us to win the spoon?

I want to sign Cerra for 4 more years. That makes him a free agent.

Worse case scenario he does his 8 years. Anyone crazy enough to offer him a 1 million dollar a year deal for 4-6 years, and he accepts it, then we get a 1st rounder compo pick.

But on that wanting out news, Darcy doesnt want to be the number 1 ruck spot, he didnt weant it when Sandi was declining and he doesnt want it now. Problem is, he also doesnt want to play forward.

wait, what? What position does he want to play?

Does anyone know where this year's draft order is?

Is that the page you want?

As it stands now... If the season finished right now, we have an early 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th.

We got no 3rd or 4th rounder as they were traded out.

we can still trade out our 2022 2nd, 3rd and 4th and 5th. I dont want to trade our 2022 1st rounder under any circumstances.

I guess my notes on the convo would be (which will have some people angry i guess but cant please everyone :D ) :

* Get AFL games into Treacy/Sturt/Logue/Meek/Thomas/Watson/Valente/Giro (I know alot of people spud him, but hes one of the top forward movement players we have) and Frederick. I know its odd to say stop playing to move up the ladder, and start looking at the future. Its not here sorry to say unlike the 2021 freo slogan.
* Sign Cerra for 2 years move him to outside mid and rotate to the wing, stop moving him as an inside mid where he cant use his foot to our advantage. Even use a Blakely/Colyer/Conca/Banfield as a body to help Brayshaw, Serong and Cerra move the ball out..
* Trade Darcy, Tucker, Cox to move up the points in 2022. (note the ramping up of Cox as our best defender early on to push up trade interest)
* Delist Hill, Colyer, Duman, Banfield (No use keeping players you arent going to play and JL doesnt like taggers so Banfield is left out as a Half Forward option and Duman cant get a game with our defence in trhe shambles it is?????)
* Let Mundy choose to play on.. I hate playing the old fella, but with his form its really his choice later in the year to do another one.
* Seriously consider where Pearce/Hamling/Logue/Wilson are higher value as trade targets compared to playing list if we cant play them.
* Keep Walters out of the midfield rotation/
* Stop being the Dockers that dont risk anything. No use failing year in and year out by only putting a toe in the water. More games into young blokes and see where the chips fall!
** Coaching staff** Throw money at Kirk to come back. After doing what he did to our mids 13/14/15, look at what hes done with that Sydney midfield!!!! Drop Hale and bring in Stevie J or someone who teaches the forwards how to stay near the F50, and not all lead at the same ball all the time when they are in there.

wait, what? What position does he want to play?
He wants to be second/backup ruckman. Every chat hes had involving being the #1 ruckman at freo, hes always second guessing himself and saying hes "happy sandi is/was #1 ruckman", "happy to let Lobb take the main ruck spot", "looking forward to Meek taking his spot". Since coming back from his PCL he is always afraid to enter the contest. Watch the next game and focus on him entering a contest, he cares more for him being not hurt, than he does for going hard at the ball. Thats a mind set thing he needs to either get over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back