Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Thursday April 8 @ SCG - Rd 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensible thinking. Mids are going well. No need to make any Hail Mary calls and aggravate things. Still think next week is the round to rest a kid or two if necessary.

Why are we bothering to rest players yet? It will be round 4...

Its just tough for young players to avoid.

True. He will drag at least two with him. I reckon Gulden, Dawson and co will pick out the loose player, like Wicks or Heeney. When Bud is the clear option I reckon they will pull the trigger. I expect Bud to curb his exuberant demands. If he roams up the field a bit Logan will benefit from his wonderful passing.

The injury that most (I believe including you) were arguing he should have played through in Round 2?

Probably more they want to be absolutely certain it doesn’t flare up again. Get it 100% right and with our draw doesn’t matter if he misses 4-5 weeks rather than 2.

The injury that most (I believe including you) were arguing he should have played through in Round 2?

You believe wrong. He walks back in once ready to go. I've consistently said that he should only play if fit. That it's taken longer than 3 weeks hasn't been a surprise at all.

I'm glad the club is being careful with it. They needed to show that level of care during the match when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back