VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Joyce is also only a year older than Hunter Clark and is coming from a non AFL country.

Saintsydney

Senior List
Nov 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Joyce is also only a year older than Hunter Clark and is coming from a non AFL country.

I am still hopeful he can be a good player - but as a third tall defender not one of the 2 kpDs ( we need 2 of those playing each week I recon)

so Joyce who I hope has a future has a few ahead of him as a 3rd tall and doesn’t answer our need for a kPD - let’s hope he keeps improving

Oct 1, 2010
Vermont
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Celtic, Glasgow Warriors, Wolves
I mean... it's pretty clear that what they wanted was an East Coast reserves comp, and this is a way to make it look like they're being accommodating to the state sides, who will eventually have otherwise quite solvable financial/travel/recruitment/etc. issues compound to become unsustainable, leaving us with only the reserve and linked sides. The structure is flawed and embarrassing, but the purpose behind it is fairly obvious.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
VFL players get fu** all, they are not doing it for a living, it's pocket money. They wouldn't be able to go into hubs.
Yep they get stuff all hence once players retire from the AFL they got to the ammos.
Full of young guys hoping to get onto a list or former AFL players hoping to get back onto a list.

"Stand-alone clubs will have a salary cap of $200,000 while the AFL and aligned clubs will have a salary cap of $100,000"

If you read the write up it sounds like everyone is pushing for a spot. It's always fairly positive in those articles.

They are but if you read others there is always some negatives as well. He's getting pretty solid reviews there, leadership sounds good too.

He got dropped the following of week after giving away 6 free kicks from memory

That's right, he did seem to get targeted by the umps in that game.

Yep they get stuff all hence once players retire from the AFL they got to the ammos.
Full of young guys hoping to get onto a list or former AFL players hoping to get back onto a list.

"Stand-alone clubs will have a salary cap of $200,000 while the AFL and aligned clubs will have a salary cap of $100,000"

Yeah, a mates nephew said you get about $500 a game. He earns heaps more playing country footy, he left the VFL and is playing footy up at Bendigo in 2021. He said it's much more money and the training is less. He's at uni and doesn't want to keep trying out for AFL. He reckons that's the only reason you'd play VFL.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Yeah, a mates nephew said you get about $500 a game. He earns heaps more playing country footy, he left the VFL and is playing footy up at Bendigo in 2021. He said it's much more money and the training is less. He's at uni and doesn't want to keep trying out for AFL. He reckons that's the only reason you'd play VFL.
Doesnt suprise me. Bendigo football League salary caps used to be around $150K and surrounding bush leagues weren't too far off that either at around $125K. Plus all the off the book incentives, goal payments, club cars/meals etc. Might have dropped a bit recently with covid but still higher than an aligned vfl club.

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Veteran Reimagine Moorabbin
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sorry, you lose.
That’s our first home game but TBO is not a listed venue (neither is Moorabbin).
Check the listed venue box on the bottom right.
Talk about amateur hour.
They issue a fixture and don’t include all the venues!
I did check it and notice it wasn't there but I still reckon that's where the game is played. I figure they only put the venues in that box that host rd1 and rd2 games. But I'm guessing of course.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I did check it and notice it wasn't there but I still reckon that's where the game is played. I figure they only put the venues in that box that host rd1 and rd2 games. But I'm guessing of course.
That was my assumption too.
Still smacks of amateur hour.
The 2021 fixture missing some grounds, not quite the full 2021 fixture is it?

MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
Just for those supporters thinking of going to Sandy’s Round 1 match vs Richmond at Punt Road on Friday week April 16 at Midday. Don’t bother as no spectators are allowed (Richmond’s decision).

Back