Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m all for throwing him in a forward pocket and just letting him play a game. See what happens type deal. Might go up and we will know he needs more VFL or he goes up and turns it on with that speed and becomes that real excitement pressure machine we need. You just never know.
Nothing to lose.
Also Atu needs to come in. Same reasons but down back.

I’m all for throwing him in a forward pocket and just letting him play a game. See what happens type deal. Might go up and we will know he needs more VFL or he goes up and turns it on with that speed and becomes that real excitement pressure machine we need. You just never know.
Nothing to lose.
We’ve already thrown a few kids in the deep end and learnt that they can swim, may as well

Nothing to lose.

I see zero reason why not.

We are completely shithouse up fwd anyway so give the guy a chance and decide from there.

Plus he has genuine speed and that in itself is rare as we are slow as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would give him a couple of 'real' VFL games first through April to get a bit more experience into him - then unleash him in May.

We badly need pace and the Phoenix has it in speeds.

I would give him a couple of 'real' VFL games first through April to get a bit more experience into him - then unleash him in May.

We badly need pace and the Phoenix has it in speeds.
seriousely though he is quite raw and was a bit of an underager. really needs to be managed as much as we are all hanging out to see his tricks.

Under normal conditions you'd have 4-5 players who can all swoop around the fall of the ball and play havoc.

Richmond had so many they even delisted one who trotted off and came came 2nd in the B&F and got an AA nomination playing for another finalist.

Ordinarily Phoenix would be player 5+ in the above mix and you wouldn't even think about playing him yet.

However since he's the only member of his own crumbing club of one on our list then we pretty much have to play him if we ever want an opportunist small forward in the side.

Under normal conditions you'd have 4-5 players who can all swoop around the fall of the ball and play havoc.

Richmond had so many they even delisted one who trotted off and came came 2nd in the B&F and got an AA nomination playing for another finalist.

Ordinarily Phoenix would be player 5+ in the above mix and you wouldn't even think about playing him yet.

However since he's the only member of his own crumbing club of one on our list then we pretty much have to play him if we ever want an opportunist small forward in the side.
How sad is it when we have an abundance of forwards with zero genuine crumber with wheels..

I would give my leftie for Kosi P or flyin Ryan right now.

Looks like Wet Toast have found another one with their pick 57 from last year Isiah Winder - kicked 5 in the WAFL this week... unbelievable..

Kid will rot in the VFL and be de-listed next year.

It is the North way.

So ******* risk adverse that not even a 128 point flogging gets us to change our ways.

How sad is it when we have an abundance of forwards with zero genuine crumber with wheels..

I would give my leftie for Kosi P or flyin Ryan right now.

Looks like Wet Toast have found another one with their pick 57 from last year Isiah Winder - kicked 5 in the WAFL this week... unbelievable..

Wow and the eagles already played 3-4 electric small forwards in their senior side and have got reserves depth on top of it?!

I'd take bleatin' Gibbins from Carlton right now. We just don't want to do opportunistic forwards.

It's like an inverted Pagan side. Then: 3+ strong marking tall forwards and several front and centre smalls. Now: 1 stationary tall forward and zilch front and centre smalls. What a recipe for success.

Wow and the eagles already played 3-4 electric small forwards in their senior side and have got reserves depth on top of it?!

I'd take bleatin' Gibbins from Carlton right now. We just don't want to do opportunistic forwards.

It's like an inverted Pagan side. Then: 3+ strong marking tall forwards and several front and centre smalls. Now: 1 stationary tall forward and zilch front and centre smalls. What a recipe for success.
Uncanny.. I was thinking the exact same thing during the game on Friday, this truely proves how bad we are..

A quick google surf of the world wide web brings up young Isiah’s bio - how did he slip to 57?..

B0D32DB4-2EE9-4F1E-85CE-865129009ACC.png

I have no idea about Spicer but in recent years our inability to identify and draft small forwards defies all belief.
To think we snared Campbell and Thomas in one draft and then have barely picked one since.
Richmond and West Coast have more than they can use.
Something smells rotten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back