Preview Round 4: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Thursday 08/04/2021 @ 7:20 AEST

Who will have the higher score by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking it down, we have:

7x defenders: Laverde, Zerk, Francis, Ridley, Hind, Heppell, Guelfi
3x outside midfielders: Cox, Langford, Ham
5x inside midfielders: Parish, McGrath, Merrett, Smith, Stringer
1x ruck: Wright
6x forwards: Hooker, Perkins, Jones, Waterman, Snelling, Walla

They have:

7x def: Cunningham, Rampe, Campbell, Dawson, McCartin, Lloyd, McInerney?
3x OM: Blakey, Gulden, Florent
5x IM: Parker, Mills, Kennedy, Warner, Hewett
1x ruck: Hickey
6x for: Heeney, McDonald, Wicks, Papley, Franklin, Reid

At our offensive end I'd guess:

Rampe on Jones
Dawson on Perkins
McCartin on Hooker
Cunningham on Walla
Lloyd/Campbell/McInerney on Snelling/Waterman

At theirs:

Zerk on Reid
Francis on Buddy
Laverde on Heeney
Ridley on McDonald
Heppell/Hind/Guelfi on Wicks/Papley
Laverde on Franklin.

Buddy isnt a marking threat, so the extra 5cm wont matter. Laverde should at least have the speed and mobility to go with him.

But Buddy is way too mobile for Francis. Franga would be a better matchup for McDonald.

Laverde on Franklin.

Buddy isnt a marking threat, so the extra 5cm wont matter. Laverde should at least have the speed and mobility to go with him.

But Buddy is way too mobile for Francis. Franga would be a better matchup for McDonald.
Fair enough, it was a tough one to choose.

Laverde on Franklin.

That's what I was thinking. Laverde is the best athlete back there and has the strength and x-factor.

Hurley often rose to the Franklin challenge, and it was on the basis of his defensive technique.

Laverde may not have the one on one defending skills.. but worth a look I reckon.

Laverde on Franklin.

Is Buddy that mobile nowadays though? Watching him against Adelaide, he struggled with the pace of the game. Still kicked 3 goals, but I don't expect him to be the nightmare match-up he once was.

That said, I'd also have Laverde on him. I'm more worried about Sydney's smalls, especially Papley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t being so-called wannabes mean that we’re actually good?

Just go easy on Logan, we need a 5 goal game from him to secure the 4th Rising Star nom... nom nom nom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah cool! And was Ben Ronke?
4 rising 🌟 nom without an actual rising star? You like your team have these prioritise mixed Up. Go climb a goal post.

This is a much more friendly thread than the one on Bomberblitz where we are referred as Bin Chickens!

Stringer is always a tough matchup for us, i think Franklin is more of a decoy still capable of course but limited to what he used to do.
Youse are the Bin Chickens.
And we are gonna kick youse in the hole!

Sydney

27+ Franklin, Parker, Kennedy, Reid, Hickey, Lloyd, Cunningham, Rampe.

8/22

24-26 Hewett, Heeney, Papley, Mills

4/22

Less than 40 games - Campbell, Wicks, Gulden, McDonald, Warner, McInerney

6/22

Essendon

27+ Hooker, Heppell, Smith, Tippa

4/22

24-26- Stringer, Hind, Wright, Waterman, Langford, Merrett, Laverde

7/22

Less than 40 games- Perkins, Cox, Jones, Snelling, Watermen, Francis, Ridley, Hind, Ham, BZT

10/22

Sydney should easily win this. 2 years ahead in their rebuild plus 7 players with grand final experience. We have 1 which is String. More experienced and at home.

Sydney

27+ Franklin, Parker, Kennedy, Reid, Hickey, Lloyd, Cunningham, Rampe.

8/22

24-26 Hewett, Heeney, Papley, Mills

4/22

Less than 40 games - Campbell, Wicks, Gulden, McDonald, Warner, McInerney

6/22

Essendon

27+ Hooker, Heppell, Smith, Tippa

4/22

24-26- Stringer, Hind, Wright, Waterman, Langford, Merrett, Laverde

7/22

Less than 40 games- Perkins, Cox, Jones, Snelling, Watermen, Francis, Ridley, Hind, Ham, BZT

10/22

Sydney should easily win this. 2 years ahead in their rebuild plus 7 players with grand final experience. We have 1 which is String. More experienced and at home.
2 years ahead of their rebuild because they have won 3 games. FFS 😂🤣😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back