16177944126338371014262511213012.jpg

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Hello all,

Sorry to intrude.

We have a banter thread going before our clash on Friday, if anyone wants to jump in. We are getting a bit lonely in there :(

Hello all,

Sorry to intrude.

We have a banter thread going before our clash on Friday, if anyone wants to jump in. We are getting a bit lonely in there :(

We only laugh at ourselves.

No other club is quite as funny

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hello all,

Sorry to intrude.

We are all too depressed after last week that ken Hinkley still exists and we will never win a premiership under his reign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Context

You're on the wrong side here Gremio. The Bogan b*tch got called out like she should've been.

Thanks. I will watch it.

Here, something I’ve written on this a couple of years ago (really fast translation, forgive me for the mistakes):

COURAGE: MALE VIRTUE
by Paulo Roberto Tellechea Sanchotene

Courage
and male (male man) share the same root in Greek. Not that women are not brave. This arises in Greek from the recognition that courage is a political virtue, being linked to the role of man in society. Courage would be an attribute of the adult male; of the citizen. But, then, why?

Historically, among humans, males protect females. This is done not because women are fragile, but because they are important. That which is fragile, it is the offspring.

Women are the ones who naturally have the first contacts with children. As the woman is busy taking care of her children, the man is left with the task of taking care of the woman — so that she can take care of the children.

In this division of tasks, man was forced to leave the protection of home and face the dangers of the public space. To do this, courage is needed. The Greeks identified this courage with the adult man responsible for a home.

Times have changed. Political participation is individual; no, more by families. Women also face the dangers of public space. However, the new truth cannot overshadow the old truth.

There are many women able to develop masculine virtues as much as there are many men unable to do so. I know several women "with balls" still, keeping themselves beautiful and feminine. Personally, I think they are the paradigm of the mature woman. They are 'Women' with a capital 'W'.

However, this discovery of the mature woman will only bring potential public benefits if we do not lose sight of the mature man. The mature woman comes to help; not, to replace. Since women will always be important, the brave man will never be expendable.

When people speak of "toxic masculinity", the examples given are all of coward men. Now, if, as the Greeks point out, masculinity is linked to courage, and since it is impossible to have "courageous cowards", the problem with such "toxic masculinity" is precisely that it is devoid of manhood. They're not men! Associating this type of person with masculinity is a disservice to mankind.

We need to highlight the paradigms of the mature man. We need to form men with manliness. We need to recover the meaning of "male man". If not, the excellent women of our time will be alone. And that would be a huge waste.

Facebook, January 28th, 2019 (in Portuguese)

I hope my point is clearer now.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Thanks. I will watch it.

Here, something I’ve written on this a couple of years ago (really fast translation, forgive me for the mistakes):

COURAGE: MALE VIRTUE
by Paulo Roberto Tellechea Sanchotene

Courage
and male (male man) share the same root in Greek. Not that women are not brave. This arises in Greek from the recognition that courage is a political virtue, being linked to the role of man in society. Courage would be an attribute of the adult male; of the citizen. But, then, why?

Historically, among humans, males protect females. This is done not because women are fragile, but because they are important. That which is fragile, it is the offspring.

Women are the ones who naturally have the first contacts with children. As the woman is busy taking care of her children, the man is left with the task of taking care of the woman — so that she can take care of the children.

In this division of tasks, man was forced to leave the protection of home and face the dangers of the public space. To do this, courage is needed. The Greeks identified this courage with the adult man responsible for a home.

Times have changed. Political participation is individual; no, more by families. Women also face the dangers of public space. However, the new truth cannot overshadow the old truth.

There are many women able to develop masculine virtues as much as there are many men unable to do so. I know several women "with balls" still, keeping themselves beautiful and feminine. Personally, I think they are the paradigm of the mature woman. They are 'Women' with a capital 'W'.

However, this discovery of the mature woman will only bring potential public benefits if we do not lose sight of the mature man. The mature woman comes to help; not, to replace. Since women will always be important, the brave man will never be expendable.

When people speak of "toxic masculinity", the examples given are all of coward men. Now, if, as the Greeks point out, masculinity is linked to courage, and since it is impossible to have "courageous cowards", the problem with such "toxic masculinity" is precisely that it is devoid of manhood. They're not men! Associating this type of person with masculinity is a disservice to mankind.

We need to highlight the paradigms of the mature man. We need to form men with manliness. We need to recover the meaning of "male man". If not, the excellent women of our time will be alone. And that would be a huge waste.

Facebook, January 28th, 2019 (in Portuguese)

I hope my point is clearer now.
I never knew that your initials almost spell PoRTS.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I never knew that your initials almost spell PoRTS.
They do!

It has been pointed it out here once before. I don’t remember who did it, but I had never realized it until that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back