Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

That is an odd argument from Pridham.
ALL clubs have access to F/S selections and given the changes to the NGA drafting rules as from next year I also wouldn't be mentioning them, in case those rules are extended to our academy.

What we need to focus on is areas such as competitive advantage (eg go home factor, off-field opportunities, fixturing inequities, marquee games etc) and the value of the academies growing the game in NSW/QLD.
That’s not sticking up that’s being a w***er IMO

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Says who?!? :cool:

Agreed. I mean it is sort of like how I believe I am going to live forever based on the simple fact I have never ever died before so I clearly have this living thing sorted. Sydney have not lost in 2021 and it is reasonable to assume we are never going to lose again for the rest of the season.

Chad Warner interview/SEN

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
The Chad interview on Swans website

Harley interview

hope I got that right.. both interviews along with JPK on Swans website.. News - Podcasts

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
The Chad interview on Swans website

Harley interview

hope I got that right.. both interviews along with JPK on Swans website.. News - Podcasts

That Warner interview was great. He seems happy and like he legitimately wants to stay. Obviously early days but that’s a great sign. He speaks well, too.

It really does seem like this group is as close as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an odd argument from Pridham.
ALL clubs have access to F/S selections and given the changes to the NGA drafting rules as from next year I also wouldn't be mentioning them, in case those rules are extended to our academy.

What we need to focus on is areas such as competitive advantage (eg go home factor, off-field opportunities, fixturing inequities, marquee games etc) and the value of the academies growing the game in NSW/QLD.

I do think that there needs to be a change to the bidding process in line with the NGA, it's hard to argue against that.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Pridham and Healy get to work on the hypocrites taking advantage of F/S and NGA picks and also complaining about the Swans Academy.

To be fair it's so far been mostly fans complaining, but we know there'll be plenty of Melbourne clubs privately steaming about the injustice of Sydney developing young players and making good draft calls

No mention of Luka Parks that made his debut for Carlton recently.Guess where he started,the Sydney Swans academy

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
That's kinda damning on Longmire in a way, i think what Bedford said in another thread that Longmire needed help with the modern game is absolutely correct.

I don't see that one bit, the catalyst for this change has been the rule changes and all clubs have or are implementing new game plans to cope with them.

What we did as a club was smart, we identified a coach who was out of the system, is known for his good opposition analysis and structures and said to him design us a system that will suit the new rules but within our existing game plan style which is to defend one on one and launch our scoring from the defensive half.

We have not stepped away from that game plan at all, but the structure as to where the players position themselves and where we want to move the ball when we have it and how (now more by foot and through the corridor) is certainly what Pyke has layered into the existing game plan. But you could argue that in 2020, we had already attempted to move the ball by foot more and through the central corridor, we just didn't execute and it left our one on one defending exposed as our midfield was not capable of getting back quick enough to help.

This whole notion of a completely different game plan is just media driven and the players have said as much when interviewed. The way we want to play is still the same, it's just the method and structure around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very simple whoever runs it
images.jpeg.jpg

07APR21: Blakey & Rowbottom re-signed/The Age
Damien Hardwick says he will challenge umpires to closely monitor Sydney’s short-kicking game style after it picked apart Richmond’s defence.

Wot? :tearsofjoy:

Cant open article even in
incognito

I refuse to click it but reckons we aren't kicking 15m

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Damien Hardwick says he will challenge umpires to closely monitor Sydney’s short-kicking game style after it picked apart Richmond’s defence.

incognito

Pretty much a nothing article, focussing on Richmond.
Sydney relevant;
The three-time premiership coach conceded his backline struggled to combat the Swans’ fast ball movement in the 45-point loss at the MCG

“Their short probing game was evident,” Hardwick said.
“The distance of kick, the shortness, was really hard to defend.
“That’s something we’ll look at and we’ll challenge the umpires on, that distance of kick.”

incognito

The three-time premiership coach conceded his backline struggled to combat the Swans’ fast ball movement in the 45-point loss at the MCG, but questioned the distance of some of their passes.

“Their short probing game was evident,” Hardwick said.

“The distance of kick, the shortness, was really hard to defend.

“That’s something we’ll look at and we’ll challenge the umpires on, that distance of kick.”

Hardwick said he would not be overhauling his defence or move to a man-on-man system in the face of quicker ball movement this year.

“That’s the system we play and it’s held us in good stead over the last few years and will hold us in good stead again,” Hardwick said.

Damien Hardwick has called on the umpires to monitor Sydney’s short kicking. Picture: Getty Images
“We didn’t implement to the level of our normal capacity. We’ll go to work again.

“Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

“We’ll still back in our system. The sample size is not to a level where we would make significant change.

“We also have got a really good understanding the game evolves and we may have to evolve with it. At this stage we will tweak our system, we won’t throw out our system.”

Hardwick said captain Trent Cotchin was more likely than not to play Port Adelaide on Friday after he finished the Swans game on the bench with ice on his hamstring and groin areas.

Bachar Houli could also return for his first game since last year’s Grand Final.

Hardwick confirmed the Tigers could also have one or two first gamers with Dion Prestia and Kamden McIntosh set to miss the clash with Port.

“Sydney had a great game, we didn’t play particularly well. I’m a pretty proud coach of a pretty proud playing group. Judge us on the next four weeks, see how we go then,” Hardwick said.

“It’s a great opportunity for players to grow in to roles. It certainly reinvigorates the coaching group and I’ve got no doubt it will reinvigorate the playing group as well,” he said.

“There will be at least one debutant, and possibly two.

Damien Hardwick talking to his players during the loss to the Swans. Picture: Getty Images
“There’s a number of guys we are looking at. We are very bullish on the young talent we have.”

Hardwick threw his support behind the suggestion of an English Premier League-style loan system.

“Anything that gives a young player a chance to play the game, I love,” Hardwick said.

“We’ve got a young kid by the name of Samson Ryan that we’d love to loan (to the Suns).

“End of the day this kid, we’re really excited about what he’s gonna bring but we’ve got Coleman-Jones, we’ve got Mabior Chol, we’ve got Samson – so he’s sitting there playing forward in VFL footy.

“Not that I’d like to give them Samson if he’s playing against us but anything that gives a player the opportunity to play at AFL, I think we should look at, absolutely.”

Put simply Hardwick is a sooky little campaigner. Bet my comment on the article won't get past the editors!

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney

incognito

He whinged about "policing the 15 metres".

Arrr

Senior List
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back