Delisted #17 Will Gould

Remove this Banner Ad

ALYwsQmF.jpg

Will Gould

Player Profile

A hard-running key defender departed South Australian club Glenelg for the Sydney Swans at the 2019 AFL Draft, joining the club via pick 26. Will Gould averaged 21.5 disposals, 4.5 marks and 7.2 rebound 50s per match as South Australia’s captain in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, a glowing campaign resulting in back-to-back All Australian selection. He also averaged 19.7 possessions, 5.2 marks and 6.5 rebound 50s per match for Glenelg in 2019, while he recorded a match-high eight rebound 50s in his side’s SANFL Grand Final victory over Port Adelaide.

Will Gould

DOB: 14 January 2001
DRAFT: 2019
RECRUITED FROM: Glenelg (SANFL)

Last edited:
Another potential good point of potentially playing is his elite kicking out if defence.

Was a beautiful kick of the ball in the under 18's and at SANFL level, plus can easily hit 60-65 odd on a drop punt. Having him and Dawson in defence (along with Llyod, Rampe and potentially Ling (who was known for his kicking when younger)) really gives us potential to bypass the opposition defensive zone.

Still all quiet on the western front with this guy. Much more established players are finding it hard to get a game, so not looking good for his place at the club given he's off contract at year's end.
Love to at least see him play some ressies games and get a clue how he's going. By all accounts there are no fitness issues. He came to us as a natural footballer so I'm just puzzled.

Another potential good point of potentially playing is his elite kicking out if defence.

Was a beautiful kick of the ball in the under 18's and at SANFL level, plus can easily hit 60-65 odd on a drop punt. Having him and Dawson in defence (along with Llyod, Rampe and potentially Ling (who was known for his kicking when younger)) really gives us potential to bypass the opposition defensive zone.
Who would you leave out for him, Bonz?

Still all quiet on the western front with this guy. Much more established players are finding it hard to get a game, so not looking good for his place at the club given he's off contract at year's end.

it’s round 4 tomorrow, there’s a long long way to till lists are set for next year. And the VFL hasn’t even started yet. Same with every other player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you leave out for him, Bonz?

Currently no one.

Our defence is performing and I am worried about his agility at the top level.

Need to see how he performs at VFL level for a period of time.

He must have talent

A lot of recruiters etc where saying top 10 amd we got a steel

He has got speed for his size and a great kick

He was shown up for mobility during the pre season.

Has decent straight line speed but struggled for change of direction movement.

Don't read into anything into that he is not in the mix. Last year no proper games. This year has not started yet. Where do you hypothesize that he is no good. Dawson spent 3 years doing nothing and look what we have got. Lack of patience in the Sydney system by you I think. I think it is great that they can serve an apprenticeship and be a player when they emerge.

Don't read into anything into that he is not in the mix. Last year no proper games. This year has not started yet. Where do you hypothesize that he is no good. Dawson spent 3 years doing nothing and look what we have got. Lack of patience in the Sydney system by you I think. I think it is great that they can serve an apprenticeship and be a player when they emerge.

Indeed, where did I hypothesise he is no good?

No idea why the ECFL hasn't started their games yet considering we are 3 games into the AFL season... I think the other teams are saying the same thing. Get the ressies games going already.

We need to see what we have in Gould.

No idea why the ECFL hasn't started their games yet considering we are 3 games into the AFL season... I think the other teams are saying the same thing. Get the ressies games going already.

We need to see what we have in Gould.

Not just Gould. The rookies are all desperate to show something this year since they are on one year contracts. They need as many games as possible to prove themselves of being deserving of a new contract.

He was shown up for mobility during the pre season.

Has decent straight line speed but struggled for change of direction movement.

I agree. He looked at a bit lost at AFL level and I think this was in part due to him getting to the contest fairly swiftly but when the play shifted laterally he was found wanting.

Something that’ll potentially be difficult to overcome if it’s so.

Obviously vision has been limited so looking forward to seeing him in the twos.

Hopefully we are wrong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back