Do any photos or videos from the 1990 exhibition match between Geelong and Port exist?

Remove this Banner Ad

This was the score for the Port v Essendon game in 1994:

PT ADELAIDE 5.4 8.6 14.10 17.17 (119)
ESSENDON 3.0 6.1 7.1 7.2 (44)
BEST Port: Angove, Williams, Malakellis, Mead, Olsen, Hull, Tylor,
Chalmers. Essendon: Smith, Cockatoo-Collins, Prior, Symons, Grenvold.
SCORERS - Port: Tylor 5.3, Olsen 3.4, Mead 2.0, Spalding 1.2,
Williams, Angove 1.1, Malakellis, Bartsch, May, Ginever 1.0, Chalmers
0.2, Gaffney 0.1, Grocke 0.1, rushed 0.2. Essendon: Mollard 3.0,
Cransberg, Morgan, Symons, Cockatoo-Collins 1.0, Grenvold, Ridley 0.1.
UMPIRES K. Chambers, R. Williams.
CROWD 8024.

Only 4 Essendon premiership players took the field.

tribey

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/yA5Y3B4Ip13Xy" width="480" height="323" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

The Port Adelaide FC have been busy digitizing thousands upon thousands of old VHS tapes which were recovered from local television stations.
I am routinely asking to see if a copy of this trial game has been recovered. I think it will inevitably show up. There was some exceptional quality on display in the game.

The Port Adelaide FC have been busy digitizing thousands upon thousands of old VHS tapes which were recovered from local television stations.
I am routinely asking to see if a copy of this trial game has been recovered. I think it will inevitably show up. There was some exceptional quality on display in the game.

Might be some footage of Ken working hardery for longery

This is exciting news if correct

I noticed this ad in the post of the budget for the Geelong game
1658388358986.png

I have a copy of that, I think my grandfather bought it, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I pored through it for years as a kid-teenager, just about memorised every premiership winner in order and also the players in each Port premiership team. Andrew Jarman and John Platten brought out an updated version in 2000. Can't find that one either.

View attachment 1452166

I have a copy of that, I think my grandfather bought it, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I pored through it for years as a kid-teenager, just about memorised every premiership winner in order and also the players in each Port premiership team. Andrew Jarman and John Platten brought out an updated version in 2000. Can't find that one either.

I have a copy too. Studied that thing cover to cover for years

View attachment 1452166

e8c5097a63c6bb5395f55129a0125758.jpg

It wasn’t televised. SA-FM were promoting it heavily and I think covered it that day, which added to the novelty given they were a popular music station.

FxWJaK_aYAAeM2j

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back