Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't live in Melbourne so I don't have much exposure to Neil Mitchell -and when I did live there it wasn't a timeslot I could listen to - but I found him a semi-interesting guest. He seems much more measured than those big-mouths in Sydney. He doesn't do live-reads at all?

I don't live in Melbourne so I don't have much exposure to Neil Mitchell -and when I did live there it wasn't a timeslot I could listen to - but I found him a semi-interesting guest. He seems much more measured than those big-mouths in Sydney. He doesn't do live-reads at all?

Yeah found that too.
The fact he worked for the age provides him some measure as well.

i still can't get over when Don said he uses his mobile on speakerphone to protect his brain and Sam was legitimately lost for words

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
rod law jesus christ. what's worse - getting your covid 'news' from breakfast television ('11 per cent of over-50's die of covid' - complete & utter lies & propaganda) or giving your bank details to a fake fedex sms. tool of the highest order. good podcast when he keeps his mouth shut.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
rod law jesus christ. what's worse - getting your covid 'news' from breakfast television ('11 per cent of over-50's die of covid' - complete & utter lies & propaganda) or giving your bank details to a fake fedex sms. tool of the highest order. good podcast when he keeps his mouth shut.
Yeah, that raised my eyebrows.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ha, Law is a real fakkn covidiot. I'm glad he's not on a more public platform. When Sam played the comments by the impeccably qualified Dr Roger Hopkins a while ago, saying that the whole covid response is a massive overreaction and the biggest health-related hoax ever perpetuated on an unsuspecting public (etc), "Doctor" Rod Law scoffed and said something like, "What?! That guy is a complete fa'rkbag nutcase". What a dickhead.

Last edited:

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ha, Law is a real fakkn covidiot. I'm glad he's not on a more public platform. When Sam played the comments by the impeccably qualified Dr Roger Hopkins a while ago, saying that the whole covid response is a massive overreaction and the biggest health-related hoax ever perpetuated on an unsuspecting public (etc), "Doctor" Rod Law scoffed and said something like, "What?! That guy is a complete fa'rkbag nutcase". What a dickhead.

Rocket's getting a bit too much air-time these days, I subscribe to listen to Sam and Don and their guests not Rod Law

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair to Law the Podcast did have a Doctor as a guest only a couple of weeks earlier and he basically said the oppersite

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I call bullshit on part 3 this week, Need to get both sides of the story to get a true picture.

I've been following this icook story since it broke a few years ago.
This bloke will win his claim and there will be casualties in local and state government. The Dandenong council have long held a reputation as bullies and have had many corrupt elements and councillors in the past.
The owner, his family and the employees of this business have been the victims of a massive miscarriage of justice and this will come to a head in the next 6 weeks.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been following this icook story since it broke a few years ago.
This bloke will win his claim and there will be casualties in local and state government. The Dandenong council have long held a reputation as bullies and have had many corrupt elements and councillors in the past.
The owner, his family and the employees of this business have been the victims of a massive miscarriage of justice and this will come to a head in the next 6 weeks.
its a one sided story so far. I want to hear the other side. The policemen he had in made claims but then said "either they are incompetent or corrupt". Knowing how the business works, incompetence is an option and that is not corruption,. Too many theories given and not enough facts.

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
its a one sided story so far. I want to hear the other side. The policemen he had in made claims but then said "either they are incompetent or corrupt". Knowing how the business works, incompetence is an option and that is not corruption,. Too many theories given and not enough facts.

Check out the Andrew Rule podcast, Life and Crimes.
The problem is, you won't hear the other side. All 96 charges were dropped and the main protagonists are on indefinite leave.
There's a reason why Sutton and Andrews appear to have gone AWOL at the moment. This will likely settle out of court, they won't want any public officers to perjure themselves or end up with jail sentences

Back