• Poll closed .

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm very confused.

Everybody got upset at our team and called us soft when we didn't fly the flag for Bontempelli in the final against GWS in 2019.

We have a player showing aggression and now he needs to stop it.

Or does he need to select when he's aggressive? Like that's a ******* thing.
To me it's not really about showing aggression.

He's taunting blokes already down in the dumps - that's not aggressive.

Ziebell is captaining a VFL U/21's side and is 130 points down and Smith comes from 20m away to get in his face. He steps over a bloke already face down in the dirt as a show of arrogance.

Prior to this stuff he's advocating about being sensitive toward mental health. He should practice what he preaches, not purposefully go out of his way to be a little twat.

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To me it's not really about showing aggression.

He's taunting blokes already down in the dumps - that's not aggressive.

Ziebell is captaining a VFL U/21's side and is 130 points down and Smith comes from 20m away to get in his face. He steps over a bloke already face down in the dirt as a show of arrogance.

Prior to this stuff he's advocating about being sensitive toward mental health. He should practice what he preaches, not purposefully go out of his way to be a little twat.

The same Ziebull who minutes earlier pushed Bruce’s head into the dirt.

Join the dots together... . . . it ain’t difficult to understand why Ziebull copped a mouthful.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell were two of the bigger smartarses in the AFL and revelled in demeaning the opposition when Hawks were dominating.

Didn’t hear a word out of Dermott.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How dare big bad Bazlenka step over players...

Should be more like Dermie I guess

54o2u7.gif

NeutralFan

All Australian
Feb 15, 2015
Somewhere, Probably
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, ATP
It is possible to be an aggressive, arrogant player on field and stay genuine and humble outside off the field and after the siren.
Teams get criticised for being too nice and better sides always get told they need to 'put teams to the sword' against lower opposition.

Don't mind taunting and being physical within the rules. He's an idiot if he uses non-game relevant sledging esp. after advocating for mental health or has an intent to injure.

Keep everything within the game and probably most importantly, stay humble once it's all said and done.

HELMET!

Senior List
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dermie could not be any more pot meet kettle if he tried and Ziebell has walked around his whole career doing the same thing.

Bit of a weird shot at him to mention his mental health too. Just poor all round from Derm and I'm sure Ziebell couldn't care less after the game.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
As a Dog's fan some of Bailey's behaviour really disgusts me. Stepping over someone the way he did to Shepperd has the potential to do serious psychological damage. Likewise his bullying of Ziebell. These guys are professional sportsmen not bloody SAS soldiers who are trained to withstand that kind of intimidation. No one should have to face bullying or harrassment when they go to work. I'd like to see all sledging and push and shove punished by long suspensions to set a precedent. The AFL needs to show that it stands for inclusivity, kindness and compassion. We don't watch sport to see people being fiercely competitive with each other; we watch sport because we want to see people tackle/cuddle each other gently.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Only one I dislike is stepping over players and laughing at them while they’re down. Getting stuck into Ziebell I’m fine with. I’m sure he’s done the same when North were beating us. Who knows what Ziebell said that day during the game. Ziebell can just bump him, tell him he has a shi* Mullett and move on

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Only one I dislike is stepping over players and laughing at them while they’re down. Getting stuck into Ziebell I’m fine with. I’m sure he’s done the same when North were beating us. Who knows what Ziebell said that day during the game. Ziebell can just bump him, tell him he has a shi* Mullett and move on

Hmm, I actually thought the opposite. Didn’t mind the step over because atleast he scored the goal and was apart of the play.

I thought he looked like a fool running over to the contest to get into Ziebell 120 points up. Not really needed but not enough for Dermie to complain about either.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Weird. Every one loved when Voss got in Scott Burns face in the grand final.

Smith is competitive. It's what makes him a gun.
Burns attempted to smoke Voss, who bounced straight up and set up a goal in the early stages of a tough grand final.

Chalk and cheese comparison to Smith running over to get in the face of a small defender losing a contest to a key forward when they’re down 120 points.

I personally don’t care about it that much. But can see how it rubs some the wrong way.

The irony of how defensive a lot of Dogs fans are is pretty hilarious though considering how much they’ve despised Greene and the Giants over the years for playing with similar aggression. This goes back before Greene’s incident with Bont.

Last edited:

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The irony of how defensive a lot of Dogs fans are is pretty hilarious though considering how much they’ve despised Greene and the Giants over the years for playing with similar aggression. This goes back before Greene’s incident with Bont.

Does it go back to the time Greene punched Daniel in the face after he took a mark? Or before he kicked Dahl in the face whilst receiving a handball? Let us know when Baz pokes someones eye or pulls someones hair whilst they're on the bottom of a pack. Until then, it's not "similar agression".

You know what is ironic? Greene's no.1 fan in the media, calling out Bailey Smith for belittling his opponents, as if he hasn't loved the way greene has played on the edge over his career.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Does it go back to the time Greene punched Daniel in the face after he took a mark? Or before he kicked Dahl in the face whilst receiving a handball? Let us know when Baz pokes someones eye or pulls someones hair whilst they're on the bottom of a pack. Until then, it's not "similar agression".

You know what is ironic? Greene's no.1 fan in the media, calling out Bailey Smith for belittling his opponents, as if he hasn't loved the way greene has played on the edge over his career.
Smith punched Walsh last year. Exact same sort of s**t.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Burns attempted to smoke Voss, who bounced straight up and set up a goal in the early stages of a tough grand final.

Chalk and cheese comparison to Smith running over to get in the face of a small defender losing a contest to a key forward when they’re down 120 points.

I personally don’t care about it that much. But can see how it rubs some the wrong way.

Greene has done multiple dog acts. If you watch the game Ziebell had tackled Bruce head first into the ground prior to this incident. I'd say that was probably thw reason for Smith getting stuck into him after being outmarked.

When Smith is eye gouging, karate kicking and punching players in the head I won't be backing him up.

Ziebell is captaining a VFL U/21's side and is 130 points down and Smith comes from 20m away to get in his face.
... a minute after Ziebull rubs Bruce's face in the dirt after a tackle.

Fans complain about the game becoming sanitised and now don't want players to stick up for their teammates.
I prefer our players do care about their teammates. Each to their own.

Most oblivious take of the year goes to you. Congrats.

Wasn't aware of this. What's his self-appointed nickname?
Bazlenka, gets shortened to Baz.
Glen 'The Big Show' Maxwell likes this.

Fev 'Loosh' one of the more noted players to give themselves a nickname, but it's pretty rare.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Bazlenka, gets shortened to Baz.
Glen 'The Big Show' Maxwell likes this.

Fev 'Loosh' one of the more noted players to give themselves a nickname, but it's pretty rare.
Ah right. I've seen Bazlenka mentioned around the traps but didn't realise it was his own doing.
Don't know who Glen Maxwell is, but we all know that Fev was a bit of a tossbag, so no surprises there.

Ah right. I've seen Bazlenka mentioned around the traps but didn't realise it was his own doing.
Don't know who Glen Maxwell is, but we all know that Fev was a bit of a tossbag, so no surprises there.
There is an unspoken code that you can't give yourself a nickname and you're meant to hate it (Matthew 'Keith' Boyd a prime example). Kids these days have other ideas.

When Bailey Williams arrived at the cub and the new players were doing intros, Bob Murphy told him to tell the group his nickname was 'Horse'.
Of course when he introduced himself and said his nickname was Horse everybody cracked up and that stuck for a few years. It's now Truck because he can lift 4/5ths of FA in the gym.

Back