Multiplat Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm really excited for this. I never played any of the ME games - I was slow to be interested in them, and then spent the entirety of the last generation hearing rumours that a remastered trilogy was "coming soon" and trying to wait it out. It's finally (almost) time.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
These are my absolute favourite games of all time but I can't say that I'm impressed by what I've seen or heard so far. The changes to ME1 don't sound extensive enough.

Visually it's looks like a cheap re-skin that upgrades it from Xbox 360 graphics to early Xbox One level.

Also, what the hell is with developers wanting to cover every ******* environment in fog and cloud? Is this what realistic lighting effects means? Because all it does is * with the contrast and brightness, leaving you with a hazy, muddied mess.

The changes to ME1 don't sound extensive enough.

That is because it is a remaster not a remake. We also haven't really seen much of it yet to form any opinion either way.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The reskin looks pretty extensive. Don't forget too that the new textures will upscale better to modern resolutions. They probably can't improve the Unreal 3 lightning that much more and I'm guessing the liberal use of lens flares are to hide that. Things like fog are probably just to dress it up more. They would have been limited in terms of post processing effects for performance reasons back in 2007.

145631941_4951649088243768_3819854886339966057_o.jpg
145400909_4951649204910423_7154564698905135596_o.jpg

I'm.still not convinced but I love everyone's positivity. It might rub off.

I'm not recovering from the news that ME3 multilayer isn't included though. That's an unforgivable omission.

I'm also not entirely impressed with it, but then, I also liked how the Mako handled, those vertical climbs were a beast and bounce mechanics. There's something to be said when you can say, shove your arse into an armature and drive off.

For instance I don't like most of Sovereings remaster reveal, seems more blurred into rando enemy ship #47 and they added brighter lights? Some of the environment looks less like "this is dirt" and more like "this is dirt that's been washed a few times", however the characters that you see and talk to and that exist, look great by and large. Scales are scales, skin has flakes, hair moves as intended and I'm sure they'll spend many a time picture perfecting Mirandas globes.

As I never got into ME3 multiplayer though, I am le disappoint that Pinnacle Station was data corrupted so omitted.

I want my s**t apartment and to abuse Vidinos dagnammit.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
I'm.still not convinced but I love everyone's positivity. It might rub off.

I'm not recovering from the news that ME3 multilayer isn't included though. That's an unforgivable omission.

ME3's multiplayer was insanely fun and made it the overall best game of the series IMO, but I'm one of the few who didn't mind the ending.

I paid a stupid amount to digitally repurchase 2 and 3 + all dlc, and finally get 1, last year for first full trilogy play through on PS3. Had a blast - reckon I would have missed/forgot a lot of the more subtle references to the previous games if I hadn't played them one after another. Only ME1 felt like it needed a remake/remaster so it's a bit odd this isn't being made for the new consoles.

On Andromeda, after finally playing ME1 the more open world mako exploration made more sense, but it just resulted in more boring, repetitive bits travelling from A to B. Part of the reason ME2 and 3 are so good is because the story and action is so tight. Other than that I enjoyed Andromeda and still think a sequel has a lot of potential.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I must be the only person who thoroughly enjoyed ME1's combat, obnoxious weapon customization and all.

Rocking a pistol with explosive rounds, swapping them occasionally out for phasic rounds, barely any shots before overheating but hit like a ******* train. Throw them in there next to biotic abilities, and you've got something that can take out thresher maws on foot.

I don't know about this. I loved ME1, felt betrayed but still enjoyed ME2, and loved parts of 3 whilst hating others. I felt that Wrex went from being exceedingly well written in ME1 to being a cardboard cutout in the subsequent games, Liara's personality completely thrown out due to a desire to be edgy, while loving Garrus' transformation into Archangel. And 2 is more or less completely irrelevant to the Reaper war, regardless of WTF the Collecters were doing.

I don't know if I'll buy this. I probably will have a look, but until they demonstrate that they're willing to make another ME title that isn't an attempt to extract my money from my pocket - tell a worthwhile story, not full of lootboxes and/or trying to liveservice or just twinging the nostalgia strings - I'm not going to support EA with my money.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm disappointed there's no retail PC release.

I know they're a dying breed, but no retail means no competition on prices (JB with their launch day specials) and no collector's edition to match my OG trilogy on Xbox 360 from back when my PC was a potato :(

The Mass Effect trilogy were my favourite games from the PS3/360 generation.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm disappointed there's no retail PC release.

I know they're a dying breed, but no retail means no competition on prices (JB with their launch day specials) and no collector's edition to match my OG trilogy on Xbox 360 from back when my PC was a potato :(

The Mass Effect trilogy were my favourite games from the PS3/360 generation.

If you've got a PlayPro sub on Origin then it will be included in that.

Decent list of changes, i'll remain cynical about any remaster though.

However if the multiplayer was in and supported I would buy it day 1.

No multiplayer means I'll just wait for it to be cheap/wait for my current mods to be compatible if possible.

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did they fix the inventory system for ME1?

Does the Mako still drive like a POS?

Inventory management improvements
  • Items can now be flagged as “Junk”
  • All Junk items can be converted into Omni-gel or sold to merchants at once
  • Inventory and stores now have sorting functionality

These are the calibrations you can expect to experience when driving the Mako:
  • Improved handling
    • Physics tuning improved to feel “weightier” and slide around less
  • Improved camera controls
    • Resolved issues preventing the Mako from accurately aiming at lower angles
  • Shields recharge faster
  • New thrusters added for a speed boost
    • Its cooldown is separate from the jump jets’
  • The XP penalty while in the Mako has been removed
  • Touching lava no longer results in an instant Mission Failure and instead deals damage over time
25a.jpg

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Gone gold, not long now.

I'm torn, PC or PS5? I've already got EA Play Pro so it's included and it would be great in glorious ultrawide. However it's also the perfect couch game and obviously won't need the power of my 3080 + 5900x rig to perform like a new AAA release.

Gone gold, not long now.

I'm torn, PC or PS5? I've already got EA Play Pro so it's included and it would be great in glorious ultrawide. However it's also the perfect couch game and obviously won't need the power of my 3080 + 5900x rig to perform like a new AAA release.

I went PC as just make minimum and no PS5 at present.

Having played both on 360 and PC previously, I found the KB controls much more intuitive than controller and since I eventually plan to update, just need to find time to investigate and such, seemed the better decision for me at least.

nicko99

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Western Warriors
Gone gold, not long now.

Go PS5, apparently it runs better on the new consoles. Nothing better than the comfy couch. A PS5 is a basically a high end PC. I don't see this game having insane graphics on pc since it's still a unreal engine 3.

I tried recently playing a pc game and I get uncomfortable, I don't have best chair but i cant lay my feet up lol.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I went PC as just make minimum and no PS5 at present.

Having played both on 360 and PC previously, I found the KB controls much more intuitive than controller and since I eventually plan to update, just need to find time to investigate and such, seemed the better decision for me at least.

I was thinking PS5 because I felt like I've had hardly anything to play on it as PC is my main platform and sometimes I just like kicking back in the recliner. Agree that mouse and keyboard feels better for things like this. I also prefer playing in 21:9 ultrawide as when I play on console I feel like the 16:9 screen ratio is cramped even at 4K. It's included in my Origin/EA pass already so won't cost an extra cent to play on PC as well.

I've got the EA sub on PS5 too but they only offer the basic sub so I think I saw it's still about $85 digitally from memory (and I've got the discless PS5).

Back