Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This third fight is going to be massive. I like McGregor, he’s a complete madman but I really like Poirier. Hope Poirier wins because his career will go to the moon if he does.

Not really no. Poirier will always be Poirier. Everyone's 2nd favourite. Impossible to dislike. But not good enough behind the camera to go to the next level. Nor is he willing to say the things to get a sound bite. As dull as khabib was he had a country behind him and his broken english made for some funny lines.

Conor seems to be at his best after a loss. He adjusted after diaz by incorporating leg kicks, improved cardio, and patience. I'm not sure he can adjust this time as Poirier is so well rounded. Dustin admitted he was hurt in their last fight but i see him doing the same again...trying to wear conor out in the first and then turning up the pressure in the 2nd.

Low kicks seem to be like kryptonite at the moment in the UFC. Not many fighters have an answer for them. If I was Conor I'd be bringing in Paul Felder to spar with and throwing bags of money at him to get him ready for them. Or go train with tiger muay thai.

Not really no. Poirier will always be Poirier. Everyone's 2nd favourite. Impossible to dislike. But not good enough behind the camera to go to the next level. Nor is he willing to say the things to get a sound bite. As dull as khabib was he had a country behind him and his broken english made for some funny lines.

Conor seems to be at his best after a loss. He adjusted after diaz by incorporating leg kicks, improved cardio, and patience. I'm not sure he can adjust this time as Poirier is so well rounded. Dustin admitted he was hurt in their last fight but i see him doing the same again...trying to wear conor out in the first and then turning up the pressure in the 2nd.

Low kicks seem to be like kryptonite at the moment in the UFC. Not many fighters have an answer for them. If I was Conor I'd be bringing in Paul Felder to spar with and throwing bags of money at him to get him ready for them. Or go train with tiger muay thai.

I meant career wise. I don’t see Dustin rocking up in a yacht anytime soon. Just don’t think Conor has the same drive anymore, as the late great Marvin Hagler said, “it’s tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you’ve been sleeping in silk pyjamas”. But I spose Floyd does or so who knows...

I meant career wise. I don’t see Dustin rocking up in a yacht anytime soon. Just don’t think Conor has the same drive anymore, as the late great Marvin Hagler said, “it’s tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you’ve been sleeping in silk pyjamas”. But I spose Floyd does or so who knows...
It won't really either career wise. He was already the interim champ. Most think he's the best in the division. No matter what the ghost of khabib will haunt the division for a while yet. Especially when he despatched dustin with ease.

It won't really either career wise. He was already the interim champ. Most think he's the best in the division. No matter what the ghost of khabib will haunt the division for a while yet. Especially when he despatched dustin with ease.

It’s why Dana doesn’t want him to retire. But he’s far too good for all of them.

When my nan got dementia she hated me. I wasn’t allowed in her house because she’d lose it, I’d have to wait outside. But I was a little smart arse so I’d pop my head up by the window she sat next to where and she’d get mad and hit it with her walking stick...still makes me laugh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Facebook memories for informing me that 12 years ago today was the NMFC 'chicken gate' controversy.

Truly one of the stupidest and most overblown scandals in footy history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back