Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even find Significant s post to comment on as I'm too drunk.

What would Here2tellyouwhy do in this situation? :think:
And the thread now pauses....
s**t one too many scotches and a podcast about Quantum computing and it's relationship to blockchain technology and I fell asleep.

Ummm * Ridley the over priced hack. He's bearly an up and comer and his mum has bigger thighs.
Go for Hurn. Proven. Big quads. Kick ball long for many points.
s**t if Hurn was Essendons only player and wasn't surrounded by 3 all Australians he'd be averaging 230 by now *ens.

Okay kids, been a long week, flat out at work but have finally settled down with a classy Dimple on the rocks to assess the options for Round 4.

Team currently is:

View attachment 1096719View attachment 1096720

Hunter Clark is my big issue for the week. Feel I have got this one wrong unfortunately so thinking he goes...

Option 1:

View attachment 1096718

Gives me a backline of:

View attachment 1096721

Option 2:

View attachment 1096722

Gives me a backline of:

View attachment 1096723

Not 100% committed to doing either strategy yet, keen to hear advice, opinions or ideas that I may be missing. Cheers all! 👍🥃😎
If Highmore is IN then you could just go HClark to Bowes, and pass on Chapman

Consult with Here2tellyouwhy first as he is Hurn's gatekeeper and lover. :moustache:

View attachment 1096735
tenor (11).gif

Stupid thing is in pure SC terms Hurn has been an absolute GOAT in my team.

Think about it. I've run with him for four years now. Most of you kenties haven't kept a player all year let alone four whole years. He's dead set scores more SC points for me than any other flog has for any of your flog teams. And they've all been juice POD points. The tastiest kind.

Ok now. Back in 5.

I’m bouncing back n forth between CJ and Impey. Really like CJ style. Reminds me of peak HarryO circa 2009/10. Don’t expect him to maintain current scoring but he’s gotta be good for 85+ and make some nice coin. Impeys role off HB suits SC. 2 amazing scores past 2 weeks at near perfect DE%. The thing is, he’s normally a bit of a butcher DE wise so I’m kinda expecting him to revert to default style. Both have their risks and both will need a further trade upgrade at some point. Will have to mull this over till Sunday.

This is an interesting point. One thing to note is that Impey has gone 123 and 108 at the MCG whilst only scoring 64 at Marvel. I think the open expansiveness of the G helps Impey run and carry and create off half back. He can get away with more of his kicks because of the sheer size of it. I’m not sure he’s suited to smaller grounds whatsoever. FF is broken so would love to check but I feel it will support this claim.

One thing to note is that the Hawks only have 4 games at the G in their next 13 games. His incredible efficiency will decrease and the clangers will start ticking over, that’s a given. Will be interesting to see what he averages over that span.

To be fair to Jars, it's hard to have a high D/E% playing the small forward role, even the good users that play that role have lowish D/Es. In Impey's 1 'good sc season' when he played HB for most of the year his D/E was 79% which is quite good. The only concern with Impey for me is if Clarko starts using the magnets like he did with Sicily a few times and moves Impey to the forward line. I know he's been playing well at HB but all of the Hawks running defenders have as well, so moving the one that can play forward when needed is always an option.
Reckon Impey is set at HB, maybe he goes forward if Bruest goes down but can't see it. Another 3 or 4 weeks and he will be at $400k+ and an easy trade anyway.

Probably no trades.

However, the video below represents my desire to punt Dow from my team.

Dow -> Chapman via Clark
Pretty simple really
This is the trade I'm doing.

I'm super conservative with trades but I think Dow has to go Suma Magic. I was hoping to hold him for Aquaman next week, but he probably won't make his BE this week 😢

Don't trade sexy Jelly man, trading him out for Ridley will ruin you going forward, Ridley isn't gonna average 130, just like jelly isn't gonna average 90.
JM needs to be there to open the no trades club in Round 15.

Also I think JM should have his own trade thread to agonise in each week. Must be up to about 50 posts re:Jelly to Ridley this week. I love it 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the trade I'm doing.

I'm super conservative with trades but I think Dow has to go Suma Magic. I was hoping to hold him for Aquaman next week, but he probably won't make his BE this week 😢

Surely Dow is some chance of getting dropped anyway? He is averaging 4.8 ratings points from his last 6 games. He is absolute garbage, or at least he is playing that way.

Surely Dow is some chance of getting dropped anyway? He is averaging 4.8 ratings points from his last 6 games. He is absolute garbage, or at least he is playing that way.
It was a mistake starting him, McDonald was the right pick.

Only thing that saves him for me is if Chapman doesn't get picked.

View attachment 1096801
To be fair his mids ain't scoring much less than my attempt at starting a beefed up midfield....
If Highmore is IN then you could just go HClark to Bowes, and pass on Chapman

This is the interesting part and cheers for your point of view bud 👍 , there is more than one way to get your points in this game. I banked on trying to nail my rookies and cash generation at the start which I feel I have done while others have had to trade these guys in.

I had to take a hit somewhere and the MIDS was the most obvious choice given we have so many good rookies in there. Kadog has a point on paper it looks short compared to sides like yours but I feel I am in an awesome position given how it is going so far...

I figure if I can lock away a section of the ground which has seen big spikes in scoring with the best options early, it places me very nicely compared to others.

Gives me 25-26 trades to focus on cashing in rookies to get the best possible MIDS & FWDS.

How's the rest of your side balancing up mate? 🙂

As for H. Clark to Bowes, definitely an option to do, Kosi still feels like he may not be worth the wait and Chapman could be done giving me scenario 2... how good a prospect is Chapman? Feel we may not get a tonne more DEF rookies after him?

Absolutely will consider Bowes straight in though. 👍

I’m bouncing back n forth between CJ and Impey. Really like CJ style. Reminds me of peak HarryO circa 2009/10. Don’t expect him to maintain current scoring but he’s gotta be good for 85+ and make some nice coin. Impeys role off HB suits SC. 2 amazing scores past 2 weeks at near perfect DE%. The thing is, he’s normally a bit of a butcher DE wise so I’m kinda expecting him to revert to default style. Both have their risks and both will need a further trade upgrade at some point. Will have to mull this over till Sunday.
Hopefully he’s a little more ‘grounded’ than his lord and saviour Prince Don’t Call Me Harry Heretier Save The World Because I Think I’m A Genius But I’m Nothing More Than A Post Modernist Regressive Left Woke Moron O’Brien I Mean Lumumba.
Quite a mouthful that

On another note, how baked does old Barack look in this gif?

It was a mistake starting him, McDonald was the right pick.

Only thing that saves him for me is if Chapman doesn't get picked.
Depends if I' choose to DeGoey or not... Dow may survive

Dow will be an expensive use of a loopy :eek:
But, that's by far his best contribution to my team :poo:

Collier-Dawkins needs to finally get a gig this week.
He represents the start of the Tiges rebuild :p

Reported that he had a great pre season. Surely he can get a game after an 8 goal thumping.
we are going with debutant Wil Martyn instead.

I would hold Hunter Clark for one more week.

Round 1 when he scored 113 he had a CBA% of 70, 2nd behind Steele.

Round 2 he had 35%

Round 3 he had 14%

With no Gresham I would imagine it will go back up.

I would hold Hunter Clark for one more week.

Round 1 when he scored 113 he had a CBA% of 70, 2nd behind Steele.

Round 2 he had 35%

Round 3 he had 14%

With no Gresham I would imagine it will go back up.
Crouch into teh side on the weekend though. I would expect it go to back up but will it be enough to punch out 90+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back