Preview Round 4 v Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval Friday 9th April 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're waiting for him to pull his finger out which obviously is harder than first thought.Be interesting how he responses this time.
Sulk or Swim?
RCD ought to get pointers of finga extraction from Flossy to help with his responses...

Dont think that was our issue in 2018 - we played a total of 35 different players in the seniors, with 3 or 4 first gamers and a heap of players with 15 games or less. 2018's issue was we got comfortable in our gamestyle and were ill-equipped to go to a "Plan B" if an opponent was able to break it down
Don't agree..we played players who were obviously injured or underdone in the last third of the season instead of resting them

Watching snippets of the Sydney game again, our ball use was probably the worst I've seen it since the early Hardwick days.
I know we were under high pressure, but watch it again and you'll see just how bad we kicked the footy even when not under that much pressure.

Yep. Just one of those days.

In the 1st quarter, we were using anyone except Short for the behind kick-ins, trying to find Short as the receiver in the pocket. Kept turning it over. 2nd quarter, Shorty took the kick-ins and promptly put a few out of bounds. * me. The Swans pressure was good, but you've got, what? 20 metres to the nearest opponent taking the kick-in.

Shouldn't happen again.

looking forward to seeing how we bounce back. key forwards look to be dominating and we are just not using jack and lynch to the same way for whatever reason.

Most of the team is down on pressure acts, comparing last year's average to the first 3 rounds. But three of our players are up - well up. Dusty, Lynch and Riewoldt. Dusty set himself for a big season, and I see that as explaining his increase.

Lynch and Riewoldt? Dunno what's going on there. Maybe filling a job that's not getting done? Not sure. But it suggests to me that the forward line is not functioning as intended. I reckon they are both playing well enough. Jack, particularly, looks frisky. Just not putting it on the scoreboard.

(Off topic, but I have Caddy down by 7 pressure acts a game on last year. 7. He doesn't want to be in the team right now.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Just one of those days.

In the 1st quarter, we were using anyone except Short for the behind kick-ins, trying to find Short as the receiver in the pocket. Kept turning it over. 2nd quarter, Shorty took the kick-ins and promptly put a few out of bounds. fu** me. The Swans pressure was good, but you've got, what? 20 metres to the nearest opponent taking the kick-in.

Shouldn't happen again.

I dont know why but we seem to be one of the only teams that arent being aggressive from kick ins, we always go short into the pocket then long down the line, or we run 15m and kick it long down the line..

Why not switch it up here and there, even hit up short 15m kicks like every team does against us

I dont know why but we seem to be one of the only teams that arent being aggressive from kick ins, we always go short into the pocket then long down the line, or we run 15m and kick it long down the line..

Why not switch it up here and there, even hit up short 15m kicks like every team does against us

Yep. Easiest 65 metres gained of the day for Short to waltz up the middle and drop it in the centre circle. Balta could nearly put it to CHF. Lynch and Riewoldt are two pretty handy contested marks to stand under that and bring it to ground. Haven't seen us even try one yet.

Games with debutants playing are the most exciting games of the H&A season, especially coming off a loss.

I don’t care if we lose, I just expect us to play well and find a player in either Martyn or Mansell. I reckon they’ll both have killer debuts.

Our loss to Port last year was one of my fondest memories of 2020 funnily enough, because I just knew we’d be okay by the time September came.

Any reason why Shai played predominantly forward last week as opposed to midfield first two weeks?
Rioli started the game as a sub so Bolton was probably given his small forward role
Depending on the ins and outs we should see him back into the higher midfield minutes or even some time on the wing
Especially with the injurys to Prestia and Kmac
We may also limit Cotchins midfield/game time time just to manage witch would probably mean more midfield time for Bolton as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back