Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game has got quicker and we need to keep up. Ceglar and Howe to be replaced with leg speed. Maybe Howe keeps his spot as the sub.
I like what you have done here but replace Silk with Moore put Silk in as sub so he is rested.Worpel stays a Mid or stays Home.To get good run from a side you have to give them a consistent run.

The game has got quicker and we need to keep up. Ceglar and Howe to be replaced with leg speed. Maybe Howe keeps his spot as the sub.
I like what you have done here but replace Silk with Moore put Silk in as sub so he is rested.Worpel stays a Mid or stays Home.To get good run from a side you have to give them a consistent run

If we are being honest, the only thing saving Brockman for Ollie is the W.A trip. Another quiet one and he'll be out the following week.
Burgoyne definitely a candidate to not travel, with Greaves or Cousins getting a berth.
I thought we were way too tall at times with Ceglar/McEvoy,Lewis & Kosi all in the F50.
Perhaps Clarko see's the more mobile Nash coming in for one of them? I personally don't like the inexperienced duo together
in the forward line(prefer TOB),but we'll see who's named on Saturday.

If we are being honest, the only thing saving Brockman for Ollie is the W.A trip. Another quiet one and he'll be out the following week.

Ollie is a bit better up the ground, but Brockman is hitting the scoreboard at an elite rate for a small forward at the moment and tackling better too.

I would much rather Brockman in my team to gain more confidence and work through the errors while he is still contributing with goals and tackles.

Burgoyne definitely a candidate to not travel, with Greaves or Cousins getting a berth.
I thought we were way too tall at times with Ceglar/McEvoy,Lewis & Kosi all in the F50.
Perhaps Clarko see's the more mobile Nash coming in for one of them? I personally don't like the inexperienced duo together
in the forward line(prefer TOB),but we'll see who's named on Saturday.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nash for Brockman after his first 3 quarters last week. Even with the Perth trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else ******* sick of sunday games already
It's unfortunately the reality of where we're at currently. If we keep playing this fast, attacking style and getting the ball into the hands of CJ we'll soon be putting bigger scores on the board and winning. Then comes the prime time slots.

It's unfortunately the reality of where we're at currently. If we keep playing this fast, attacking style and getting the ball into the hands of CJ we'll soon be putting bigger scores on the board and winning. Then comes the prime time slots.
Even during our 3peat years we got more Sunday games than anyone else except melbourne

Ollie is a bit better up the ground, but Brockman is hitting the scoreboard at an elite rate for a small forward at the moment and tackling better too.

I would much rather Brockman in my team to gain more confidence and work through the errors while he is still contributing with goals and tackles.
Agreed. Brockman looks the kind of player that can win us games with a 5 minute burst. He was quiet last week but his goal was a cracker coming from nothing at such an important time. First game at the G in front of a big crowd we can cut him some slack for an inconsistent game.

Keep playing Tyler and let him get the experience. We need match winners in the forward half. Ollie is at best a battler.

Even during our 3peat years we got more Sunday games than anyone else except melbourne

I just did a quick scan out of interest. In 2013, Hawks played 6 Sunday games, which was fewer than Adelaide, Melbourne, Port, North, Eagles, Richmond, Bulldogs, GWS, Freo, Bris, Sydney and the Saints (and the same as Collingwood)

And it seems Hawks only played 4 Sunday games in both 2014 and 2015.

Just flicked through the season fixture on Wikipedia for 2013-2019 and I don't believe this is true. We basically lived on Saturdays (as requested by the club due to the family friendly time). Plenty of Friday and Thursday night time slots also. Seemed the only time we did end up on Sunday was due to the necessity of other games (like Easter Monday) and we largely only played them against interstate or smaller Melbourne clubs, or in Tassie - which makes perfect sense.

We had a very good run when we were up and deserved it. I loved attending Friday and Saturday night games at the MCG with crowds over 50k. But currently we haven't shown the AFL or the broadcasters that we deserve to be back in prime time. We're getting there though with performances like the second half against Essendon, the last quarter against the Cats, and basically any time CJ has the pill.

If we start consistently winning (or at least keeping things excitingly close) with an attractive style of play and they don't start putting us on Saturdays again next time they do a fixture release then I think we can be justifiably aggrieved by it. Until then, Sunday is sadly where we have to be.

I don't think they still bring the sub straight back in, especially after having a non-impactful game in round two and not playing at all in round three.

Going to be some rain over here for Sunday up to 15mm forecast.

Definitely bring in a small, not a tall, if we're going to make a change then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back